You want fries with that?

\GoBillsInDallas/

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Well .... you should have to wait only so long ....

This is EXACTLY why I go to Wendy’s! They get a much better crowd at the drive thru there!

Back in my banking days there was an attempted robbery at one of my branches. The lobby closed at 4:00 PM, but the drive thru stayed open until 5:00 PM. A guy pulls up in the first lane of the drive thru and sends in a note demanding $10,000.  The cute young teller took three steps sideways, so she was not only behind bulletproof glass but also totally out of sight. He eventually just drove off...... 🤷‍♂️

I got there about the same time as the police and she says “I knew something was up immediately.” Oh? Why is that? “He was the only guy all day to drive up with a towel over his head!”  This guy thought he had “a plan” to rob a bank. He probably worked at Burger King because Wendy’s wouldn’t let him serve their fries!

If I sound anti-BK, it might be because my stomach tolerates Mighty Taco a thousand times better than a Whopper! I am “Whopper intolerant”, apparently. That has led to some distressing moments in my life!  😱

2 hours ago, Augie said:

This is EXACTLY why I go to Wendy’s! They get a much better crowd at the drive thru there!

Back in my banking days there was an attempted robbery at one of my branches. The lobby closed at 4:00 PM, but the drive thru stayed open until 5:00 PM. A guy pulls up in the first lane of the drive thru and sends in a note demanding $10,000.  The cute young teller took three steps sideways, so she was not only behind bulletproof glass but also totally out of sight. He eventually just drove off...... 🤷‍♂️

I got there about the same time as the police and she says “I knew something was up immediately.” Oh? Why is that? “He was the only guy all day to drive up with a towel over his head!”  This guy thought he had “a plan” to rob a bank. He probably worked at Burger King because Wendy’s wouldn’t let him serve their fries!

If I sound anti-BK, it might be because my stomach tolerates Mighty Taco a thousand times better than a Whopper! I am “Whopper intolerant”, apparently. That has led to some distressing moments in my life!  😱

My cousin’s wife was a branch manager at a bank. She recounts a story where a brilliant guy walks in, robs them and then proceeds to walk down the street. He goes to a competitor bank and looks to deposit what he just stole. :lol: 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

My cousin’s wife was a branch manager at a bank. She recounts a story where a brilliant guy walks in, robs them and then proceeds to walk down the street. He goes to a competitor bank and looks to deposit what he most stole. :lol: 

A guy I knew at that bank had one branch and a teller had a sick kid. Couldn’t go to school, but he said she could bring the kid to work and keep an eye on her behind the teller line so they weren’t left short handed. 

That was a VERY bad day for two guys to come in with guns, jump over the teller line and rob the bank while being confronted with a toddler.  I think that was his last day with the bank.  Bad idea looked a LOT worse given those events!  

Two incidents in Buffalo in the 70s.

One the gut holds up the bank and the teller  says they don't have that much money on hand. He goes across the street to a competitor and attempts to rob that one.

The other one- the robber holds up the bank, walks down the street and waits at the bus stop for the next bus.

Edited by Wacka

23 hours ago, Augie said:

Years ago we learned from you about your Popeye's problems...now you mention BK.  Good lord, man, what junk can you eat?!

21 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Years ago we learned from you about your Popeye's problems...now you mention BK.  Good lord, man, what junk can you eat?!

Popeye’s tried to kill us both! We were (food) poisoned!  On the road, in rural SC after a Clemson game. Not a lot of good options there!  I hope those horrible nightmares don’t come back into my life!  😱

The Whopper thing is all on me, I guess. 

We had friends who had a small place when they first married. They hosted Thanksgiving and had out of town guests. They gave everyone food poisoning, but they only had one bathroom. It was a battle they laugh about....................now. Nuthin’ funny about it way back when. 

Seriously, the only time I will eat fast food is if we are driving long distance and there are no other options. The only exception I can think of is Jersey Mike’s (a few times a year, tops) which is actually pretty good. 

Edited by Augie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.