The 1980 Week 14 curtain call

LEBills

On 4/5/2021 at 7:56 AM, PonyBoy said:

This was my very 1st Bills game as a young teenager. I have a picture of the ticket stub. I tried to upload it but it's too big. If any one can help, would like to post it.

Price of ticket was $10.98

County charge: 025¢

Tax:.77¢

Total $12.00 Haha

Section E Aisle 8 Row 44 Seat 11

If you are using Windows do the following:

1) Click on the "type here to search" box to the right of the Windows button. (Lower left corner of your computer screen)

2) Type in the word Paint

3) Click on the button to open the Paint app.

4) Within Paint, click on the word "file" (upper left corner), then on "open". Use Paint to open the picture of the ticket stub.

5) Look at the picture of the ticket stub in Paint and make sure it looks as you wish.

6) Click on "file" then on "save as". To achieve the smallest size/lowest quality, select the .gif option.

7) Upload the .gif version of the file to this site.

If your picture is on a cell phone, forward the picture to your own email address so you can open it on your PC. When on your PC, open the email with the picture in it, click on the file for the picture, and save the file to your hard drive. You will then be able to follow the above-listed steps.

14 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

If you are using Windows do the following:

1) Click on the "type here to search" box to the right of the Windows button. (Lower left corner of your computer screen)

2) Type in the word Paint

3) Click on the button to open the Paint app.

4) Within Paint, click on the word "file" (upper left corner), then on "open". Use Paint to open the picture of the ticket stub.

5) Look at the picture of the ticket stub in Paint and make sure it looks as you wish.

6) Click on "file" then on "save as". To achieve the smallest size/lowest quality, select the .gif option.

7) Upload the .gif version of the file to this site.

If your picture is on a cell phone, forward the picture to your own email address so you can open it on your PC. When on your PC, open the email with the picture in it, click on the file for the picture, and save the file to your hard drive. You will then be able to follow the above-listed steps.

I tried this, it didn't work. I'll try again. Thank you!

On 4/5/2021 at 12:53 PM, Buftex said:

I collect old Bills games.  That is the "holy grail" of modern Bills games.  From what I understand, it was only broadcast in Miami and some parts of Florida. It was around the time when VCR's were becoming a little more common in most houses.  Surely, somebody has a copy of it somewhere!  I have been looking for a copy of it for probably 20 years. I even joined some Dolphins fan group, just to see if anyone had a copy.  Found a guy that had nearly every Dolphins game from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's...but no luck on that game. 

It wasn't sold out in time to be broadcast in WNY?  And being that is was against the Rams, the game was surely broadcast in the LA area.

Remember the game vividly. Odd to have Home finale with 2 games to play. We lost at NE, setting up a Must Win at SF with an up & coming young QB named Montana. His last second Hail Mary was -wait for it... KNOCKED DOWN!

2 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

If your second attempt fails as well, let me know what went wrong. If (for example) the file is still too large, I can help with that.

When I get home tonight I'll see if I can crop it down. Said file was still too big. By the time I get it posted,  no one will see it 😃. Thank you very much again! 

1 minute ago, PonyBoy said:

When I get home tonight I'll see if I can crop it down. Said file was still too big. By the time I get it posted,  no one will see it 😃. Thank you very much again! 

In Paint you can resize a photo. Near the top left of the screen there will be a button which says "resize." Click that. Then choose "resize as a percentage" which should be the default option chosen. Then pick a percentage, like 50, or 70 or whatever seems best. Make sure you're resizing horizontal and vertical by the same percentage. (this should also be the default behavior). Once you've resized it save it as a .gif .

4 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

It wasn't sold out in time to be broadcast in WNY?  And being that is was against the Rams, the game was surely broadcast in the LA area.

No, I was referring to the opening day game from that season...the Miami game where the streak ended.

Just now, Ned Flanders said:

Ah, my bad.  Blacked out in WNY?  Wouldn't have thunk it.

I think it sold out, but not in time to lift the local broadcast blackout.  As I am sure you recall, back in those days, a Sunday game had to be sold out by Thursday in order to broadcast in the home city.  Different times!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Remember the game vividly. Odd to have Home finale with 2 games to play. We lost at NE, setting up a Must Win at SF with an up & coming young QB named Montana. His last second Hail Mary was -wait for it... KNOCKED DOWN!

Remember the play well...told my mother that if 49ers get the touchdown, I was throwing myself into the Christmas tree.  Alas, the holiday was saved.

• Like (+1) 1

755317329_RamsBillsTicketGIF.thumb.gif.925cb488388e88c3052348d709214476.gif

Just now, PonyBoy said:

This was the Bills Ticket I saved from the Curtain Call game. My 1st Bills game. Thanks to Arm of Harm on this board who kindly taught me how to post this.  

4 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

In Paint you can resize a photo. Near the top left of the screen there will be a button which says "resize." Click that. Then choose "resize as a percentage" which should be the default option chosen. Then pick a percentage, like 50, or 70 or whatever seems best. Make sure you're resizing horizontal and vertical by the same percentage. (this should also be the default behavior). Once you've resized it save it as a .gif .

Thank you! I just got it posted now. Appreciate the help and follow up! 🙂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

This was the Bills Ticket I saved from the Curtain Call game. My 1st Bills game. Thanks to Arm of Harm on this board who kindly taught me how to post this.  

Thank you! I just got it posted now. Appreciate the help and follow up! 🙂

You're welcome. Glad to help. Great ticket stub! :)