The 1980 Week 14 curtain call

LEBills

A fun video to watch, this game was a little before my time so I hadn’t heard about it before. It’s amazing how the spirit of this fan base has not changed throughout generations and we really are the best fans in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Awesome moment.

Something similar happened on Sep. 25th, 2011, when Fitz and the Bills beat the Pats.  Nobody wanted to leave.  We didn't wait for the players to come back on the field, but the party went on in the stadium, and parking lot, for hours afterwards.  We really felt like we had turned a corner.  But alas.....

• Like (+1) 1

My earliest memories of the Buffalo Bills are of the 80-81 seasons.  I was 6 years old and watched the games with my dad. Lots of those player's names are etched in my long term memory. Thanks for the link!

• Agree 1

This was the first season my Dad got me into football. The first game being the Dolphins game and I was hooked at the age of 9. 
    I’m pretty sure I was at this game but have no recollection of it. We would have left as the old man would have wanted to stop at his favorite bar before going home.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This was the first season my Dad got me into football. The first game being the Dolphins game and I was hooked at the age of 9. 
    I’m pretty sure I was at this game but have no recollection of it. We would have left as the old man would have wanted to stop at his favorite bar before going home.

That was my kid brother's 14th birthday...September 7, 1980. We had only been in VA a couple of years and that game wasn't being televised in Richmond but the whole family was glued to the TV watching the NBC scroll to keep tabs on the game. It was nerve-wracking until we saw the score go final: Bills 17, Dolphins 7. We erupted in glee after having endured '0 for the '70s'. What a great birthday present for my bro. To this day, that 1980 season is one of my favorite Bills seasons/memories of all time. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, LEBills said:

A fun video to watch, this game was a little before my time so I hadn’t heard about it before. It’s amazing how the spirit of this fan base has not changed throughout generations and we really are the best fans in the NFL.

Was at that game we had the goal posts in our hands before they exited the stadium.  Freezing rain and fans never left and when players all,came back,onto the field what a celebration 

This was my very 1st Bills game as a young teenager. I have a picture of the ticket stub. I tried to upload it but it's too big. If any one can help, would like to post it.

Price of ticket was $10.98

County charge: 025¢

Tax:.77¢

Total $12.00 Haha

Section E Aisle 8 Row 44 Seat 11

16 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

The video was great for the highlights, but that dude incessantly talking needs to shut up. 

Yes and his pronunciations need some work.  Fred "Smer-loss?"

I was at the game, took a bus from Ester's in Rochester...stayed in the stadium for a little while then hightailed it back to the bus lot; it would have been a long walk home.

19 hours ago, seannc said:

My earliest memories of the Buffalo Bills are of the 80-81 seasons.  I was 6 years old and watched the games with my dad. Lots of those player's names are etched in my long term memory. Thanks for the link!

Same here.  This is where it all began!

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

I wish their was a video of the full game for the 1980 opener when they ended the streak vs the Dolphins. That was one of the most memorable regular season games in franchise history.

I collect old Bills games.  That is the "holy grail" of modern Bills games.  From what I understand, it was only broadcast in Miami and some parts of Florida. It was around the time when VCR's were becoming a little more common in most houses.  Surely, somebody has a copy of it somewhere!  I have been looking for a copy of it for probably 20 years. I even joined some Dolphins fan group, just to see if anyone had a copy.  Found a guy that had nearly every Dolphins game from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's...but no luck on that game. 

I was at the game...my first game as a season ticket owner!  What a way to start!

Edited by Buftex

5 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

This was my very 1st Bills game as a young teenager. I have a picture of the ticket stub. I tried to upload it but it's too big. If any one can help, would like to post it.

Price of ticket was $10.98

County charge: 025¢

Tax:.77¢

Total $12.00 Haha

Section E Aisle 8 Row 44 Seat 11

Section E??  Where's that?  I think a beer now costs $12.

I can't help with the picture, but I'd love to see it.

2 hours ago, TailgateChef said:

Section E??  Where's that?  I think a beer now costs $12.

I can't help with the picture, but I'd love to see it.

Well Section E was pretty high up. I think the E stood for Elevated... way up! It was about the 5 yard line, tunnel end if i remember it.  😃 I personally love that the county took only about 2.75% for tax.

Ive only been to 7 games my whole life. This Rams game, the Roland Hooks hail mary, the Eagles Randall Cunningham 95 yard pass, Jim Kelly dive into end zone in Miami and The 1st game of the no huddle season with Jeff George starting his 1st game. Havent been to many, but some memorable ones for sure!