Who’s the ONE guy you want the Bills to draft no matter what!!?

McBean

31 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Seeing the picks the rest of the AFC East has compared to Buffalo it’s going to be interesting to see just what Beane has up his sleeve. The Jets and Dolphins each have two 1st rd picks and the Patriots pick at #15, the earliest that they have picked since 2008 when they drafted Mayo at #10. 

I like how Beane fortified the OL and how he also added to the LB position. I don’t expect either position to be addressed in the 1st rd. While some have hopes of the Bills to grab one of the top 2 RBs, Harris and Etienne, it would be a mild surprise to me if either name is called on Day 1 of the draft. The Bills didn’t lose to the Chiefs because of their RBs, they lost to them because they couldn’t get to MaHomes. Imo that really only leaves 4 positions to address in the 1st rd and that is WR, TE, CB and the DL. Although I, as in many, would love to see the Bills add Florida’s TE Kyle Pitts it just doesn’t seem reasonable nor feasible. As far as WR goes it’s obvious that we’re ok there for at least a year or 2. So I guess it should either be the secondary or the DL. Re-signing Wallace and the play of Dane Jackson last year may be enough to let the Bills just to focus solely on the DL. 

If that turns out to be the case what would you like to see happen? Do the Bills look towards the future without Star or does Horrible Harry fill that spot? Or is it a edge rusher of some sort, either DE or pass rushing OLB that will be addressed? It’s seems to me to be the latter but picking at #30 makes it pretty difficult to find a worthy player. I’m thinking that now that Beane has filled a lot of depth at certain positions and facing a cash strapped salary cap season that maybe, just maybe Beane goes for quality rather than quantity and uses a combination of player(s) and draft pick(s) to move up into the mid teens to low 20’s to be able to be in position to get such a player. No matter what I believe Beane is gonna have to make yet another bold move in this year’s draft to get the Bills back into some title games this season imo.

So much here to unpack.

First, I'm kind of glad the AFC east is seemingly becoming relevant, division wise. For far too long it's been the Pats and then the rest of us. The competition will make US better. Just know this. ALL these picks the Phins and Jets have, they need to get them right. Also, it's fair to say the best QB in division is Josh. Period. Tua?  I wonder. He's young and the Phins will likely litter good talent around him. I'd take Pitts if I were them at 6 and then land either best OL or edge at 18.  

Jets? Tons-o-picks. Can't possibly use them all. Or hit on them. Make no mistake, the arrow points up for them. It'll take time. I'm really curious to the path they take.

Pats? Better talent to date. Cam still the leader in the clubhouse. He doesn't concern me. Could  a QB be drafted? Maybe. They'll compete hard. 

All this will make Buffalo better. Beane will identify weaknesses in our game as it pertains to "in division" and acquire as necessary vis draft/FA. 

We've got this. It's our time. We have the essential QB and front office to see this through. We're here to stay. Let's enjoy. 

Beane is in the enviable position of worrying about his own team more than the competition. He took advantage of that through some free agent signings ahead of the draft knowing he didn't have a high draft pick. Other teams have high draft picks (hope), we have a solid foundation to (hopefully) improve on. I'll take the latter over the former. 

It would seem the pressure was on Beane to produce when he had the great draft position, but also the poor roster and cap issues that led to it. Now the roles are reversed, but for every Josh Allen, several competing teams will draft a Josh Rosen. Beane has earned the benefit of the doubt at this point in his Bills tenure. 

51 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I’d really like Beane to go all in and move up to 4 to take Kyle Pitts. But I’m also crazy

There is no way he is moving up to 4.  The cost would be astronomical.

58 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Seeing the picks the rest of the AFC East has compared to Buffalo it’s going to be interesting to see just what Beane has up his sleeve. The Jets and Dolphins each have two 1st rd picks and the Patriots pick at #15, the earliest that they have picked since 2008 when they drafted Mayo at #10. 

I like how Beane fortified the OL and how he also added to the LB position. I don’t expect either position to be addressed in the 1st rd. While some have hopes of the Bills to grab one of the top 2 RBs, Harris and Etienne, it would be a mild surprise to me if either name is called on Day 1 of the draft. The Bills didn’t lose to the Chiefs because of their RBs, they lost to them because they couldn’t get to MaHomes. Imo that really only leaves 4 positions to address in the 1st rd and that is WR, TE, CB and the DL. Although I, as in many, would love to see the Bills add Florida’s TE Kyle Pitts it just doesn’t seem reasonable nor feasible. As far as WR goes it’s obvious that we’re ok there for at least a year or 2. So I guess it should either be the secondary or the DL. Re-signing Wallace and the play of Dane Jackson last year may be enough to let the Bills just to focus solely on the DL. 

If that turns out to be the case what would you like to see happen? Do the Bills look towards the future without Star or does Horrible Harry fill that spot? Or is it a edge rusher of some sort, either DE or pass rushing OLB that will be addressed? It’s seems to me to be the latter but picking at #30 makes it pretty difficult to find a worthy player. I’m thinking that now that Beane has filled a lot of depth at certain positions and facing a cash strapped salary cap season that maybe, just maybe Beane goes for quality rather than quantity and uses a combination of player(s) and draft pick(s) to move up into the mid teens to low 20’s to be able to be in position to get such a player. No matter what I believe Beane is gonna have to make yet another bold move in this year’s draft to get the Bills back into some title games this season imo.

Not really. Beane likely will find multiple players hat contribute.  We have the best front office in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

Just one of the many problems great teams face. 

Beane can go BPA because this roster doesn’t have any glaring holes. No other GM in the division has that luxury right now. The Jets and Phins also don’t have the luxury of taking high ceiling developmental prospects of they want to improve this season. This Bills roster can do just that since we’re in a position to draft for the future at most positions. 

plus.... Allen. We have the best QB in the AFCE, and arguably the second best QB in the entire AFC.... Even if opponents hit on a QB in the draft it will take several years for them to compete at the QB position in this division with McD, Darth Hoodie, Saleh, and Flores scheming defenses.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Not sure if this was posted anywhere yet.  

Just watched last nights buffalo fanatics.  Joe Marino was a guest.  Rico pushed him into giving his current prediction on who the Bile take. He predicted Elijah Moore and I got really happy lol. Trying to add game breaking play makers is ok in my eyes!

Marino also said that it’s way too early to predict and may change his answer come the day prior to the draft.  

Speed.  Give. Me. Speed.  

I just hope we can coach him up and play him on the outside if we take him.  It may take some time, but let him practice 

Man I hope this is true!!

We have to get Elijah in a Bills uniform.

I'd also love Najee Harris but he won't be there at 30. I won't complain about ETN either!

My wish list is 1 of these 3 in round 1.

1. Elijah Moore

2. Najee Harris

3. ETN

The rest of the AFC East doesn't have a superstar at QB so I could careless about the rest of the AFC East and their draft picks.

On 4/4/2021 at 1:52 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

I don’t agree with the premise that their first round pick must be an immediate starter.  I like the long view and if they think a player will be a long-term contributor even if they are a backup this year, it is OK.

No way. This might have made sense 5 years ago, but this team is ready to win NOW. Go get an impact player and take the next step. Good grief...

I am 100% the other way - I think Beane has done a great job through FA to get the team ready and anything that happens in the draft is gravy for the upcoming years.  I do not expect the draft to have a huge impact on the 2021 Bills. 

Conversely - the Dolphins, Pats, and especially the Jets have huge holes that they still need to fill and so they have a ton of pressure because they need these picks to improve the team or they are falling further behind.

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

On the contrary. The pressure is on the other three teams in the AFC East to nail their picks. The Bills are now the hunted. Come get some...

Not to sound to much like a coach/gm, but the pressure is on all the teams in the East, lower teams have great draft assets and NE picked up a lot of players in FA. The Bills need to stay ahead, and that's not just by being the same as last year, but better. It's a new season, not going to be easy.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.