Who’s the ONE guy you want the Bills to draft no matter what!!?

McBean

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

The Gronkowski and Watt families would like a word with you about turning your nose down at one brother just because their sibling wasn't good. I note that none of your criticism has to do with the actual player, just opinions about familial ties and what you think of the program he played for.

The program in particular.  

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s very good vs the run. He could add 10-15 pounds (he’s only a RS Soph), but if Jerry Hughes can play in this defense then so can he. He doesn’t need to be a day starter, he will have time to develop in the S&C program 

I would love to believe that there is a viable future good starting DE available at 30.  If Ojulari can play there, rush the passer and not be an easy target in the run game it would be nice.  Likewise, if there is maybe another DE available around 30 that could fill that bill, great.  

This year, more so than any year that I can remember over 35 years of really following the draft, there are widely varying opinions on many players.

I do think a very good RT or interior OL prospect will be available at 30.  Do they pull the trigger in spite of re-signing Williams and Feliciano?  Allen IS their most important asset...

I do think that a very good WR prospect will be there as well - Toney? Marshall?

I am not as sold on the RBs...

Could be a good CB prospect there.

Prospects being equal, DE for me, but I don’t think the prospects will be equal...

9 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think it is stretching things quite a bit to say that McKenzie is starting caliber.  I *hope* that Hodgkins can be a contributor, but he was a late pick for a reason.  His redshirt year last year didn't make him faster or more sudden (the reasons he was drafted late).  Other two listed are camp bodies with possibility to make the team, but not guys who should deter a team from drafting a WR.

Where would Ojulari play?  I like that he can rush the passer, but are you going to play him at LB in the Bills' D or can he hold up at DE being 240lbs?

Ojulari has the potential to bulk up some but he would have to be a LB to start. His pass rushing ability would make him an asset to the defense. 

On 4/4/2021 at 8:23 AM, McBean said:

Look back at my post history and you can find mine!

ELIJAH MOORE WR OLE MISS 

I hope he’s there for us at #30 and Beane wastes no time sending the card in.

Where do I even begin with this kid? I watched every Ole Miss game and he’s the definition of ELECTRIC!

Lane Kiffin has coached at every level and been around some of the best athletes we’ve ever seen. He said that ELIJAH MOORE was the most talented he’s ever coached! Kiffin has been the OC at USC with Reggie Bush, HC of the Raiders, HC at USC, OC at BAMA UNDER SABAN...and he said that MOORE was the best!

Imagining Moore in the slot with Beasley and Diggs makes it a matchup nightmare. We would be the Chiefs on offense if not better.  

Let’s bring Elijah Moore to Buffalo and have our very own version of Tyreek Hill 2.0! 

Who’s your favorite prospect?

Not sure if this was posted anywhere yet.  

Just watched last nights buffalo fanatics.  Joe Marino was a guest.  Rico pushed him into giving his current prediction on who the Bile take. He predicted Elijah Moore and I got really happy lol. Trying to add game breaking play makers is ok in my eyes!

Marino also said that it’s way too early to predict and may change his answer come the day prior to the draft.  

Speed.  Give. Me. Speed.  

I just hope we can coach him up and play him on the outside if we take him.  It may take some time, but let him practice 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Seeing the picks the rest of the AFC East has compared to Buffalo it’s going to be interesting to see just what Beane has up his sleeve. The Jets and Dolphins each have two 1st rd picks and the Patriots pick at #15, the earliest that they have picked since 2008 when they drafted Mayo at #10. 

I like how Beane fortified the OL and how he also added to the LB position. I don’t expect either position to be addressed in the 1st rd. While some have hopes of the Bills to grab one of the top 2 RBs, Harris and Etienne, it would be a mild surprise to me if either name is called on Day 1 of the draft. The Bills didn’t lose to the Chiefs because of their RBs, they lost to them because they couldn’t get to MaHomes. Imo that really only leaves 4 positions to address in the 1st rd and that is WR, TE, CB and the DL. Although I, as in many, would love to see the Bills add Florida’s TE Kyle Pitts it just doesn’t seem reasonable nor feasible. As far as WR goes it’s obvious that we’re ok there for at least a year or 2. So I guess it should either be the secondary or the DL. Re-signing Wallace and the play of Dane Jackson last year may be enough to let the Bills just to focus solely on the DL. 

If that turns out to be the case what would you like to see happen? Do the Bills look towards the future without Star or does Horrible Harry fill that spot? Or is it a edge rusher of some sort, either DE or pass rushing OLB that will be addressed? It’s seems to me to be the latter but picking at #30 makes it pretty difficult to find a worthy player. I’m thinking that now that Beane has filled a lot of depth at certain positions and facing a cash strapped salary cap season that maybe, just maybe Beane goes for quality rather than quantity and uses a combination of player(s) and draft pick(s) to move up into the mid teens to low 20’s to be able to be in position to get such a player. No matter what I believe Beane is gonna have to make yet another bold move in this year’s draft to get the Bills back into some title games this season imo.

Edited by Tipster19
  • Like (+1) 2

Before I get worried about the other teams in the AFC drafts. They need to show they know what they are doing.

Brandon Beane has shown he is a sure fire wizard at times. 

Sam Darnold, Tua, Cam Newton...nuf said!

The Jets let go some of their better players to get some of all those draft picks...

Also, they were a 2-14 team last season. QB Zach Wilson has some warts... very similar to what we heard about Josh Rosen. If the Jets fail to build a solid offense around that rookie QB he will fail just like Darnold! 

The Patriots have been drafting poorly over the last few years. The choice of Newton to run their offense, really? The only real worry is if they manage to trade up to the 4-5 spot to get one of the top 5 QBs...even then? Their defense should be in the top 5 again, good run defense, good pass defense. Its the offense that is a concern. 

Miami has a boatload of draft picks and yet they need to prove they know what they are doing in the draft too. Probably should have stayed at #3 and drafted a QB. 

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

The pressure is on everyone else to catch the Bills.

This is spot on.  Every other team in the AFC East has a huge question at QB the Bills have an elite top 5 QB in Allen.

The Bills have an elite top 5 play making WR in Diggs. Does any other team in the East have an elite top 5 offensive play maker?

The Bills have a proven top 5 GM & Head Coach.  Only NE matches the Bills at HC.

• Like (+1) 1

Yay another opinion piece summarizing the same ole same ole. Brandon Beane has more pressure deciding what to have for lunch than he does from the other east teams. Who cares how many draft picks anyone has? Every year you see teams blowing picks cause they can’t develop their talent. 

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Seeing the picks the rest of the AFC East has compared to Buffalo it’s going to be interesting to see just what Beane has up his sleeve. The Jets and Dolphins each have two 1st rd picks and the Patriots pick at #15, the earliest that they have picked since 2008 when they drafted Mayo at #10. 

I like how Beane fortified the OL and how he also added to the LB position. I don’t expect either position to be addressed in the 1st rd. While some have hopes of the Bills to grab one of the top 2 RBs, Harris and Etienne, it would be a mild surprise to me if either name is called on Day 1 of the draft. The Bills didn’t lose to the Chiefs because of their RBs, they lost to them because they couldn’t get to MaHomes. Imo that really only leaves 4 positions to address in the 1st rd and that is WR, TE, CB and the DL. Although I, as in many, would love to see the Bills add Florida’s TE Kyle Pitts it just doesn’t seem reasonable nor feasible. As far as WR goes it’s obvious that we’re ok there for at least a year or 2. So I guess it should either be the secondary or the DL. Re-signing Wallace and the play of Dane Jackson last year may be enough to let the Bills just to focus solely on the DL. 

If that turns out to be the case what would you like to see happen? Do the Bills look towards the future without Star or does Horrible Harry fill that spot? Or is it a edge rusher of some sort, either DE or pass rushing OLB that will be addressed? It’s seems to me to be the latter but picking at #30 makes it pretty difficult to find a worthy player. I’m thinking that now that Beane has filled a lot of depth at certain positions and facing a cash strapped salary cap season that maybe, just maybe Beane goes for quality rather than quantity and uses a combination of player(s) and draft pick(s) to move up into the mid teens to low 20’s to be able to be in position to get such a player. No matter what I believe Beane is gonna have to make yet another bold move in this year’s draft to get the Bills back into some title games this season imo.

Tipster, this is the price you pay for 15-4.  The Pats dealt with this for two decades.

32 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I’d really like Beane to go all in and move up to 4 to take Kyle Pitts. But I’m also crazy

I love Kyle Pitts but this GIF goes with your name and this take

giphy.gif

Edited by DJB

40 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

we never thought the pressure was on the pats cause we were picking high. We are the better team and they have to out due him just to close the gap yet alone talk about passing him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.