Who’s the ONE guy you want the Bills to draft no matter what!!?

McBean

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

❤️JOK

🤮 rondale

❤️Gainwell 

For Rondale Moore they just have to make sure the medicals check out. The nice thing about adding him to our offense is he wouldn't have to be a focal point in year one. We could give him manufactured touches on limited snaps just to give our offense an explosive element it didn't have last year, without exposing him to a ton of contact. The risk is worth it.

Just now, HappyDays said:

For Rondale Moore they just have to make sure the medicals check out. The nice thing about adding him to our offense is he wouldn't have to be a focal point in year one. We could give him manufactured touches on limited snaps just to give our offense an explosive element it didn't have last year, without exposing him to a ton of contact. The risk is worth it.

5’7 WR that couldn’t stay healthy playing vs college kids.  He’s a hard pass unless we’re talking about rd 3 or later.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Look back at my post history and you can find mine!

ELIJAH MOORE WR OLE MISS 

I hope he’s there for us at #30 and Beane wastes no time sending the card in.

Where do I even begin with this kid? I watched every Ole Miss game and he’s the definition of ELECTRIC!

Lane Kiffin has coached at every level and been around some of the best athletes we’ve ever seen. He said that ELIJAH MOORE was the most talented he’s ever coached! Kiffin has been the OC at USC with Reggie Bush, HC of the Raiders, HC at USC, OC at BAMA UNDER SABAN...and he said that MOORE was the best!

Imagining Moore in the slot with Beasley and Diggs makes it a matchup nightmare. We would be the Chiefs on offense if not better.  

Let’s bring Elijah Moore to Buffalo and have our very own version of Tyreek Hill 2.0! 

Who’s your favorite prospect?

BEASLEY will be in the slot. Ridiculous to draft a WR at 30 with the depth they have. Who sits? Sanders? Davis? McKenzie? Any player drafted at 30 must be an immediate contributor. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Georgie said:

BEASLEY will be in the slot. Ridiculous to draft a WR at 30 with the depth they have. Who sits? Sanders? Davis? McKenzie? Any player drafted at 30 must be an immediate contributor. 

I wouldn't assume McKenzie is a lock to make the team. If we don't draft any WRs then he is probably safe, but we signed him to practically a minimum contract. If a WR is the BPA you still draft him. There were times last year when Andre Roberts was taking offensive snaps... We run a bunch of 4 and 5 WR sets. Sanders is only here for one year and Beasley could be cut after this season to save $6 million on the cap in 2022. For a pass heavy team with very few major needs and picking at the end of round 1 drafting another WR makes a ton of sense if that is how their draft board falls.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I was banging the table for Antonio Gibson last year. He was my ONE guy.  I have quite a few this year, but if I had to pick one, I’d go with his old teammate at Memphis, Kenneth Gainwell.  

There are better RBs, but we would have to spend higher picks to draft them.  I think he’s a perfect compliment to Moss.  He might be the best pass catching back in the draft.  Runs great routes, can be used on jet sweeps, in the slot or even split out wide.  He ha unusual burst and acceleration that makes him a threat to take any touch to the house.  For a 195lb back, he runs with good power.  His biggest drawback is his size, which imo, would make him an ideal back in a committee....which seems to be McD’s preferred usage in the backfield.  

If he’s there at the end of rd 3 (yup, another 3rd rd Rb) I hope he’s the pick.  

D’Wayne Eskeridge and Tyler Shelvin would be my next two guys.  

Gainwell catches the ball with ease all over the field..........doesn't matter if it's a short throw or a deep ball.........that's a rare trait for a RB and a Bills fan will see a little Thurman Thomas in that.

He also had a tremendous pro day which supports what you described.

I don't value RB's a lot but if they hadn't already used two #3's on RB's I'd like Gainwell quite a bit in round 3.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I wouldn't assume McKenzie is a lock to make the team. If we don't draft any WRs than he is probably safe, but we signed him to practically a minimum contract. If a WR is the BPA you still draft him. There were times last year when Andre Roberts was taking offensive snaps... We run a bunch of 4 and 5 WR sets. Sanders is only here for one year and Beasley could be cut after this season to save $6 million on the cap in 2022. For a pass heavy team with very few major needs and picking at the end of round 1 drafting another WR makes a ton of sense if that is how their draft board falls.

There is a boatload of vet FA WRs next year so I would not be worried about Sanders position next year.

As for Beasley the only way he will be let go is if his play significantly drops off.

With Josh Allen as QB there will always be WRs wanting to come to Buffalo.  

Beane last year used a 1st, 4th, 5th, 2-6th in 2020 and a 2021 4th on WRs.

I don't see another WR taken this year until the 5th unless one of "their guys" drop in the 3rd.

• Disagree 1

34 minutes ago, Georgie said:

Nah.  Moore would play.  He’d play quite a bit.

if we draft a CB @ 30c is he going to be starting over Levi/Dane all season?  I doubt it. If we draft a pass rusher....whoever we draft will be backing up, just like our 1st pick next season. If we draft a LB, they’ll be backing up Edmunds and Milano.  If we draft an OT or C they’ll be a backup.  Same with safety.  Even TE, I bet knox would start over Freiermuth.  

We have a very good team and Beane has constructed it in free agency so we can draft the BPA because we have quality starters currently slotted only our “areas of need”.  We aren’t selecting in the top 10 where there are true stars that will step

in and start immediately.  We’ll likely be drafting a player with a 2nd rd grade if we are looking to draft for need. We might land a 1st rd graded player if we take BPA and not worry about how Much they’ll play to start the season. 

if we drafted Moore.....he’d be playing.  Trust that.  He wouldn’t sit.

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Josh Imatorbhebhe WR Illinois 

I think this guy would be a great get in the later rounds. He is a freak of an athlete and would love to see him in a Bills uni 

I wouldn't be shocked if he went in round 7 or undrafted..........this draft is just so deep at WR..........there are some big, athletic freaks like him and Simi Fehoko and Jacob Harris etc.. that are projected to go late that would have been pushed WAY up boards in some of those weak WR drafts prior to 2018.    I expect the Bills to take one of these guys late and try to turn them into a special teams stud while they develop them.   You know JI is going to get a shot as a kick blocker with those crazy hops and if he can be a gunner he might get a long chance to develop as a WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I wouldn't be shocked if he went in round 7 or undrafted..........this draft is just so deep at WR..........there are some big, athletic freaks like him and Simi Fehoko and Jacob Harris etc.. that are projected to go late that would have been pushed WAY up boards in some of those weak WR drafts prior to 2018.    I expect the Bills to take one of these guys late and try to turn them into a special teams stud while they develop them.   You know JI is going to get a shot as a kick blocker with those crazy hops and if he can be a gunner he might get a long chance to develop as a WR. 

It’s deep but it’s not THAT deep. He’s one of the freakiest athletes in the history of the draft, has some decent film And was an elite HS recruit. I think he’ll be gone before the 5th rd. 

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

There is a boatload of vet FA WRs next year so I would not be worried about Sanders position next year.

As for Beasley the only way he will be let go is if his play significantly drops off.

With Josh Allen as QB there will always be WRs wanting to come to Buffalo.  

Beane last year used a 1st, 4th, 5th, 2-6th in 2020 and a 2021 4th on WRs.

I don't see another WR taken this year until the 5th unless one of "their guys" drop in the 3rd.

I disagree for a few reasons:  

WR has high positional value and we currently have 2 experienced WRs under contract for next season.  

We are a pass first offense and will continue to be just that for the next decade+.  Diggs is about to be paid 20m a year. We need cheap compliments to him.  A 2nd or 3rd rd Wr is exactly that.  

There may be a boatload of free agent WRs next year, but they won’t be cheap just because of our offense.  Sanders at 34, is making 6M.  The draft picks will cost 1M per year for 4 years. WR is a position that we should have “our guys”, not just whichever FAs wil sign here for cheap.

We lack speed at WR-  there are several burners in this class.  We need one.  

We run 4-5 WR sets more than every team

in the league not named Arizona.  Injuries happen.  We need good depth at the position. 6 GOOD WRs minimum.  

Hodgins isn’t good.....yet.  We have no clue what he is and shouldn’t count on him. He needs to compete for a spot and the ideal position for him, imo, is the PS.  

we should continue to draft WRs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Nah.  Moore would play.  He’d play quite a bit.

if we draft a CB @ 30c is he going to be starting over Levi/Dane all season?  I doubt it. If we draft a pass rusher....whoever we draft will be backing up, just like our 1st pick next season. If we draft a LB, they’ll be backing up Edmunds and Milano.  If we draft an OT or C they’ll be a backup.  Same with safety.  Even TE, I bet knox would start over Freiermuth.  

We have a very good team and Beane has constructed it in free agency so we can draft the BPA because we have quality starters currently slotted only our “areas of need”.  We aren’t selecting in the top 10 where there are true stars that will step

in and start immediately.  We’ll likely be drafting a player with a 2nd rd grade if we are looking to draft for need. We might land a 1st rd graded player if we take BPA and not worry about how Much they’ll play to start the season. 

if we drafted Moore.....he’d be playing.  Trust that.  He wouldn’t sit.

Obviously a lot still to play out but I think a cb at 30 starts right away. Wallace is maybe barely sufficient and Jackson is an end of roster guy. You could make a pretty strong argument for Freirmuth to start too. AND a RB at 30 would absolutely be our starter...

I can see an argument for Moore, or another 4th wr playing a lot only because RB and TE are arguably our worst two positions, but generally speaking, 4 wr packages aren’t overly common as any sort of “base” in the nfl, so they’d still be a sub-package guy and or injury backup. If you assume he plays maybe half the snaps, I’m not sure his contribution, relative to what a later wr or Hodgins would give you, is worth that high of a draft pick, compared to what you could get at cb, TE or RB. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I disagree for a few reasons:  

WR has high positional value and we currently have 2 experienced WRs under contract for next season.  

We are a pass first offense and will continue to be just that for the next decade+.  Diggs is about to be paid 20m a year. We need cheap compliments to him.  A 2nd or 3rd rd Wr is exactly that.  

There may be a boatload of free agent WRs next year, but they won’t be cheap just because of our offense.  Sanders at 34, is making 6M.  The draft picks will cost 1M per year for 4 years. WR is a position that we should have “our guys”, not just whichever FAs wil sign here for cheap.

We lack speed at WR-  there are several burners in this class.  We need one.  

We run 4-5 WR sets more than every team

in the league not named Arizona.  Injuries happen.  We need good depth at the position. 6 GOOD WRs minimum.  

Hodgins isn’t good.....yet.  We have no clue what he is and shouldn’t count on him. He needs to compete for a spot and the ideal position for him, imo, is the PS.  

we should continue to draft WRs

I agree that we should keep drafting wrs, but I also think wr is a spot where you can manufacture some amount of production. If we’re not needing stars — and by the looks of it, Diggs and davis should have us fairly set for the time being, I don’t think those picks need to be premium picks. 

I would also caution using our 4 and 5 wide sets as the basis for your thesis when our RBs and TEs both suck, what else are you going to do? That felt like Daboll leaning into our relative strength, rather than any innovative new approach to long term winning football. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I was banging the table for Antonio Gibson last year. He was my ONE guy.  I have quite a few this year, but if I had to pick one, I’d go with his old teammate at Memphis, Kenneth Gainwell.  

There are better RBs, but we would have to spend higher picks to draft them.  I think he’s a perfect compliment to Moss.  He might be the best pass catching back in the draft.  Runs great routes, can be used on jet sweeps, in the slot or even split out wide.  He ha unusual burst and acceleration that makes him a threat to take any touch to the house.  For a 195lb back, he runs with good power.  His biggest drawback is his size, which imo, would make him an ideal back in a committee....which seems to be McD’s preferred usage in the backfield.  

If he’s there at the end of rd 3 (yup, another 3rd rd Rb) I hope he’s the pick.  

D’Wayne Eskeridge and Tyler Shelvin would be my next two guys.  

This is my guy as feel he's the good John Brown/Isiah McKenzie combo we could use long term. Yet be probably won't last to Round 3 which be earliest I'd consider a WR. As think we need help at CB and DE more. I could also see getting an Olineman on day 2 over WR and like a TE and RB too. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

Good question!  This year is really tough for me, given their draft position and the drop off in talent after about 20. 

In the simulator, I always took CB Newsome if he was there.  He has moved up the rankings to where he's gone by pick 30 now (by the way, kudos to @GunnerBill as he was high on Newsome from the get-go). 

The Bills have a lot of areas where a stud pick could help.  I'd be okay with Harris, a WR who falls (Bateman?), an Edge, and a CB.  Then there's someone like JOK, who I voted for in the TSW mock.  The best move might even be to move back and pick up another pick in the first 3 rounds.  

That said, I would really like to see the Bills pick either Dickerson or Meinherz as a the heir to Morse.  Too many desires and not enough picks...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.