Teven Jenkins - This is the Most Violent Man in College Football 🏈

wppete

I was looking at Gil Brandt's 100 best prospects the other day, and was struck by how many O-Line guys were around the #30 pick.

I think we are going to have to hope a couple of guys slide, and I'm not too optimistic about that, as he's got pretty much all the usual suspects at QB comfortably in that top 30.

It may be that our best use of the pick, will be to trade down, for an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder this year, as our 'needs' will be better aligned with value then.

The one caveat to that, is quite possibly if there's a RB we want still available, as I think other positions we would be considering, e.g. DE, LB, CB, aren't really going to be the value at the pick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

They didn’t just pay Daryl Williams what they paid him to draft his replacement. 

They could move on from Daryl Williams in two years if they like given his contract..

In the meantime this guy can be competing with ( and beating out )Feliciano or Ford for at G...

Anyway...a likely moot point because he will prob be gone by 30..

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, wppete said:

Really awesome video and break down on Oklahoma State OT Teven Jenkins. I’m really starting to warm up To the idea of drafting him at #30 and letting the best man win between him and Daryl Williams. This guy is beyond impressive and fits the way we want an OL to play. A monster with a nasty attitude and unbelievable technique. What you guys think? 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/teven-jenkins/32004a45-4e43-1338-2486-cd0aff9cba87

Watched this last night...

Very impressive...

Doubt very much he gets to 30...But if he does...It's a hell ya...

If not I just hope he stays out of the AFC...B-)

• Agree 1

What we need, and we need it badly is for Cody Ford to step up and join Feliciano in being a bad-ass lineman but we need Ford to also be a technically better lineman than Feliciano. We really need Ford to take a huge step forward. 

Then acquire Zach Ertz.

Then draft a WR with deep speed (or Toney or if not a RB) with our top pick.

And then our offense should really be prolific.

Go CB, DT with second and third.

Still no answer for pass rush but we'd have everything else....

This is about the one thousandth example of why the draft should be held BEFORE free agency. If the draft was held first and Jenkins was available, sure, make the pick.  But you've re-signed Williams (which I thought was an absolute great move by the way) and Feliciano.  It's possible we go OL in Round One but doubtful.  From what we have done in free agency, if one of the "Big Four" cornerbacks are there at #30, that's the pick.  I'm not a big fan of CB's in round one but that's what our moves in free agency are pointing to.

• Like (+1) 1

He seems like a good prospect, but I believe more GM’s than not match need with BPA.  Also, smart GM’s make something you do well better, meaning we have a strong offense, so why not make it better.  

RB or TE makes us better as long as it’s a speed RB.  If we go defense the obvious need is edge rusher.  I know CB is important, but Dane and Wallace or decent.  I’m guessing if Jaelan Phillips is there or Ettiene, one of those two may be our picks.  One might fall to us as I’ll bet at least five QB’s will go round one and LT’s will go on a run.  Then there’s Pitts, a couple of top WR’s and Harris.  There is a chance we get one of the two.  Both would be adds.

one interesting topic is on WGR now about maybe a trade for singletary.  With Braeda here for speed and Miss, if it looks like we could get Ettiene, there are teams who might want Singletary to move up a slot or two to get him.  He did have a good rookie year, and several teams without a RB.

it’s all speculation at this point.  Happy Dimgud Day guys.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

(Re)Building or bettering the o-line does get us better. The lack of a run game hurt us last year. 

We are set at tackle; just gave big contracts to Williams and Dawkins.  I’m not sure how anyone thinks adding an OT advances the cause at all.  We need offensive and defensive playmakers to close the gap with KC.  I have to believe the pick at 30 will be WR, CB, edge rushers Paye or Phillips if they fall or Etienne.

Even if he's there at 30, I'm not sure Bills go that way, unless they think he has the versatility to play inside. If they go OL early I think it's gonna be a C/G prospect maybe in the second or third. 

The usual criteria the Bills want in their draft picks are experience, leadership, maturity, character, consistency, and versatility. Any players that fit those traits are likely high on their radar. Oh, and if they're a former wrestler then that helps too, haha. Wyatt Hubert, DE out of Kansas State would be one to watch in the mid-late rounds. I wanna say one of the top DBs has a wrestling background as well but I can't recall who.