Draft Sleepers 2021

Just looked into Ellerson Smith. He could be available between 3-5. Small school guy with great stats, shined at the senior bowl, plus has excellent combine numbers. The dude is nearly 6'7 and has 83" wingspan as well. 

"Northern Iowa Pro Day 2021: Elerson Smith, Spencer Brown showcase talent | PFN" https://www.profootballnetwork.com/northern-iowa-pro-day-2021-elerson-smith-spencer-brown-showcase-talent/

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

Just looked into Ellerson Smith. He could be available between 3-5. Small school guy with great stats, shined at the senior bowl, plus has excellent combine numbers. The dude is nearly 6'7 and has 83" wingspan as well. 

"Northern Iowa Pro Day 2021: Elerson Smith, Spencer Brown showcase talent | PFN" https://www.profootballnetwork.com/northern-iowa-pro-day-2021-elerson-smith-spencer-brown-showcase-talent/

LOVE the "take off the jersey" players like that... Put a guy with those in a 'Bama uniform and even as a backup he's a 2nd or 3rd round pick. A lot to like about Elerson Smith! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Victory Formation said:

Well, I hope you stick around after the draft my friend.

Thanks, I lurk and read almost every day. Just harder to be really tuned in to the day-to-day stuff on the other side of the country, so I'm generally less informed and opinionated than I am this time of year :)

• Like (+1) 1

Couple of late round/UDFA types on the defensive line that I like are Cal's Zeandae Johnson and Mississippi State's Kobe Jones. I've seen both of them give draftable OT prospects a tough time due to strength and technique but neither tested especially well. Johnson fits the Bills quite well as a guy with the ability to play base end but kick inside to 3-tech on passing downs.

Carson Green from Texas A&M is one of my favourite OT prospects this year, got a 4th round grade on him. Extremely tough and durable run blocker with enough athleticism to succeed. Tommy Doyle from Miami (OH) deserves a preseason shot, just off his tape against AJ Epenesa in 2019.

I'm also with @Solomon Grundy on Khalil Herbert. Got a 4th round grade on him as a change of pace zone back. Think he's got the pass game skills, pass pro skills and the return value to be a really good player.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Couple of late round/UDFA types on the defensive line that I like are Cal's Zeandae Johnson and Mississippi State's Kobe Jones. I've seen both of them give draftable OT prospects a tough time due to strength and technique but neither tested especially well. Johnson fits the Bills quite well as a guy with the ability to play base end but kick inside to 3-tech on passing downs.

Carson Green from Texas A&M is one of my favourite OT prospects this year, got a 4th round grade on him. Extremely tough and durable run blocker with enough athleticism to succeed. Tommy Doyle from Miami (OH) deserves a preseason shot, just off his tape against AJ Epenesa in 2019.

I'm also with @Solomon Grundy on Khalil Herbert. Got a 4th round grade on him as a change of pace zone back. Think he's got the pass game skills, pass pro skills and the return value to be a really good player.

Thanks Blokes!!

4 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Was a transfer to Georgia last year from Florida St. He got hurt before the season and barely played. his Florida St tape looks pretty good.

I've mentioned McKitty on this board before, definitely an interesting player who never played up to the potential that his athleticism and frame would suggest. I know he faced some injury issues over the years and have seen some speculate that those have caused him to be a lot more stiff than he should be...

Feels like a guy who's probably worth a 5 or a 6 to get into an NFL program to see if he can't overcome those issues and breakout, but not somebody I'd be investing a lot of draft capital in...

3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I've mentioned McKitty on this board before, definitely an interesting player who never played up to the potential that his athleticism and frame would suggest. I know he faced some injury issues over the years and have seen some speculate that those have caused him to be a lot more stiff than he should be...

Feels like a guy who's probably worth a 5 or a 6 to get into an NFL program to see if he can't overcome those issues and breakout, but not somebody I'd be investing a lot of draft capital in...

Agreed, a 5th or 6th round pick might be worth it. You could find a good contributor or someone who won't make the team. Practice squad for a year or two is likely his destiny.

Would fit nicely on the Lions, Bengals or Panthers.

Just now, frostbitmic said:

Agreed, a 5th or 6th round pick might be worth it. You could find a good contributor or someone who won't make the team. Practice squad for a year or two is likely his destiny.

Would fit nicely on the Lions, Bengals or Panthers.

Yep. I actually really love what the WFT just did signing Sammis Reyes. Better athlete, same need to develop over a couple years... They basically just purchased a high-ceiling 5th round pick.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:51 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

I need somebody to tell me why Khalil Herbert isn’t getting any buzz. @BuffaloHokie13, what’s the deal? @DCOrange, @GunnerBill, @Buffalo716

Not seeing anything terribly special in those clips.  Looks like a 5-7th round special teams ace/backup RB who could produce in the right system (Green Bay comes to mind).

On 4/14/2021 at 5:51 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

I need somebody to tell me why Khalil Herbert isn’t getting any buzz. @BuffaloHokie13, what’s the deal? @DCOrange, @GunnerBill, @Buffalo716

Here's the thing about the RB class... It's pretty bad. No, it's just flat-out bad. VERY few of these guys outside of the top 3 are going to amount to much of anything in the pros. Herbert has some decent tape, but also lost out on a starting job to Pooka Williams who's one of many uninspiring RBs in this class... If you can't beat out a classmate who's pretty "meh", what are you?

I do think Herbert's tape has a little interest to it, but the fact is, we're just as likely to get somebody with nearly as much potential as a UDFA as we are drafting Herbert in the 5th. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

Yep. I actually really love what the WFT just did signing Sammis Reyes. Better athlete, same need to develop over a couple years... They basically just purchased a high-ceiling 5th round pick.

Reyes would be eligible in the international program, wouldn't he ?

If so that's a solid signing by the WTF.

28 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Reyes would be eligible in the international program, wouldn't he ?

If so that's a solid signing by the WTF.

I have no idea, but you'd think so? Would allow them to keep him on the active roster (protect him from poaching) for a year at least...

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not seeing anything terribly special in those clips.  Looks like a 5-7th round special teams ace/backup RB who could produce in the right system (Green Bay comes to mind).

He definitely shows the burst/speed that Motor/Moss doesn't. Reminiscent of Breida