Could Cody Ford be the key to the offense improving this year?

DCofNC

I for one don’t believe returning the same team that got smoked by a team that got better is the key to winning a SB.  Then, I got thinking, Ford will be back, this is a big bad mofo, who is known for road grading.  Does his experiment at RT being over, allow him to move inside and do what he does best?  Just straight up maul people and open holes for the running game.  Could he be the key to the run game getting on track and adding the dimension the O really needed last year? 

The passing game SHOULD be better, Sanders is at least a reasonable replacement for Brown, even if only from an availability standpoint.  One would hope the TE does more this year.   I expect a little more from Davis this year, Hodgins had a good camp and obviously, getting healthy for everyone would help.  I’m looking for some additions in the draft as well.  Also, Josh should take a few steps forward, so one would expect the passing game to be better. 

If the run game can come on, this team could be a LOT to handle.  I’m hoping Ford might actually be that missing link.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Did KC really get better? I know they lost some OL and they were declining and it was smart moves by them, but they still haven't replaced them.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Joe Thuney, Kyle Long, Mike Remmers and they signed the Rams starting center for past three seasons.   I’d say they did just fine in free agency filling in holes on the OL 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Joe Thuney, Kyle Long, Mike Remmers and they signed the Rams starting center for past three seasons.   I’d say they did just fine in free agency filling in holes on the OL 

They still need a LT but I’d expect them to address that with the 31st pick. 

Replacing Breeland is also important.  I think they go LT and CB with their first 2 picks but wouldn’t be surprised to see cb in rd 3 and WR in rd 2.  Adding a guy like Freiermuth at 31 and LT in rd 2 could be an interesting option.  Running 2 TE sets could be scary with that O

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I for one don’t believe returning the same team that got smoked by a team that got better is the key to winning a SB.  Then, I got thinking, Ford will be back, this is a big bad mofo, who is known for road grading.  Does his experiment at RT being over, allow him to move inside and do what he does best?  Just straight up maul people and open holes for the running game.  Could he be the key to the run game getting on track and adding the dimension the O really needed last year? 

The passing game SHOULD be better, Sanders is at least a reasonable replacement for Brown, even if only from an availability standpoint.  One would hope the TE does more this year.   I expect a little more from Davis this year, Hodgins had a good camp and obviously, getting healthy for everyone would help.  I’m looking for some additions in the draft as well.  Also, Josh should take a few steps forward, so one would expect the passing game to be better. 

If the run game can come on, this team could be a LOT to handle.  I’m hoping Ford might actually be that missing link.

I think it's the offseason and we are getting carried away with the singularly decisive declarations.

Could an improved Cody Ford help?   Sure.  

But he's not going to be "the key".........just like 12 personnel is not the key to "unlocking" the running game and so forth.......the running game wasn't totally locked up there is just room for improvement.

They have the capacity to improve in a number of areas and some of it could be new players,   returning vets improving(like Ford or Dawson Knox).......or scheme adaptations etc..

It's not likely to be one player anymore than that was the case in their ascension last season.     Last year the OL improved.......the scheme changed.......Diggs and Davis were added........all in addition to Josh Allen making one of the greatest QB improvements ever.

A lot can be improved.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

All of that, plus Reed on the inside of the DL.. that’s pretty damn good for the best team in football all year long.  The pirates stole the game because they were playing a horrible OL and had Brady..  Kc is still the team to beat and arguably they are better than last year.

The answer is no, Ford will be just a part of the offense being better in the run and pass game...

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I remember a while back someone making an argument about Karlos Williams being key to the running game.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Coaching has played a huge role vs KC. Bills have played afraid vs KC. So that's one way to improve without adding anyone.

Josh Allen can be better vs KC also.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Coaching has played a huge role vs KC. Bills have played afraid vs KC. So that's one way to improve without adding anyone.

Josh Allen can be better vs KC also.

I am quite surprised this has not really come up yet.  All the comments are about how we need to get better personnel.  I feel we were good enough to win with who we had.  The coaches took a huge dump for the KC games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If he’s really good, our offense could take another step forward and become more well rounded.  That could happen without

him being really good. He’s got 2 years left on the team, that’s all I know

• Like (+1) 1