Rondale Moore.....trade down and snag this monster.

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He's only 5'9" but then you have the speed factor.

I like big, tall, physical guys who can catch any ball that is anywhere near their huge wingspan, despite being well covered.  

But we need a speed burner threat! 

Tyreek Hill is 5' 10" ....and called the 'Cheetah' for his speed.   He hurt us with his speed in the Championship game.   

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

Drafting a WR with our first pick is not how I'd want the draft to go. CB, edge rusher, or oline, pease. WR is one of our strongest positions.

Sanders and Mckenzie are on 1 year deals. Cole is getting up there in age and if he starts to show it this season could be a cut candidate next year.

We are in good shape for this season and don't need to go out of our way to grab a WR. But if the value is their we shouldn't hesitate to take one. It could end up being a major need a year from now. 

Edited by Process
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If that first pic is not a defense of player after how bad our defense was last year I am going to eat my hat

Hmm. I don't think our defense was actually bad. It struggled early on and then got way better later on.

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If that first pic is not a defense of player after how bad our defense was last year I am going to eat my hat

Although I agree and suspect CB is probably the pick, I would keep some extra spices and sauces in your home just to be safe.

15 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Why does it matter where the speed comes from? Just get a playmaker who makes things hard for opposing defenses.

A WR isn’t a wasted pick when 2 of your top 4 WRs are in their 30’s. Sanders is only here for 1 year and Beasley isn’t getting any younger.

Other than Benjamin Button, nobody gets younger.

Unless we plan on scheming the ball to him, I don't think we should be drafting a guy in the 2nd round to be a decoy. 

Big pass. I like about 10 more WR's in the class than him. 

44 minutes ago, Georgie said:

Easier said than done. How will you know for certain " the time is right"?

If he’s the highest ranked player on their board when it’s their turn to pick, I assume  (and, if they haven’t already picked a WR earlier)

16 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Dude ran a 4.29, jumped 42.5, squats 600...I just did a mock, which was probably stacked before his pro day, and traded down to #52 to get him; picked up a 2022 2nd round pick in the process.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOPrnt8mIvU

Why trade down - just pick him later if he’s there

11 hours ago, Georgie said:

These "trade down" scenarios are iffy. How far down do you trade? How can you know for sure he will be there? You can't predict what other teams will do.

You don’t trade down to get player X. You trade up to get player X. 

Trading down is because there is no player you must have, so the added value in later picks is worth more to you than the players available.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, MJS said:

Hmm. I don't think our defense was actually bad. It struggled early on and then got way better later on.

We finished 14th out of 32.  We were just used to top 5 defenses in the past, but then again our offense was horrible for years.

We need defensive line talent, maybe a CB although I have high hopes for DJ, RB maybe, and TE.

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Pass rush was not there pretty much all year

Let me rephrase that.....we are used to seeing DOMINANT defense annually twice in the past 16 seasons  from this team......we did not see that last year.

Edited for accuracy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1