Rondale Moore.....trade down and snag this monster.

CBS has him ranked as the 20th overall player, so we would have to take him with our first pick, if he fell to us...that being said, I would still take him at 30...he is that much of a game changer!!!

He is the type of player we couldn’t stop when we played the Chiefs...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

If they feel he is Tyrick Hill.  Idk. Toney at Fl could be, Atwell at Lousiville.  There is like 4 to 5 of the same guy.  Whos the best athlete, whos the best wr.  

Edited by Mat68

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

If they feel he is Tyrick Hill.  Idk. Toney at Fl could be, Atwell at Lousiville.  There is like 4 to 5 of the same guy.  Whos the best athlete, whos the best wr.  

Moore is the best athlete. Probably the better football player of the 3 as well but the injury history is troubling and I think that generally pushes Toney ahead of him on draft boards. 

46 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

CBS has him ranked as the 20th overall player, so we would have to take him with our first pick, if he fell to us...that being said, I would still take him at 30...he is that much of a game changer!!!

I dunno........they couldn't stop Mecole Hardman either and Anthony Schwartz might be a better comp for him than Moore is to Tyreek Hill.

I don't think that means they should reach for Schwartz.

I really don't think Moore is going to be a Tyreek Hill........there are so many more instances of undersized, fast, shifty players who fail badly than succeed........let alone become generational talents like Hill. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Yup. Austin has had a bad career despite hanging around for a long time. There was so much buzz about him too the year he came out.

And he was legit fast.  The little guys make me nervous.  Cannot see Beane taking a sub-6’ receiver in Round 1, unless that prospect just dominated top competition and even then.  That wouldn’t fit with Beane’s “hit it down the fairway” approach and frankly it would be a bad pick.  No one is going to feel sorry for the GM who wasted a high pick on a smurf wide receiver.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2021 at 3:55 PM, YoloinOhio said:

David Blough slander! He was the 2nd best qb in the B1G the last time Moore played an actual season.

Yes and Moore made him look that good 

On 4/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, Mr. WEO said:

literally no QB.  Ok lol.  It's not a QB's job to go fish his pint sized WR out of the whirlpool every week for 2 years.

This guy wasn't even the best WR on his team when he did manage to play the last 2 seasons.  In 2019, David Bell got over 1000 with "no QB".  In only 6 games last year, he had 625 yards at 11.8 per.   

When you have to go back 3 years for a 3 year player's highlight film, you don't draft him before day 3.

Yawn talk to Ohio State who couldn’t cover him 

37 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This is not a slight to Rondale at all, who is a good player,but that was statistically the worst Ohio state defense in history. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

He’s small, soft and frail. You don’t want

him.  I wish you really were really Sal.  

6 hours ago, Mat68 said:

None of them are Tyreek hill.  Promise

51 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

There have been several WRs that OSU couldn’t cover that haven’t done **** in the league or even made the league.  It means nothing 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

lol--let me dust off the VCR and pop in those tapes from 3 years ago!  

Minnesota (twice) and TCU had no problem with him.  Nebraska last year turned him into a dump off WR.

On 4/2/2021 at 5:09 PM, GLP said:

Looks like he is a Tyreek Hill 2.0; they have similar Pro Day stats.

Now that Pro days are over, of all the potential draftees Rondale Moore is the closest this draft has athletically to Tyreek Hill. Of course, Moore was a 5th round pick, converted from RB to WR who played primarily special teams early in his career. Moore will be a first or second round pick and will have much higher expectations. Additionally, Hill is a little bigger with pretty long arms of over 34 inches while Moore’s are under 32 inches. Finally, Moore’s lower body injuries are a big concern going forward. 

If the Bills want there own version of Hill, Moore is about as close as you’re going to get. Though the risks are certainly there.

image.png

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2021 at 6:09 AM, GLP said:

Looks like he is a Tyreek Hill 2.0; they have similar Pro Day stats.

This year without the combine setup flattening out the situational factors, everyone is running faster than any other year. 

Yeah, Moore is fast, very fast. I like him a lot. But you wouldn't put him in Hill's speed neighborhood until he starts proving himself in the NFL.

On 4/3/2021 at 12:09 AM, LeGOATski said:

Draft picks are never a win-now scenario. They're 4-5 year investments. If you're looking for a win-now move, you sign a known commodity in FA to a big contract.

I agree plus we got to get ready for Josh to get his big money . The best teams that usually draft late in the first usually go pure BPA. If u have a CB ranked 41st on the big board & a WR or RB ranked in the 20s u take that higher ranked player. Moving forward the draft is emensly important can't take any risks to fill so called needs. 

The best case scenario is a DE or CB that's rated very highly on our board falls to us but I can't see that happening especially at DE it's a poor yr for that position and at CB maybe Farley falls to us or to a lesser degree Newsome. Either way we go BPA more times then not were going to hit on that pk. 

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

This year without the combine setup flattening out the situational factors, everyone is running faster than any other year. 

Yeah, Moore is fast, very fast. I like him a lot. But you wouldn't put him in Hill's speed neighborhood until he starts proving himself in the NFL.

One thing to keep in mind is Hill wasn’t invited to the combine due to his off field issues. So each Hill and Moore were timed at a pro day where the times are less exact. So 4.29 or 4.32 may be no difference at all. And watching the 40 attempts both online Id say they look near identical.

Now, when you watch them in their college highlights, it looks like Hill has a little more power to his acceleration into contact. Tho Moore was more developed as a football player and so was much more productive.

Intriguing guy. If it wasn’t for the soft tissue concerns I think you would be looking at someone vying with Waddle for 2nd WR taken.

On 4/3/2021 at 10:14 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

IM ALL ABOARD THE ELIJAH TRAIN NOW!

I'm not seeing anything special here.  All he does is his job, after scrub defenders make mistakes.

At least Rondale has some 'special' qualities (speed, shiftiness, apparently crazy work-ethic).  Not really interested in either one at #30.

On 4/2/2021 at 4:51 PM, Big Turk said:

OK but again...if he ends being Terrell Owens will anyone cry about him going 30th in 5 years?

The end justification for any draft pick is how they perform after being drafted not where they were graded...that is subjective and different teams have different grades.

I do agree about the speed factor and I do agree that we need a replacement for Beasley. Rondale Moore seems like a sound player, do you like him better than Elijah Moore? Which Moore do you like more?

13 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Agree, it seems that you should add .1 seconds or more to the pro-day times to compare to normal combine times.

10 hours ago, LEBills said:

One thing to keep in mind is Hill wasn’t invited to the combine due to his off field issues. So each Hill and Moore were timed at a pro day where the times are less exact. So 4.29 or 4.32 may be no difference at all. And watching the 40 attempts both online Id say they look near identical.

Now, when you watch them in their college highlights, it looks like Hill has a little more power to his acceleration into contact. Tho Moore was more developed as a football player and so was much more productive.

Intriguing guy. If it wasn’t for the soft tissue concerns I think you would be looking at someone vying with Waddle for 2nd WR taken.

.03 seconds is within measurement error for sure.  I think there is too much emphasis on these 40 times.  Anything in the 4.4-4.5 range is VERY fast.  Easy to believe .1 - .2 seconds is a function of the start and that is really not a football move - more more a track skill.