Rondale Moore.....trade down and snag this monster.

4 hours ago, Georgie said:

Easier said than done. How will you know for certain " the time is right"?

Give Buddy Nix a call & he'll know.  He knew not to draft Russell Wilson before the 4th round & made a great move up for TJ Graham because he knew he wouldn't last & Wilson would definitely be there in the 4th round.  

Sarcasm aside, you never wait for another round to draft a player you want because you think you can get away with letting him slip a round.  NEVER!

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This tiny man has produced little in the past 2 years and has had one solid year of college football (3 years ago).  

Trading down to get him is a bad idea.

It’s not that he’s produced little. He’s just been hurt. Still putting up almost 100 yards a game when healthy. 

No one has yet mentioned this:

Rondale Moore is 5’7”, not 5’9” as previously reported.

There is only one WR in the NFL that is 5’7”, Jakeem Grant.

I’m out on Moore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

There is only one WR in the NFL that is 5’7”, Jakeem Grant.

I’m out on Moore.

FWIW, Cole Beasley is listed at 5’8 and measured in at 5’7 7/8 pre-draft.

Edited by Bangarang

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

It’s not that he’s produced little. He’s just been hurt. Still putting up almost 100 yards a game when healthy. 

Should’ve snatched up Sammy Watkins before the Ravens nabbed him.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The team is in win now mode.  Don't draft a WR high when the room is already packed.  CB, RB, DL.  WR is a waste of a pick this year.  Only a team with a win in the next 2-3 years & not win now with the WRs we have would draft a WR.  

BPA—CB, Edge, DL (1 technique), RB, LB (hedge on Edmunds), OL (big nasty run blockers)—trade down and get an extra 3rd if we can—I don’t think SF is going Mac with 3rd pick, but I think he might be there for a trade up at 30 (hoping—want that extra 3rd to use or trade up).  As if I know anything!  But it’s fun to play GM and do the simulated drafts.  

We have our WRs who should be recovered and ready.  It would be a luxury pick.  Like we’ve got Dawson’s Creek for another year—his do or die year. Luxury picks high up at WR or TE.  

Edited by biggerdaddynj

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

If you rarely play, you're not a producer.

Last year, when he could answer the bell, he had 2 of his 3 games at 7.7 and 6 per catch.  Those are RB receiving numbers.  35 catches to get to 270 yards?  

nah....

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I had him covered with "this tiny man"

Edited by Mr. WEO

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you rarely play, you're not a producer.

Last year, when he could answer the bell, he had 2 of his 3 games at 7.7 and 6 per catch.  Those are RB receiving numbers.  35 catches to get to 270 yards?  

nah....

I had him covered with "this tiny man"

I’m not saying we should just shrug off the injuries...The injury history is very concerning.

But he’s clearly a very productive player if you can physically get him on the field. Very much a high risk high reward prospect. 

Edited by DCOrange

25 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I’m not saying we should just shrug off the injuries...The injury history is very concerning.

But he’s clearly a very productive player if you can physically get him on the field. Very much a high risk high reward prospect. 

He had one productive season.  The last 2 he put up very mediocre numbers for most of the games he played.  

Bills don't need him.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Dude ran a 4.29, jumped 42.5, squats 600...I just did a mock, which was probably stacked before his pro day, and traded down to #52 to get him; picked up a 2022 2nd round pick in the process.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOPrnt8mIvU

Said this a month ago the guy has measurements that can’t be taught would fit in perfectly here in Buffalo 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He had one productive season.  The last 2 he put up very mediocre numbers for most of the games he played.  

Bills don't need him.

He played at Purdue with literally no qb 

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Said this a month ago the guy has measurements that can’t be taught would fit in perfectly here in Buffalo 

literally no QB.  Ok lol.  It's not a QB's job to go fish his pint sized WR out of the whirlpool every week for 2 years.

This guy wasn't even the best WR on his team when he did manage to play the last 2 seasons.  In 2019, David Bell got over 1000 with "no QB".  In only 6 games last year, he had 625 yards at 11.8 per.   

When you have to go back 3 years for a 3 year player's highlight film, you don't draft him before day 3.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

David Blough slander! He was the 2nd best qb in the B1G the last time Moore played an actual season.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills don't need him.

He really didn't. He went from 97 yards per game on 11 yards per catch as a freshman to 93 yards per game on 10.3 yards per catch the last two years. He's been one of the best WRs in college football whenever he's been on the field; he just hasn't been on the field nearly enough the past two years to put him up there with the other top WRs in this class.

I agree that WR isn't a need in the short-term, but there's a pretty good chance that (if he doesn't get hurt again), he could replace McKenzie as a rookie and Beasley/Sanders are likely only here in the short-term. We're lucky to be a team that doesn't need to reach for any particular need/can look more long term.

I'm not going to bang on the table for us to take a WR like I would have in years past with DK for example, but I'd be much happier to take a WR like Bateman, Toney, or the Moores than taking a RB at 30. I'm probably hoping for an edge, corner, OLine, or one of those first two WRs though if I had my choice.

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

He really didn't. He went from 97 yards per game on 11 yards per catch as a freshman to 93 yards per game on 10.3 yards per catch the last two years. He's been one of the best WRs in college football whenever he's been on the field; he just hasn't been on the field nearly enough the past two years to put him up there with the other top WRs in this class.

I agree that WR isn't a need in the short-term, but there's a pretty good chance that (if he doesn't get hurt again), he could replace McKenzie as a rookie and Beasley/Sanders are likely only here in the short-term. We're lucky to be a team that doesn't need to reach for any particular need/can look more long term.

I'm not going to bang on the table for us to take a WR like I would have in years past with DK for example, but I'd be much happier to take a WR like Bateman, Toney, or the Moores than taking a RB at 30. I'm probably hoping for an edge, corner, OLine, or one of those first two WRs though if I had my choice.

He had a very good Freshman season.  How can you say he was one of the best WRs in the country when he was on the field after that?  He just wasn't.

This past year he had 7.7 per catch.  In 2 games (he only played 3) he had a total of 28 catches and still under 200 combined yards!  Those are check down numbers, no playmaker stats (forget about "one of the best whenever he's on the filed").  The year before he played 4 games and had 25 and 17 yards in 2 (5 total catches) of them.  He's had 2 good games since 2018.  

Since 2018, there nothing special about this undersized, injury prone guy who was pretty  easy to cover his past 2 years of 7 games.

OP here.  Backpedaling.  I love Rondale's potential, but can see the issues.  Let's just see what happens.  There have been smurfs who never lived up to their potential....like that guy the Rams traded with us to move up and draft (when we got EJ Manuel and Kiko).....Tavon Austin.  Never really did much.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

OP here.  Backpedaling.  I love Rondale's potential, but can see the issues.  Let's just see what happens.  There have been smurfs who never lived up to their potential....like that guy the Rams traded with us to move up and draft (when we got EJ Manuel and Kiko).....Tavon Austin.  Never really did much.  

Yup. Austin has had a bad career despite hanging around for a long time. There was so much buzz about him too the year he came out.

• Like (+1) 2