Bills sign OL Jamil Douglas

I wonder if this is just a camp body.  Didn't they more or less bring everyone back, plus sign some other OL too?  Whose spot is he going to take? Perhaps Winters'.  Ty is gone too, but he's a tackle and this guy is interior. How many backup spots are available and who's in the mix?  I have no issue with this signing or others like it, I'm just wondering what he fits in. 

Edited by msw2112

2 hours ago, Motor26 said:

Looks like they won’t draft IOL early in the draft. I would love for them to get a legit power guard, something like Ford was supposed to be.

Disagree. Douglas is a cheap vet backup, far from certain to even make the 53. Remember they need a 90 man off season roster. Can't see how signing has any draft effect at all. Just as signing a few bottom of roster LBs earlier in the week didn't either 

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'll say this about Beane: I think the Bills have the best backups we've had in decades.  

OT is debatable. Hart is terrible and a massive downgrade 

3 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

I’d be shocked if Marlow isn’t back with the team, he is a very capable and he’ll of a back up to have! 

I thought I remember his ST snaps going down at one point last year, I thought that didn't bode well for him. But I haven't done any additional research to see if he ended the year being down on snaps.

3 hours ago, Motor26 said:

Looks like they won’t draft IOL early in the draft. I would love for them to get a legit power guard, something like Ford was supposed to be.

The Ford at RT experiment is over, he can be the G everyone said he was, hopefully do it well and start creating some holes for the RBs that supposedly didn’t have any.

kinda shocked by this signing - if there can be someone worse than Winters, it is Douglas. The guy was a sieve and couldnt block anyone's grandmother. I know Titans fans couldnt wait to be rid of him.

the only rationale I can think of is that the Bills Oline coach must feel he can mould Douglas into something better. If we get the Douglas of the 2019 / 20 seasons - there is no way he makes the roster.

5 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I wonder if this is just a camp body.  Didn't they more or less bring everyone back, plus sign some other OL too?  Whose spot is he going to take? Perhaps Winters'.  Ty is gone too, but he's a tackle and this guy is interior. How many backup spots are available and who's in the mix?  I have no issue with this signing or others like it, I'm just wondering what he fits in. 

We bring 90 players into camp. We have about 70 on the roster now. So yes, he's a camp body, but we need many of them.  Some of these guys might make the team, or practice squad, or a in season signing because of injuries.

13 hours ago, Motor26 said:

No sure why people say this. This is a depth signing and it has nothing to do with draft. If we draft OL early, guys like Dougles will be just cut.