Bills sign OL Jamil Douglas

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yikes on that college story 

6 years past.  Ty Nsekhe had his past history as well.

I wonder why he was still around in FA?  The Titans had a great run blocking OL in 2019 and 2020.  Not so hot in the passing game, but unclear that was on their pass protection and not their philosophy and play design.  I woulda thought a team with a sieve of an OL would siphon him up.

In any event, he's played G and C so it would seem re-signing Boettger and Feliciano and renegotiating with Morse hasn't stopped the Bills from at least bringing in solid vet competition.

47 minutes ago, DJB said:

He played for the Dolphins organization. 

Me don't like that. 

Why?  Played the last 2 years for Meathead and the Titans. 

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yikes on that college story 

Love it,  great value signing for depth

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

6 years past.  Ty Nsekhe had his past history as well.

I wonder why he was still around in FA?  The Titans had a great run blocking OL in 2019 and 2020.  Not so hot in the passing game, but unclear that was on their pass protection and not their philosophy and play design.  I woulda thought a team with a sieve of an OL would siphon him up.

In any event, he's played G and C so it would seem re-signing Boettger and Feliciano and renegotiating with Morse hasn't stopped the Bills from at least bringing in solid vet competition.

Why?  Played the last 2 years for Meathead and the Titans. 

Who cares who he played for,  its great excellent signing for line depth.BRAVO TO THE BEANNE ON THIS ONE!

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Looks like they won’t draft IOL early in the draft. I would love for them to get a legit power guard, something like Ford was supposed to be.

There is no reason they can't draft that, it just doesn't have to be in round 1. I expect them to find backup/replacements for Morse and Feliciano (and Star too) in 2022 with  2021 draftees. They would be developmental players. It's hard to start rookie O  linemen on a Super Bowl challenger. Draft, develop and let them compete for full playing time in 2022. I think it's important they do that actually and if you want better athletes at the position (which I think should be their goal) rounds 2-4 should offer that opportunity

Considering how very bad O line depth is league wide, I think Beane is doing very well with these signings, that and as we all know, some of these guys are not even gonna make the team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DJB said:

He played for the Dolphins organization. 

Me don't like that. 

If you were to let Beane know your feelings about this, he'd respond by saying, "You know something? You have a point!" Then he'd stop signing additional former Dolphins, focusing instead on former Panthers! 😶

• Haha (+1) 4