The Jordan Brand welcomes Stefon Diggs

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, STEFON

THE WIDE RECEIVER TALKS ABOUT SNEAKERS, COMPETITIVENESS AND JOINING THE JORDAN BRAND FAMILY.

No singular play, outfit or meme-ified football cleat can define who 27-year-old Stefon Diggs is, what he’s about or what he’s capable of, though he’s used to others trying to dictate his story.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Dislike 1

This is good for the Bills.  It shows that guys can play in Buffalo and still get major endorsement deals.  I suspect that Allen will have tons of endorsement opportunities if he's interested.  He has MVP-level talent and a ton of charisma and personality.  He seems to have the ability to connect with all types of people.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

People also forget Diggs had his own Geico commercial.

Yeah, and it was actually a good one, unlike most of their commercials.

• Agree 1

Jordan was a big fan of Buffalo in the 1990's (both the Bills and Sabres). He even had his Bulls play here is 1992:

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/sports/2020/05/15/when-air-jordan-landed-in-buffalo

Excerpt:

"But did you know MJ and company once played in Buffalo?

Russ Potts is the man who brought an exhibition game between the Bulls and Kings to town on October 28th, 1992.

[...]

"Walking into The Aud that night was even different than I remember as a kid following the Braves because clearly everybody was there to watch number 23," Kindberg remembers. "Every time he touched the ball you could see camera flashes going off. When he came out of the game to get a rest, as I recall, there was some booing. Like Phil Jackson couldn't do anything right. I guess he had to leave Michael on the floor the whole time. It was just a special, special opportunity that Western New York and Buffalo in particular was not going to get. You knew that there wasn't going to be an NBA team returning to Buffalo anytime. So this was the one chance to see the greatest player in NBA history.""

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, msw2112 said:

This is good for the Bills.  It shows that guys can play in Buffalo and still get major endorsement deals.  I suspect that Allen will have tons of endorsement opportunities if he's interested.  He has MVP-level talent and a ton of charisma and personality.  He seems to have the ability to connect with all types of people.

true.  wish it was under amour though. 

When I glanced at the title, I was like who is Jordan Brand... 😂

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

When I glanced at the title, I was like who is Jordan Brand... 😂

Innocent question, how old are you? Alternative question, how long until you realized?

And I mean no offense. Not being a smartass just asking. I love MJ and always have and have a cool vibe from when he played AA baseball in Birmingham. 

Edited by beerme1

11 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Innocent question, how old are you? Alternative question, how long until you realized?

And I mean no offense. Not being a smartass just asking. I love MJ and always have and have a cool vibe from when he played AA baseball in Birmingham. 

It only to a moment to realize,  and I’m on the older side. 62, and yes I always enjoyed watching MJ play, he was a maestro on the court. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Can someone explain the line in the sand between Nike and Jordan brands? I'm guessing Jordan is a spinoff of Nike. Is it the same thing?

Jordan is under the Nike company but it's own brand 

Like Cadillac, it's a brand of cars but they're really made by GM.. but it's a Cadillac

• Like (+1) 1