LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!

Beerball

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Mets are still in search of their first no-hitter, in my book.

Beltran is like a rash that somehow doesn’t go away.  LOL 

But I guess there’s the aspect of if your looking for sports purity the Bills got a very generous call in that Colts game the year the drought broke.  That 2 point conversion 

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

One less bum.  Cano has been DFA'd.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33842513/new-york-mets-designate-struggling-robinson-cano-assignment

Cano, 39, who is owed $24 million each of the next two seasons, is hitting just .195 with one home run and three RBIs in 41 at-bats this season. He was suspended for the 2021 season after violating MLB's policy against performance-enhancing drugs.

In three seasons with the Mets, Cano hit .269 with 24 home runs and 72 RBIs.

BUM.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

One less bum.  Cano has been DFA'd.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33842513/new-york-mets-designate-struggling-robinson-cano-assignment

Cano, 39, who is owed $24 million each of the next two seasons, is hitting just .195 with one home run and three RBIs in 41 at-bats this season. He was suspended for the 2021 season after violating MLB's policy against performance-enhancing drugs.

In three seasons with the Mets, Cano hit .269 with 24 home runs and 72 RBIs.

BUM.

I used to lament/complain/b!tch/moan that the Yankees were always willing to bury their mistakes with $$$ whereas the Mets were not. No more.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Beltran is like a rash that somehow doesn’t go away.  LOL 

But I guess there’s the aspect of if your looking for sports purity the Bills got a very generous call in that Colts game the year the drought broke.  That 2 point conversion 

In @Gugny's mind the drought is very much alive today.

20 minutes ago, Beerball said:

In @Gugny's mind the drought is very much alive today.

Yes, this is true.

Just like the single season HR record is still 61 ... and the all-time HR record is 755.

When one Mets pitcher records every out of a game without giving up a hit, then the drought will end.  Johan Santana gave up a clear hit that was erroneously called foul; and an army of pitchers working together to hold their opponent to zero hits is great ... but it's not a no-hitter in the traditional sense of the term.

I love you.  Goodbye.

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yes, this is true.

Just like the single season HR record is still 61 ... and the all-time HR record is 755.

When one Mets pitcher records every out of a game without giving up a hit, then the drought will end.  Johan Santana gave up a clear hit that was erroneously called foul; and an army of pitchers working together to hold their opponent to zero hits is great ... but it's not a no-hitter in the traditional sense of the term.

I love you.  Goodbye.

Apologies, I was speaking of the Bills drought.

1 hour ago, Beerball said:

Apologies, I was speaking of the Bills drought.

That, too, was a farce .. but not on the same level.  The Bills technically achieved a good enough record to qualify for the tournament.  But a) it was a fluke and b) they had no business being in the playoffs, which was proven by the pathetic one and done display.

But, Shirley, we can agree that Joshy has made it bettah.

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

That, too, was a farce .. but not on the same level.  The Bills technically achieved a good enough record to qualify for the tournament.  But a) it was a fluke and b) they had no business being in the playoffs, which was proven by the pathetic one and done display.

But, Shirley, we can agree that Joshy has made it bettah.

Joshy🥰

May out four weeks with stress reaction.  Same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ....

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33855126/new-york-mets-reliever-trevor-shut-four-weeks-stress-reaction

NEW YORK -- The Mets announced that reliever Trevor May had a stress reaction on the lower portion of his right humerus that caused the triceps inflammation that landed him on the 15-day injured list.

"The immediate prescription is for Trevor to discontinue throwing for approximately four weeks and then reimage the area," the Mets said on Wednesday. "At that time, then we will update his plan of care."

41 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

To anyone looking forward to seeing the player the Mets traded away in the Cano/Diaz deal, you're out of luck. Hours before he was to make his Citi Field debut Jarred Kelenic got sent to the minors.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/05/mariners-option-jarred-kelenic-claim-adrian-sampson.html

We still took it in the pooper on that trade.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.