LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!

Beerball

1 hour ago, Beerball said:

We’re so happy to have you. Every thread needs that guy.

You are that guy of this thread,  I am just here having fun. You seem to take things too far. Remember you are the one who butted in on my post, I never quoted you.

It's only baseball old man. You can't even handle being a Mets fan, it gets you triggered. 

Edited by TBBills

On 4/18/2022 at 2:52 PM, Helpmenow said:

Go giants

You saw a reaction, and thought , 'Oh! Somebody loves my contribution to a thread about people who cheer for terrible baseball teams!'

No.  Eff you all. Go Dodgers. And just even try to tell me any of your soot-ridden, flatulent shitholes you suffer through 9 innings at is anything like Dodger Stadium at a brilliant sunset. 

Giants???  Oh, c'mon, your old-school fans are legit, heart-broken, misguided and mildly lovable, but the new crop are 99 and 44/100ths dbags.  

**** the Metropolonitas, and *** the Barry Bondses

Enjoy the season, you hapless losers-to-be. 

to note- I'm not too happy about losing to Kenley on the Braves tonight.  He blew it at the worst times with us... but tonight, nuthin. 

Fun start, 12-5 with Jake on the shelf. There's a lot to like about this team, but concerns as well.

Biggest concern for me is the closer.  Not sure I can trust him to close out a post season series - or who would be a better/available option.

As an aside, Buck's scowl every time a Met gets HBP has become a thing in my household. Good times.

12 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Fun start, 12-5 with Jake on the shelf. There's a lot to like about this team, but concerns as well.

Biggest concern for me is the closer.  Not sure I can trust him to close out a post season series - or who would be a better/available option.

As an aside, Buck's scowl every time a Met gets HBP has become a thing in my household. Good times.

Very happy with starting pitching, situational hitting and aggressive/smart baserunning.  Defense has been solid, too.  So far (albeit very early), they're the 4th best defensive team in the league.

Love that Lindor is having a nice April, which was definitely NOT the case last year.

I don't know what it is, but I always go into the season believing in Diaz and this season is no different.  I think he's his own worse enemy.  So far, so good.

The HBP thing is insane to me.  They are currently averaging .82 hit batsmen/game.  I've never seen anything like it.

• Like (+1) 1

What a game last night, eh, fellas?!?!

Zero runs in support of another gem by Scherzer.  Then May gives up 2, but the Mets took advantage of a rare throwing error by Arenado and end up putting up a 5-spot in the 9th!  

Great win, but Trevor May needs to be better.

Diaz did a nice job getting the save.

#LFGM!

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What a game last night, eh, fellas?!?!

Zero runs in support of another gem by Scherzer.  Then May gives up 2, but the Mets took advantage of a rare throwing error by Arenado and end up putting up a 5-spot in the 9th!  

Great win, but Trevor May needs to be better.

Diaz did a nice job getting the save.

#LFGM!

As unusual as it is for Arenado to make a throwing error it's a good example of why putting the ball in play is better than striking out. That's obvious to most baseball fans but apparently less obvious to the modern day hitter.

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

As unusual as it is for Arenado to make a throwing error it's a good example of why putting the ball in play is better than striking out. That's obvious to most baseball fans but apparently less obvious to the modern day hitter.

Absolutely!  Mets are doing so much better this year making contact; especially with RISP.  I am hopeful that baseball eventually gets back to the fundamentals and we see fewer "HR or K" type hitters.  Each year, Alonso seems to be getting better at it and I like the way he's started off in that regard.

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Time for a Don Zimmer argument:

Not sure why you posted this in the Mets thread - but it reminded me of a great SI column by Rick Reilly that included this great line:

Don Zimmer, who has had more hard objects bounce off his skull than Gilligan

Full article (this belongs in a Mets thread): https://vault.si.com/vault/1999/11/01/the-team-i-love-to-hate

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.