LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!

Beerball

"From Washington to New York to Denver, the result has been the same. The Mets suffered their seventh postponement of the season on Friday, when their game against the Rockies at Coors Field was called off due to freezing temperatures and snow.

The Mets and Rockies will make it up with a single-admission doubleheader beginning at 5:10 p.m. ET/3:10 p.m. MT on Saturday.

So continues a disjointed season for the Mets, who had their Opening Series in Washington wiped out because of COVID-19 issues, before rain washed away games against the Marlins and Phillies. Another rainstorm forced the postponement of Thursday’s game.

The Mets have completed just four games in the past eight days."

https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/mets-rockies-april-16-opener-postponed

On 4/16/2021 at 2:49 PM, Gugny said:

"From Washington to New York to Denver, the result has been the same. The Mets suffered their seventh postponement of the season on Friday, when their game against the Rockies at Coors Field was called off due to freezing temperatures and snow.

The Mets and Rockies will make it up with a single-admission doubleheader beginning at 5:10 p.m. ET/3:10 p.m. MT on Saturday.

So continues a disjointed season for the Mets, who had their Opening Series in Washington wiped out because of COVID-19 issues, before rain washed away games against the Marlins and Phillies. Another rainstorm forced the postponement of Thursday’s game.

The Mets have completed just four games in the past eight days."

https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/mets-rockies-april-16-opener-postponed

Our boys will not be deterred! Mother Nature can wreak havoc with their schedule, it does not matter. They will be victorious.

• Like (+1) 1

I hadn't looked at the Mets thread in a while on the MLB sec of the site, more of a reader of forums these days versus poster.  Seems most baseball talk is on this thread.  All good.  Since they were playing the Phillies last night, 1st game all year I watched a good part of.  Observations:

I have never seen a pitcher with the number 0 on a uniform before.  

The Phillies pitcher in the 8th inning was a little too exaggerated there for my liking as well.  I don't think anything will trickle out of this.  But who knows in this social media age?  It's not the days of kids having fights and cooling off.  Everything continues online

Only the Mets can actually lose a game where the only runs they gave up were on a strikeout with 2 outs!  Wonder if that's ever happened in baseball before.  I can't remember ever seeing it 

3 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I hadn't looked at the Mets thread in a while on the MLB sec of the site, more of a reader of forums these days versus poster.  Seems most baseball talk is on this thread.  All good.  Since they were playing the Phillies last night, 1st game all year I watched a good part of.  Observations:

I have never seen a pitcher with the number 0 on a uniform before.  

The Phillies pitcher in the 8th inning was a little too exaggerated there for my liking as well.  I don't think anything will trickle out of this.  But who knows in this social media age?  It's not the days of kids having fights and cooling off.  Everything continues online

Only the Mets can actually lose a game where the only runs they gave up were on a strikeout with 2 outs!  Wonder if that's ever happened in baseball before.  I can't remember ever seeing it 

McCann's passed ball infuriated me.  No excuse.

Alonso's season last year could easily have been a fluke.  He really sucks so far this year.

Conforto had sand in his kitty over not getting a contract extension before the season.  Now we see why the Mets made the right non-move.  He is the worst hitter on the team.  He gets schooled every ***** night.

It's classic Mets.  When they pitch well, they don't score any runs; when the bats come alive, the bullpen blows games.

It's pretty much torturous.  

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Alonso's season last year could easily have been a fluke.  He really sucks so far this year.

Conforto had sand in his kitty over not getting a contract extension before the season.  Now we see why the Mets made the right non-move.  He is the worst hitter on the team.  He gets schooled every ***** night.

It's classic Mets.  When they pitch well, they don't score any runs; when the bats come alive, the bullpen blows games.

Lol.  You gave me some much needed laughs.  I could feel the remote going through the TV after reading that 🤣

The only thing I would say long term trajectory is about Cohen.  Look it'd be insane to say after 20 or so games new owners new results.  He still has to get into his role, etc...   At the same time though I still say a good amount about him is lip service until proven otherwise on the field.  

Edited by Another Fan

2 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Lol.  You gave me some much needed laughs.  I could feel the remote going through the TV after reading that 🤣

The only thing I would say long term trajectory is about Cohen.  Look it'd be insane to say after 20 or so games new owners new results.  He still has to get into his role, etc...   At the same time though I still say a good amount about him is lip service until proven otherwise on the field.  

I feel really good about Cohen, long-term.  I want him to (and think he will) open up that checkbook of his and get Theo Epstein into the organization.  That's the big splash the Mets need.

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Conforto will come around, he's always been streaky. Whether he's worth a long term contract is a big question mark. I'm more concerned about the guy that we committed to for the next 10 years whose start to the season is worse than Conforto's.

On the plus side, for anyone not paying attention our favorite closer to hate has looked pretty damn good and we have a 2 time Cy Young award winning starter who somehow looks better than ever.

59 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Conforto will come around, he's always been streaky. Whether he's worth a long term contract is a big question mark. I'm more concerned about the guy that we committed to for the next 10 years whose start to the season is worse than Conforto's.

On the plus side, for anyone not paying attention our favorite closer to hate has looked pretty damn good and we have a 2 time Cy Young award winning starter who somehow looks better than ever.

The team is loaded with positives,  I agree.  Lindor is a stud.  Definitely a slow start, but he'll turn it up.  It's a long season and I still have high hopes.

Jesus - that game had a lot going on.

Game gets tied on a little league play

The pitcher appealing a suspension stemming from the team he is facing melts down and blows a late lead on a walk (as a Met fan that was delicious)

The Mets closer gives up an apparent game tying HR (as a Met fan this was not tasty at all) - only to have it over-turned on review . BTW, I hate review but this is why we have it. 

Now if only Lindor could get a hit in a big spot - he had 3 chances tonight

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.