LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!

Beerball

Great to get Lindor signed; good young core w/ Alonso and Conforto.  McCann was an underrated pickup.  Pitching will be good; they should at least compete for the WC.

It’s a shame Covid has interrupted the start of their season but I’m looking forward to watching them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

This Mets team is better than many predict. Even though they are not done rebuilding, you gotta believe!

What about this guy.  I love it so much I stored it on my clipboard:

"Worst case: Despite the new owner and all the good tidings from the offseason, the Mets prove to still be the Mets. The rotation behind deGrom can't stay healthy. The bullpen implodes. The defense is one of the league's worst. The Mets stagger to 80 wins and a fourth-place finish. Discord ensues and Lindor decides there has to be a better situation for him somewhere else. -- Doolittle"

😆🤣

On 4/1/2021 at 7:06 PM, Beerball said:

I think this is our year.  What do you think?

https://explore.org/livecams/brown-bears/brown-bear-salmon-cam-brooks-falls

Back to the 🐻🐻❄️🧸Cam! 😆

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

What about this guy.  I love it so much I stored it on my clipboard:

"Worst case: Despite the new owner and all the good tidings from the offseason, the Mets prove to still be the Mets. The rotation behind deGrom can't stay healthy. The bullpen implodes. The defense is one of the league's worst. The Mets stagger to 80 wins and a fourth-place finish. Discord ensues and Lindor decides there has to be a better situation for him somewhere else. -- Doolittle"

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why do you love the quote? Are you a Met hater, Met lover or Met agnostic and just like the quote?

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why do you love the quote? Are you a Met hater, Met lover or Met agnostic and just like the quote?

Met Agnostic.   Troublemaker too.  Yankees are the only real team NYC.  Mets are like the Jets.  They hold no majority of fans in any county in the US, even their home City. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Met Agnostic.   Troublemaker too.  Yankees are the only real team NYC.  Mets are like the Jets.  They hold no majority of fans in any county in the US, even their home City. 

Thanks for responding. Are you a Yankee fan, Yankee hater or Yankee agnostic? 

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Varying levels.  There are fewer teams I root for over the Yankees. Maybe one or two teams.  Mets ain't one of them.  Little more with the Mets. Yankees are one of them.

I think your claim of being Mets agnostic isn't self aware otherwise why did you love the "Worst case..." quote. Own it. How could you be agnostic about the Mets and love a quote that predicts a worst case scenario for the upcoming season?

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

I think your claim of being Mets agnostic isn't self aware otherwise why did you love the "Worst case..." quote. Own it. How could you be agnostic about the Mets and love a quote that predicts a worst case scenario for the upcoming season?

Look, I rooted for Mets in 1986 because they played the BoSox.  I don't mind seeing the Mets collapse.  I can't explain it.  I think it's funny... Like watching the Cubs suck. Or Boston suck. But, on that scale... Watching Boston win is the worst. 

Why pick on me?  You didn't see the OP's initial post?  I guess, I am just a troublemaker.   You can't convert me. I have no remorse with this issue. 

Look, I rooted for Mets in 1986 because they played the BoSox.  I don't mind seeing the Mets collapse.  I can't explain it.  I think it's funny... Like watching the Cubs suck. Or Boston suck. But, on that scale... Watching Boston win is the worst. 

Why pick on me?  You didn't see the OP's initial post?  I guess, I am just a troublemaker.   You can't convert me. I have no remorse with this issue. 

Love the response! 

OP was an obvious d-bag/troll post. I'm a big Mets fan but didn't engage until a few 'real' posts came through. My bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Love the response! 

OP was an obvious d-bag/troll post. I'm a big Mets fan but didn't engage until a few 'real' posts came through. My bad. 

I really don't have any dog in hunt.  BFLo doesn't have MLB... So... My heart is purely out of it.  No Hometown connection.  Sure Home State.  But who from Upstate doesn't secretly loathe NYC?  I can tolerate The City, it's like Chicago here.  Love & hate the place and it's teams. I will root for Sox here, that's about it... Over the Mets, but not Yankees. 

Strange... I grew up hating Yankees.  I'd take Mets over Cubs.  The 1969 collapse is epic! I rooted for Cubs over Marlins and San Diego... But Indians over Cubs.

My MLB allegiance is schizo without a heart! 😆 I guess like me! 😆

I really don't have any dog in hunt.  BFLo doesn't have MLB... So... My heart is purely out of it.  No Hometown connection.  Sure Home State.  But who from Upstate doesn't secretly loathe NYC?  I can tolerate The City, it's like Chicago here.  Love & hate the place and it's teams. I will root for Sox here, that's about it... Over the Mets, but not Yankees. 

Strange... I grew up hating Yankees.  I'd take Mets over Cubs.  The 1969 collapse is epic! I rooted for Cubs over Marlins and San Diego... But Indians over Cubs.

My MLB allegiance is schizo without a heart! 😆 I guess like me! 😆

All good bro. Appreciate the responses. I'm hyper-sensitive to Met criticism (usually warranted).

I've been the same way about the Bills for way too long. Hopefully it's changed for both!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

Oh... Funny story about the Mets and 1969.  My brother was 5 and in Kindergarten... My mother got him a Mets tee-shirt.  Same mother who grew up thinking only the Yankees & Dodgers were allowed in World Series (honest Native, really! 😆)... And daughter of total Yankee lover AND Mets lover, my grandmother...

...Anyway my brother,  who's 4 years older than me says he goes to school with said Mets tee-shirt and is promptly picked on, called every name in the school bus dictionary by the older kids.  1969 wasn't all that idyllic. Did you ever see Shea Stadium during those years?😉😉 Anyway, he went on to be a Yankee lover... During the Yankees-KC years I rooted for Royals... YET, he tolerated the Mets and would root for them. But NOT over St.Louis Cardinals! 😅🤣

I hope this clarifies things! 😆🤣

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Beerball said:

He's a spankee fan and don't let him try to tell you otherwise.

LOL. I've never come across a Crankee fan who tried to hide it - and why should they? I embrace the (sports) hatred of the Mets, it's all good to me. 

LFGM! (if they they ever get to play)

An Open Letter to All Genuine Mets Fans:

This thread was created by a SF Giants fan.

The Original Poster created this thread to MOCK the Mets ... not to celebrate them.

I'm calling on all true Mets fans to discuss anything BUT the Mets in this thread.

#LFGM

Love,

Gugny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.