McShay Mock Draft 4.0

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31165378/nfl-mock-draft-2021-todd-mcshay-predictions-all-64-picks-rounds-1-2-plus-where-seven-qbs-land

JOK to Giants at #15

Etieene to the Jets at #23

Najee Harris to the Steelers at #24

30. Buffalo Bills

Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami

The top two running backs are off the board, and it's a little early for Javonte Williams (North Carolina). So why not inject some life into a middle-of-the-road pass rush instead -- especially with Jerry Hughes turning 33 before the season. Phillips had 8.0 sacks and 15.5 tackles for loss in 2020.

61. Buffalo Bills

Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington

The Bills finally halt Onwuzurike's slide down the board. He is my No. 35 prospect, but there aren't many teams searching for a defensive tackle right now. And while Buffalo might have preferred a running back, tight end or offensive tackle, Onwuzurike is sudden and creates havoc. He could slide in next to Ed Oliver.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Vomit 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, chknwing334 said:

What may be the only negative aspect of the Bills success for me, is my reduced interest in the draft.  It is much more interesting when your team is drafting in the top 10! With that said, I hope we don't have another exciting draft for many years!  

Haha, Ive said the same thing. For a fanbase who has learned to live for the Draft (and mock drafts, the combine, etc), all this winning is really ruining our fun! :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, TailgateChef said:

I like the value pick at 61....but are we looking for another light DT?  Grab a giant space-eater in the later rounds to tie up double teams and free up Ed and the D Ends (T. Shelvin, B. Brown, T. Slaton could all fit the bill).

Good question/observation. I had to look it up when you said "light". Onwuzurike is listed at 293lbs. Yikes!

9 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

What may be the only negative aspect of the Bills success for me, is my reduced interest in the draft.  It is much more interesting when your team is drafting in the top 10! With that said, I hope we don't have another exciting draft for many years!  

The draft is my Christmas, so I'll never lose interest in it. It'll just take longer to find out we pick, which is mildly annoying.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

sad jim carrey GIF

I do like Phillips FWIW, but neither help me this year.  Epenesa will have a bigger impact than an Edge 30.

I'm not sure if Beane sits back or moves up, but my money is on CB

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31165378/nfl-mock-draft-2021-todd-mcshay-predictions-all-64-picks-rounds-1-2-plus-where-seven-qbs-land

JOK to Giants at #15

Etieene to the Jets at #23

Najee Harris to the Steelers at #24

30. Buffalo Bills

Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami

The top two running backs are off the board, and it's a little early for Javonte Williams (North Carolina). So why not inject some life into a middle-of-the-road pass rush instead -- especially with Jerry Hughes turning 33 before the season. Phillips had 8.0 sacks and 15.5 tackles for loss in 2020.

61. Buffalo Bills

Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington

The Bills finally halt Onwuzurike's slide down the board. He is my No. 35 prospect, but there aren't many teams searching for a defensive tackle right now. And while Buffalo might have preferred a running back, tight end or offensive tackle, Onwuzurike is sudden and creates havoc. He could slide in next to Ed Oliver.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Phillips, but not a Levi O guy AT ALL. Washington's not a well run organization right now and this guy was adequate at best for that defense (to say nothing of suboptimal scheme fit). Lots of guys I'd take over him there.

Full disclosure: I hate the huskies with the intensity of a billion suns, so I may be slightly biased. But still, awful fit.

Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Solid first two picks. Helps get younger and more dynamic on the D-line. 

I wont ever complain about adding to the trenches. But wondering if these are the right guys at the right spots to help the team.

6 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Phillips, but not a Levi O guy AT ALL. Washington's not a well run organization right now and this guy was adequate at best for that defense (to say nothing of suboptimal scheme fit). Lots of guys I'd take over him there.

Full disclosure: I hate the huskies with the intensity of a billion suns, so I may be slightly biased. But still, awful fit.

So Tryon and Molden are off your list?