Christian Wade granted a third exemption year

this is a week old, so far he had made over 900K for practicing and the annual 20+ carries fodder during the last preseason game...flashes of brilliance versus other 3rd-4th stringers in preseason game..so he will gross approx $1.5-2M in development before we make a GO-NO GO decision on him likely at end of training camp 2022 unless they cut him earlier as he likely looses the roster exemption status around this time next year....interesting human interest story but can he play special teams (not likely) or be a backup running back on a contender remains a work-in-progress

Can he be called up to the 53..... 

Yeah, I know, I’m a bad person, I couldn’t help myself... the devil made me do it... 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

this is a week old, so far he had made over 900K for practicing and the annual 20+ carries fodder during the last preseason game...flashes of brilliance versus other 3rd-4th stringers in preseason game..so he will gross approx $1.5-2M in development before we make a GO-NO GO decision on him likely at end of training camp 2022 unless they cut him earlier as he likely looses the roster exemption status around this time next year....interesting human interest story but can he play special teams (not likely) or be a backup running back on a contender remains a work-in-progress

While I agree it's not likely he'll amount to anything special, I would like to point out he has made less than $300,000 so far. That's still not bad I know. But I don't know where you get this $1.5-2M from.

2 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Do the kid a favor and release him if not on the team. Seems kind of selfish to just lock him up from playing somewhere else.

Here we go again. I realize it's partly the fault of the people who write these articles, because when they say the Bills can assign him to the practice squad as the exempted player it makes it sound like Wade has no say in the matter. That's not true. As we know, he can stay through the offseason and try to make the team. But if he doesn't make the team and clears waivers he is free to go anywhere he wants, either by signing a contract with another team or by signing onto any  team's (not just Buffalo's) practice squad. He only gets "assigned" to the Bills practice squad with the exemption if both he and the Bills agree to that.

Nobody is holding him back.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Do the kid a favor and release him if not on the team. Seems kind of selfish to just lock him up from playing somewhere else.

You act like this is a slave contract and Wade has no say in the matter.