Trade Allen to Jax. Keep repeating the QB rookie contracts.

So if you were the GM of Baltimore, would you trade Jackson for the #1 overall pick?  That would be an interesting decision, trade the MVP from 2 years ago and won was it 10 games this year, the QB who most of the media drools over to be able to pickup Lawrence.

Jackson would be the type of player as good as he is/was to still make the trade!

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So if you were the GM of Baltimore, would you trade Jackson for the #1 overall pick?  That would be an interesting decision, trade the MVP from 2 years ago and won was it 10 games this year, the QB who most of the media drools over to be able to pickup Lawrence.

Jackson would be the type of player as good as he is/was to still make the trade!

Exactly! If I’m the Ravens I’m looking for any excuse to dump Jackson. The decision to pay him isn’t just about the player, it’s about also being handcuffed to the offense and their coordinator for many years. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Exactly! If I’m the Ravens I’m looking for any excuse to dump Jackson. The decision to pay him isn’t just about the player, it’s about also being handcuffed to the offense and their coordinator for many years. 

The player and handcuffed to the offense kind of go together.  That's who Jackson is and what he can and can't do.  He likely will be seeking and getting a contract worth more than $30 mil a year, is he worth it?  At that price he will handcuff the team and be surprised if he's good enough to overcome and win with him.

• Agree 1

This strategy is almost as good as my idea to tank for the 1st pick 22 years in a row so you can have an overall number one pick at every position on O and D.

Edited by Metal Man
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BigDingus said:

When I was a kid, I wondered why teams didn't just draft QB's in every round until they found the good one lol. 

Figured if they needed one so bad, just use all 7 rounds to keep grabbing them until one pans out. 

I don’t think it’s a bad plan, honestly, you are nothing without one, why screw around?  Go draft them all till you find one.

I do t care about his cap hit.  Why?   Because beane is a wizard.  1.   He will make it team friendly for year 1 and 2 like mahomes.  Then he will restructure going i to year 3 to free space for next 2 years.  

Rinse repeat.  Josh will structure to get max guarantee and be cap friendly because he wants to win. 

Trust in beane!

Edited by Hebert19