Kong Vs. Godzilla

Rico

Just saw it on HBOMax (4K / Atmos), I must say that did kick some serious ass!:thumbsup: Talk about a heavyweight match-up! 

I do kinda miss going to the theaters, but I’m getting used to this Day 1 streaming and I like it!

• Like (+1) 1

Our local B&B Theater is still open so we saw it tonight on the grand screen...about the size of a drive in screen.  A sound system that shakes the walls of the theater, power recliners and enough room between the rows to avoid the "pardon me, excuse me, pardon me" scenario.  it was also showing in the theater that has "feel around" seats...they rock and sway, shoot water or snow at you, that type of thing.  I wasn't in the mood for that.

The CGI was great, the fight scenes weren't done in the dark, but it still had some WTF moments that were WTF even for a Godzilla movie. Its nice to see they were able to incorporate a WWE story line.

I expected cheesy/campy but action-packed, and that's exactly what I got.

When I turned it on, I wasnt sure if I'd make it through the whole thing. But gotta admit, within 30 min I was routing for that chimp, and had to see how it played out!

Not a bad way to kill a Wednesday night while still locked down.

• Like (+1) 1

I remember the old Godzilla movies with cheesy graphics and background. The army tanks were the size of a match box cars and some 5 foot Japanese man would be stomping around in a kiddie pool wearing a lizard suit to make it look like he was coming out of the ocean. I used to love those movies as a kid.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

When I turned it on, I wasnt sure if I'd make it through the whole thing. But gotta admit, within 30 min I was routing for that chimp, and had to see how it played out!

I've always been Team Godzilla. I like the way they handled it.

• Like (+1) 3

Gonna go see it in the theater tomorrow night, with my son's, we just watched the trailer and are pretty excited. 

Now I know they have reasoned out the story, but I just want to point out that in old time lore, King Kong is 50 feet tall, and Godzilla is 360 feet tall. So there's that for any of you old time monster movie purists out there. 

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Did Bambi at least get a cameo? 

No matter how brief....

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Love how Kong is a axe man. Funny how the way to his home is now a hole through Hong Kong. Digging a hole through China- literally. 

Ha, You should have done a spoiler alert there.  SInce you didn't, I will.

**********************SPOILER ALERT***********************************

I laughed the first time he used the axe to block the Godzilla death ray.  An image came in my mind of the creative team brainstorming and saying..."how do we even the odds between Kong and Godzilla? We've made him bigger, but what about the death ray?" 

As they go around the room, someone speaks up and says..."2 words...light saber". 

20 hours ago, TSOL said:

Gonna go see it in the theater tomorrow night, with my son's, we just watched the trailer and are pretty excited. 

Now I know they have reasoned out the story, but I just want to point out that in old time lore, King Kong is 50 feet tall, and Godzilla is 360 feet tall. So there's that for any of you old time monster movie purists out there. 

Sizing of the two beasts was something that seemed off from the get go.

*********SPOILERS*****

Godzilla looks 5x bigger than Kong throughout the setup to their first fight.  But what really lost me was the little girl wearing only a hoodie in the arctic.  Thats when both me and the wife turned to each other and said "that's not nearly warm enough.  I'm beginning to think this movie isn't very realistic.."

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

*********SPOILERS*****

Godzilla looks 5x bigger than Kong throughout the setup to their first fight.  But what really lost me was the little girl wearing only a hoodie in the arctic.  Thats when both me and the wife turned to each other and said "that's not nearly warm enough.  I'm beginning to think this movie isn't very realistic.."

********SPOILERS*****
If that little girl would’ve got killed, I would’ve given this movie *****.

35 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

*********SPOILERS*****

Hopefully, next year's "Kong vs John Cena" is a little more realistic 

Just got back from watching it.

So glad that I saw it in a movie theatre.

This is what you want from a monster movie, lots of fun. The CGI was very impressive, and it was great that not all of the fighting was at night time.

The Hollow Earth thing was fun and creative.

This is the monster movie film a lot of us have been waiting for, and I was very satisfied.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.