Bills prospect OT Liam Eichenberg

I got no problems with picking an Offensive Lineman at pick 30.  The OL was as big a problem as the defense against KC.  I’m glad Beane brought back last years OL but Morse, Feliciano, and Williams are basically on 1 year deals so there’s definitely room to bring in an upgrade.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/1/2021 at 6:05 AM, whatdrought said:

It’s possible, but I haven’t seen anything about him playing G. 

And really, my issue isn’t if they are looking at him- it’s the stupid twitter account listing him as a probably reason they’re at ND while calling him a LT and ignoring all the other ND OL that make more sense for us. It’s just to get people to freak out and go “woah! Why are we scouting LT’s??!” When the twitter page has no idea what it’s talking about. But that’s pretty on brand for Buffalo Fanatics.

“among the players they were viewing was...”

vs

”probably the reason they are at ND”

Edited by NoSaint

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I got no problems with picking an Offensive Lineman at pick 30.  The OL was as big a problem as the defense against KC.  I’m glad Beane brought back last years OL but Morse, Feliciano, and Williams are basically on 1 year deals so there’s definitely room to bring in an upgrade.  

I agree, so long as that OL projects as a future LT.    And Eichenberg fits that bill.  He would probably end up as the teams LT before his rookie deal ran out.   Everyone assumes that Dawkins will just man the spot for 10 years without drop-off but every good LT isn't Jason Peters.   If they get 6-7 good LT years out of Dawkins that would be great and then in steps a guy like Eichenberg who probably has the frame to hold the position down until about the same age at least.   In the meantime Josh Allen has a lot of talent in front of him.   

Jenkins is a bit too Cody Ford-esque for me.......he's a better RT prospect but like Ford I don't think he has LT flexibility and he plays out of control at times and likes to tackle defenders and take unnecessary shots at them which exposes the team to killer penalties(like the critical personal foul that Ford drew in the Houston playoff game).    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

“among the players they were viewing was...”

vs

”probably the reason they are at ND”

Right, but to intentionally highlight the first-second round LT instead of the 3 other guard prospects is intentionally to make people comment and say “are the bills looking for a left tackle???!”

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Right, but to intentionally highlight the first-second round LT instead of the 3 other guard prospects is intentionally to make people comment and say “are the bills looking for a left tackle???!”

while the name catches more interest by being a top guy... if they just said checking out ND OL you probably would assume the others and not him so including he was among those scouted lends pertinent content too. 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

while the name catches more interest by being a top guy... if they just said checking out ND OL you probably would assume the others and not him so including he was among those scouted lends pertinent content too. 

I would buy that, but the second tweet emphasizing “LT” was clearly about driving interactions (and here we are).

Buffalo Fanatics is kinda that way sometimes, though, so it’s not unexpected. 

20 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I agree, so long as that OL projects as a future LT.    And Eichenberg fits that bill.  He would probably end up as the teams LT before his rookie deal ran out.   Everyone assumes that Dawkins will just man the spot for 10 years without drop-off but every good LT isn't Jason Peters.   If they get 6-7 good LT years out of Dawkins that would be great and then in steps a guy like Eichenberg who probably has the frame to hold the position down until about the same age at least.   In the meantime Josh Allen has a lot of talent in front of him.   

Jenkins is a bit too Cody Ford-esque for me.......he's a better RT prospect but like Ford I don't think he has LT flexibility and he plays out of control at times and likes to tackle defenders and take unnecessary shots at them which exposes the team to killer penalties(like the critical personal foul that Ford drew in the Houston playoff game).    

Agree. Yes to Eich because I think he can play left tackle in the NFL. No to Jenkins because I don't think he can. Jenkins's agent is apparently ringing around teams telling them he can which says to me they are worried about RT only hurting his stock.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/2/2021 at 6:33 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

I like the unnecessary shots . It worked for Jensen from the Bucs that's a nasty dude right there. That early penalty he got Chris Jones to do was big it extended the drive and lead to a TD. 

Yea I see what your saying with the penalties but there be some going the other way at times in retaliation. I love me some nasty lineman . 

8 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I like the unnecessary shots . It worked for Jensen from the Bucs that's a nasty dude right there. That early penalty he got Chris Jones to do was big it extended the drive and lead to a TD. 

Yea I see what your saying with the penalties but there be some going the other way at times in retaliation. I love me some nasty lineman . 

The much more important aspect wrt drafting him in round 1 is that he's not a LT prospect, IMO.

The part about him playing past the whistle is just part of his comp to Ford..........who has been a disappointment to say the least.

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The much more important aspect wrt drafting him in round 1 is that he's not a LT prospect, IMO.

The part about him playing past the whistle is just part of his comp to Ford..........who has been a disappointment to say the least.

I don’t get the hang up of “Round 1”...

Its pick 30... so three picks later and it’s ok to pick him.?

They picked Ford at 38 and were trying to move up higher... so I think if they like Jenkins I doubt the Round 1 / pick 30 thing is putting them off...

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I don’t get the hang up of “Round 1”...

Its pick 30... so three picks later and it’s ok to pick him.?

They picked Ford at 38 and were trying to move up higher... so I think if they like Jenkins I doubt the Round 1 / pick 30 thing is putting them off...

There isn't a line right at the end of round 1........I actually feel that you should not be using second round picks on lesser positions either...........the Ford pick was a mistake made reaching up for "need"......... I don't know that they've learned from that but they should have.

But you should know that there IS a significant difference between pick 30 and 33.........it's called the 5th year option.............not valuable if you choose a RB or "RT only" and they pan out.........but very valuable if you get a good QB, pass rusher, CB1 or LT.

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There isn't a line right at the end of round 1........I actually feel that you should not be using second round picks on lesser positions either...........the Ford pick was a mistake made reaching up for "need"......... I don't know that they've learned from that but they should have.

But you should know that there IS a significant difference between pick 30 and 33.........it's called the 5th year option.............not valuable if you choose a RB or "RT only" and they pan out.........but very valuable if you get a good QB, pass rusher, CB1 or LT.

Yes I know there is a 5th year option .... 

We both know they aren’t taking a QB and I don’t believe they should be restricting the choice of who they take at 30  to the other 3 categories listed  ...

If they did could they possibly be caught “reaching for need” once again?

Edited by Aussie Joe

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I don’t believe they should be restricting who they pick to the other 3 categories listed this year ...

The difference is that I have long term on-field and economic based reasons for my rationale..................you just believe they should draft whatever they need now..........I think that's a proven-unwise philosophy.

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The difference is that I have long term on-field and economic based reasons for my rationale..................you just believe they should draft whatever they need now..........I think that's a proven-unwise philosophy.

Well plenty of other teams ignore this and take other positions in Round 1.

You talk the Chiefs up a lot but they took a RB in Round 1 last year .

Im also actually saying the opposite of drafting for need by the way...

Edited by Aussie Joe

As I recall the history, ND O-lineman do not have a good track record of success. When you have four linemen likely to be drafted from the same team the question is good coaching, or great players. I suggest the former.

• Disagree 1

44 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

As I recall the history, ND O-lineman do not have a good track record of success. When you have four linemen likely to be drafted from the same team the question is good coaching, or great players. I suggest the former.

Zack Martin was considered best O Lineman in NFL for a long time.  Now Quentin Nelson is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1