Bills prospect OT Liam Eichenberg

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Not sure why they’re listing the 1-2 round player at a position we don’t need (LT) when they have 3 later round players at positions we do need (IOL)...

Again.........when it comes to key positions......LT being one of them........when you need them you REALLY need them.   Desperately.    Interior OL you can always patch up with free agents.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This would scare me.

Why? He’s not Travis Kelce, but he’s a nasty run blocker, can play TE or H-back, and is a capable pass catcher....worth a mid-round pick, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Not sure why they’re listing the 1-2 round player at a position we don’t need (LT) when they have 3 later round players at positions we do need (IOL)...0

Maybe coaches think he can play G in rookie contract and replace   any of the starters in case of injury or if one of the starters get greedy and want more money

8 hours ago, poblano said:

Maybe coaches think he can play G in rookie contract and replace   any of the starters in case of injury or if one of the starters get greedy and want more money

It’s possible, but I haven’t seen anything about him playing G. 

And really, my issue isn’t if they are looking at him- it’s the stupid twitter account listing him as a probably reason they’re at ND while calling him a LT and ignoring all the other ND OL that make more sense for us. It’s just to get people to freak out and go “woah! Why are we scouting LT’s??!” When the twitter page has no idea what it’s talking about. But that’s pretty on brand for Buffalo Fanatics.

11 hours ago, Special K said:

Why? He’s not Travis Kelce, but he’s a nasty run blocker, can play TE or H-back, and is a capable pass catcher....worth a mid-round pick, IMO.

According to some, he's also great on Special Teams. Heard him on NFL Network the other morning (being interviewed by world-class blowhard Charlie Weiss) and he sounds like a versatile player who was under-utilized in the passing game but also sounds intelligent and loves football.  Wouldn't surprise me if Bills had interest in him.  

• Agree 1

Although I never hate an O-line pick for once I don't see the O-line being a massive need. I do think the Bills need some depth on the O-line. Assuming Ike is brought back they run about 7 deep on the O-line (Dawkins-Ford-Mitch-Mongo-D.Will as the starter and Ike and Bates off the bench) that's pretty solid but ideally you want to be 8 deep and adding a swing tackle in the draft is a good idea. But I don't think they need to do that in round 1. I think they dip in to the O-line pool in round 3 where they can fill a short term depth need and get some long term developmental prospect.

His brother Tommy is going to be the starting MLB at Ohio state this year. That’s about all I know about him, other than he’s reportedly a great OT prospect. I would assume he’s a future RT for the Bills if they take him. Or if Dawkins gets hurt can play LT. 

Edited by YoloinOhio