Sammis Reyes - International Pathway Program TE prospect.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I know our Newest DE Efe Obada is probably the only one that has contributed on a teams 53. 

Jordan Mailata OL with Eagles signed a 4 year deal in 2018. Was on IR in 2019. 

I think Jakob Johnson FB was on Pats roster all last year as well. 

pretty much the only three Rest of them are flamed out of still sitting on PS as of last year. 

Moritz Böhringer Was well known but because he was drafted without playing football in 6th round by Vikings. Washed out entered the IPP program and still hasn’t really done anything. 

Is Bohringer no longer with the Bengals?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why do the Bills have to consider a guy like this....at TE, no less?

Just wait.  You'll be lamenting the Bills didn't sign him when he's on his 4th team in 5 years...

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Usually those former basketball players make great TEs. Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham (early in his career), Antonio Gates. Could be a diamond in the rough

Someone once said that all the best NFL tight ends are playing power forward in the NBA.

And what is the deal? Can anyone sign him or can/do they have to draft him or what?

11 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Usually those former basketball players make great TEs. Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham (early in his career), Antonio Gates. Could be a diamond in the rough

Yep. The best TEs have been playing in the NBA for years. 

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Yep. The best TEs have been playing in the NBA for years. 

It's not an easy conversion but I am hoping we see more players try to make the move to football now that the salaries for good TE's are much improved.   

Canisius own Chris Manhertz has managed to be a 4 year active player in the NFL(plus his brief Bills tenure).........and there are much more impressive athletes than him in almost any major conference basketball game that also have no real shot at NBA money.   Manhertz almost certainly made a lot more money in those 4 seasons than he'd have made if he somehow managed to have a good overseas hoops career(which was highly unlikely, IMO). 

On 3/31/2021 at 11:02 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Anyone know how to say “git Er done, Mr. Beane,” in Cockney English?  

Go drop some Derry and Tom’s,

Beanie, ole boy?

image.thumb.jpeg.c473aa06a237d1ae763822e98d3d9dcd.jpeg

Oi, Beanie, you lazy ******d, pull your finger out of your a***

• Haha (+1) 1

I know a lot of you are joking about this kid and I’m not even sure if we are able to sign him but this kid def passes the eye test. He’s a freak and I would be pumped if we were to get him. Def a process guy and has one hell of a work ethic. He wants it bad too and like someone stated earlier at a position that correlates well as an ex BB player

On 3/31/2021 at 4:29 PM, glazeduck said:

Outside of maybe turning a soccer player into a kicker, which, let's be honest, is basically doing the same thing, but with pads, Basketball to TE has got to be the easiest transition (I'm sure there's a rugby argument in there too, but I don't know s*** about Rugby).

I'll never know if I was the reason he did it, but at my college graduation reception I was chatting with a graduating basketball player about our futures. I suggested to him that he try football, as he was a 6'5 rebounder. Fortunately for him he had a year of eligibility left, got his masters while playing 1 year of college ball and went on to have a 7 year, 2x pro-bowl career in the NFL!

I say that not at all to namedrop or pat myself on the back but to emphasize how little real football he experienced before the pros and how it turned out for him. Doesn't always work that way, but TE was clearly the right path...

NFTs or Bitcoin or Gamestop?

I appreciate this program but it appears as though they’re looking for a diamond in the rough. The vast majority will be enough for underdog loving people (like myself) to root for them but not much will happen, I suspect. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know the guy but as said converting from soccer to kicker and hoops to te are the easiest transitions.  Having played and coached running backs, that is a much harder transition.

I know there is a lot of support for Wade and I hope he gets there.  These two positions have a greater likelihood for maybe, maybe a success.  I never thought wade would make the active roster, but hoped he would beat the odds.

the tight end we want to be a perfect fit is a guy who is undersized at guard in the nba or college basketball who has some American football experience. If we Get him, I hope he makes it.