Sammis Reyes - International Pathway Program TE prospect.

Uh- oh, Christian Wade better start looking over his shoulder, this Pathway Program prospect, may be a better fit for Buffalo's current team need.  He took part in the Florida Pro Day today, along with the other 10 pathway participants this year.  He is a former basketball player who is a raw prospect, but apparently turned the heads of a lot of talent evaluators at the pro day.  

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

6’6 240 small forward making the switch to QB.  I saw some highlight of him throwing....but did he take any reps as a TE?  I’d like to see what he looks like catching passes too

Yeah, when they showed him at the pro day on NFLN, they listed him as a TE prospect and talked about other former basketball players who transitioned to NFL TE's like Graham and Gates.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Outside of maybe turning a soccer player into a kicker, which, let's be honest, is basically doing the same thing, but with pads, Basketball to TE has got to be the easiest transition (I'm sure there's a rugby argument in there too, but I don't know s*** about Rugby).

I'll never know if I was the reason he did it, but at my college graduation reception I was chatting with a graduating basketball player about our futures. I suggested to him that he try football, as he was a 6'5 rebounder. Fortunately for him he had a year of eligibility left, got his masters while playing 1 year of college ball and went on to have a 7 year, 2x pro-bowl career in the NFL!

I say that not at all to namedrop or pat myself on the back but to emphasize how little real football he experienced before the pros and how it turned out for him. Doesn't always work that way, but TE was clearly the right path...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Does anyone know how many players that have been brought onto this program make it to a starting lineup, or is this a every so often one of these guys makes a team, and it’s really just an advertising ploy in all reality? Asking for a friend...

46 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Does anyone know how many players that have been brought onto this program make it to a starting lineup, or is this a every so often one of these guys makes a team, and it’s really just an advertising ploy in all reality? Asking for a friend...

I know our Newest DE Efe Obada is probably the only one that has contributed on a teams 53. 

Jordan Mailata OL with Eagles signed a 4 year deal in 2018. Was on IR in 2019. 

I think Jakob Johnson FB was on Pats roster all last year as well. 

pretty much the only three Rest of them are flamed out of still sitting on PS as of last year. 

Moritz Böhringer Was well known but because he was drafted without playing football in 6th round by Vikings. Washed out entered the IPP program and still hasn’t really done anything. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

Outside of maybe turning a soccer player into a kicker, which, let's be honest, is basically doing the same thing, but with pads, Basketball to TE has got to be the easiest transition (I'm sure there's a rugby argument in there too, but I don't know s*** about Rugby).

I'll never know if I was the reason he did it, but at my college graduation reception I was chatting with a graduating basketball player about our futures. I suggested to him that he try football, as he was a 6'5 rebounder. Fortunately for him he had a year of eligibility left, got his masters while playing 1 year of college ball and went on to have a 7 year, 2x pro-bowl career in the NFL!

I say that not at all to namedrop or pat myself on the back but to emphasize how little real football he experienced before the pros and how it turned out for him. Doesn't always work that way, but TE was clearly the right path...

I think we would all like to know the name though.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I know our Newest DE Efe Obada is probably the only one that has contributed on a teams 53. 

Jordan Mailata OL with Eagles signed a 4 year deal in 2018. Was on IR in 2019. 

pretty much the only two. Rest of them are flamed out of still sitting on PS as of last year. 

Moritz Böhringer Was well known but because he was drafted without playing football in 6th round by Vikings. Washed out entered the IPP program and still hasn’t really done anything. 

Thanks for the info, that’s what I was thinking, 👍

4 hours ago, glazeduck said:

You didn’t name drop... and you should. Who is it??

2 hours ago, glazeduck said:

Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

Ah, very cool.

I always hated that he chased the money to Jax instead of staying in that amazing offense with Peyton. Hopefully it worked out for him in the end, but I knew at the time it would be a career killer. 

19 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You didn’t name drop... and you should. Who is it??

Ah, very cool.

I always hated that he chased the money to Jax instead of staying in that amazing offense with Peyton. Hopefully it worked out for him in the end, but I knew at the time it would be a career killer. 

Wouldn’t shock me if he never *loved* football, but he had a couple really great years. Great kid too. He’s studying concussions now too, so definitely giving back to the world/community. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1