Number of Bills under contract as of today

19 minutes ago, BTB said:

According to spotrac, the Bills have 67 players under contract.  If 90 is still the max number going into OTA's and training camp, I would think most of the remaining 23 slots will be draft picks and UDFA's?

Remember Bills will have a camp roster if 91 (Wade Exemption) unless NFL loses that split practice rule thing again this year. 

so it Depends. So with 7 picks that makes it 74 going into camp and OTAs. leaving 17 UDFAs that is a high amount of UDFAs signed historically normally been between 10-13. 

Add in Will it be a complete normal offseason? We already know 1 PS game is gone so that limits chances for those UDFAs. I think there will be 1-2 UFA Vets signed before draft. Maybe another 1-2 signed after draft before camp. Leaving about 10-13 UDFAs signed which is in their historical norms. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BTB said:

According to spotrac, the Bills have 67 players under contract.  If 90 is still the max number going into OTA's and training camp, I would think most of the remaining 23 slots will be draft picks and UDFA's?

Well  I once traveled within 100 miles of Carolina...so I'm staying near my phone just in case Beane gives me a call. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, BTB said:

I mean with the crappy Covid effected College season effecting the scouting this might be a great year to have more if those.

30 minutes ago, BTB said:

91 is Bills max number - due to a +1 for another year of the international development program- in our case RB Christian Wade - who will surpass $1M in career earnings for practicing and carrying the load to eat the clock during the last pre-season game every year

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/christian-wade-28987/stats-valuation/

32 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Remember Bills will have a camp roster if 91 (Wade Exemption) unless NFL loses that split practice rule thing again this year. 

so it Depends. So with 7 picks that makes it 74 going into camp and OTAs. leaving 17 UDFAs that is a high amount of UDFAs signed historically normally been between 10-13. 

Add in Will it be a complete normal offseason? We already know 1 PS game is gone so that limits chances for those UDFAs. I think there will be 1-2 UFA Vets signed before draft. Maybe another 1-2 signed after draft before camp. Leaving about 10-13 UDFAs signed which is in their historical norms. 

You are probably correct.  

Edited by BTB

67 players before the draft. I suspect there will be 2 to 4 more added if Ike gets resigned and they add a few more depth or bargain shopping free agents. So likely going to enter into the draft with 70ish and then leaving the draft with 5 to 7 additional players leaving the team with around 75 players and then filling out the back 16 slots with UDFA’s. Seems right on track.

3 hours ago, scuba guy said:

Beane will make more moves post draft and training camp to tweak the rooster

Thats what magicians do

I've heard of choking the chicken, but I'm not familiar w/ "tweaking the rooster". :LOL:

3 hours ago, BTB said:

I don’t think so.  Assuming they make all 7 picks (not sure they will) - that gets you to 74.  That leaves 17 spots for UDFAs - that is about 10 - 12 to many.

I would imagine about 8-10 more little signings of depth type guys - see the LB and OT they just signed.  Then after the draft they will fill in with UDFAs.  

I would expect them to either leave 1-2 spots open or cut a few guys for June 1st type cuts for more depth guys.

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

67 players before the draft. I suspect there will be 2 to 4 more added if Ike gets resigned and they add a few more depth or bargain shopping free agents. So likely going to enter into the draft with 70ish and then leaving the draft with 5 to 7 additional players leaving the team with around 75 players and then filling out the back 16 slots with UDFA’s. Seems right on track.

I'm of the belief that with all the FAs (many of whom will play for vet minimum with 0 or very low guarantees) available that

it might be wise for Beane to sign a good amount of these players vs having a lot of UDFA come in after the draft.

5 hours ago, scuba guy said:

Beane will make more moves post draft and training camp to tweak the rooster

Thats what magicians do

Beane should definitely have enough time after the draft to tweak the Rooster 😂

Edited by Buffalo03

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah, I'd say they add another S and OG at least.

6 hours ago, TPS said:

Yeah, I'd say they add another S and OG at least.

A veteran #1 starting TE I think will be our last big signing.... C'mon, Beane get Ertz! I think Ertz gives us another true weapon. Draft a WR in the second rd and maybe we have enough top end skill for the season?

And another vet DT ~ around vet minimum..... so I have us signing four....

Dean Marlowe and Zach Ertz being two of them..... I really hope anyway....

DE - WR - CB - DT - OL - RB. See if we can grab a giant RB late....to add to the competition.