Bills opening stadium discussions with NYS and Erie County

Big Turk

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Season ticket holders will pay more of course--they are the primary beneficiaries of a fancy new stadium outside of the team.

But that's a tiny sliver of the total number of fans.  The rest of the fans will only pay more if they go to a game.  Those watching at home/bar/etc---No change, if Pegula pays for the stadium without public money.  I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say  fans will "pay dearly".

A substantial increase in ticket prices will come with a new stadium. That goes without saying. If the current facility is refurb'd, then maybe, not so much. If I want to go to a (cough!) 'trendy restaurant' (as has been mentioned here, as a perk of a new facility) I can do that somewhere else. The current Stadium has excellent sight lines, and Arrowhead, and Lambeau field, are doing quite well, in their advanced age. We can do the same here, without breaking the bank of the people who actually support the team.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

A substantial increase in ticket prices will come with a new stadium. That goes without saying. If the current facility is refurb'd, then maybe, not so much. If I want to go to a (cough!) 'trendy restaurant' (as has been mentioned here, as a perk of a new facility) I can do that somewhere else. The current Stadium has excellent sight lines, and Arrowhead, and Lambeau field, are doing quite well, in their advanced age. We can do the same here, without breaking the bank of the people who actually support the team.

Just curious if you priced tickets at Lambeau or Arrowhead?

(PACKERS) Pricing in 2021 is as follows: end zone seats are $58 for preseason, $118 for regular season; south end zone 700 level seats are $61 for preseason, $121 for regular season; south end zone 600 level seats are $64 for preseason, $129 for regular season; end zone to the 20‐yard line seats are $69 for preseason, $134 for regular season; between the 20-yard lines seats are $74 for preseason, $149 for regular season.

26 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

Just make it with a retractable roof and get the best of both worlds.  And please make bigger bathrooms, the wait can be rediculous.

Retractable roofs are a waste of money. An extra $300-500MM for what amounts to a sunroof. Better to build something like US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis. Glass roof with walls that open.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I love the stadium where it is and how it is. BUT.....as I posted earlier, if my car needs repairs that cost roughly half the cost of a new car, I’m getting a new car. 

We’ve been missing @Kirby Jackson for a while, but he has often explained the reasons a new stadium and the revenue streams should be expected. He knows what he’s talking about, and it made sense to me. 

I don’t go to an NFL game for fancy restaurants, but a former client/buddy invited us to join him at his season tix in Jacksonville. Not NYC, Dallas, Chicago or LA, but Jacksonville. The seats were outdoors, but attached to an indoor dining area where beer, wine and food were “free”. (Mixed drinks were extra.) This was not hot dogs and Bud Lite, we’re talking sautéed sea bass and quality wines. In Jacksonville! He used it to impress clients and staff, and US, and it worked! Face value of tix were $380 and that was 10-15 years ago.

I’ve never been to KC for a game, but hope to correct that!  Lambeau is nothing special other than the surrounding neighborhoods being so cool. The stadium is as Plain Jane as the FSU stadium. 

I try to attend one home game and one road game each year. The ticket price is a drop in the bucket compared to airfare, hotels, car rentals, restaurants, etc. I FULLY understand that the burden is on the season ticket holders who will feel the most pain. I get that and I feel their pain. I’ll do my part by paying more when I buy their unused seats when I come to town. 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Retractable roofs are a waste of money. An extra $300-500MM for what amounts to a sunroof. Better to build something like US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis. Glass roof with walls that open.

The Minneapolis stadium looks AWESOME! I’d love to go to a game there. Great city! The old stadium was a dump but they got a SB that left me wanting.....

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/31/2021 at 11:05 PM, Mr. WEO said:

NYS didn't drag its feet blowing money on "The Buffalo Billion".  Total scam.

And check out the Lucas Stadium bookings.  After the Final 4, there are 4 non NFL events through next January 10th.  The convention center has  6 events with projected attendance over 4000 through October--and that's with the belief that 7000 will attend "Women of Joy" and 13,500 will be there for "Sweets and Snacks"....  

COVID restrictions.  I work in law enforcement and we have plenty of part time work there.  

10 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

If the new NYS bill passes we wont have to worry.

NYC is going to become a shell of itself with the people and businesses leaving.

NYS is in serious trouble.

You might think so but the new budget is going to make you think NYS thinks it is a fat cat. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Watch it from home or a bar, for nothing.

9 hours ago, Nitro said:

COVID restrictions.  I work in law enforcement and we have plenty of part time work there.  

What are the stadium events you are working at?

I've said it in other places and times so I won't rehash everything that's been said here or where I've piped in at other times. But, I will say this: a dome in this weather, given the current social climate and the age group the team will be appealing to in the next 20 years, along with the Offense slanted rules in the NFL AND that another game is being added in January, just makes too much sense. 

Nostalgia is wonderful, but it belongs in the past. A dome for Buffalo is contemporary for all the reasons previously stated and I for one, sincerely hope it happens. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

football wise, a dome makes sense. forget about allen's strong arm. if we are trying to build something akin to peyton manning's colts offense, we are putting ourselves at a huge disadvantage, relatively speaking, when a running team like baltimore comes to our home stadium. 

4 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

football wise, a dome makes sense. forget about allen's strong arm. if we are trying to build something akin to peyton manning's colts offense, we are putting ourselves at a huge disadvantage, relatively speaking, when a running team like baltimore comes to our home stadium. 

There’s a very good chance that Allen will be an alumni when you first sit down in a new stadium. OJ was the star when Rich Stadium opened. He played there for five years and the Bills have been there for another four decades. 

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

There’s a very good chance that Allen will be an alumni when you first sit down in a new stadium. OJ was the star when Rich Stadium opened. He played there for five years and the Bills have been there for another four decades. 

if we play our cards right and allen turns out, we have him another 15 years. stadium should be up in 5. obviously, it's imperative that we move on it as quickly as possible. 

1 minute ago, Man with No Name said:

if we play our cards right and allen turns out, we have him another 15 years. stadium should be up in 5. obviously, it's imperative that we move on it as quickly as possible. 

In a normal time, yes, 5 years is reasonable.  Unless Pegula is going to absorb a huge portion of the cost(at least 90%), I don’t know how a new stadium(or even a major refurb) gets done. With Covid, the state and county are both going to cry poor. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Watch it from home or a bar, for nothing.

You don't attend the games? I do. All of them.

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have not.

11 hours ago, beerme1 said:

You might think so but the new budget is going to make you think NYS thinks it is a fat cat. 

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

I've said it in other places and times so I won't rehash everything that's been said here or where I've piped in at other times. But, I will say this: a dome in this weather, given the current social climate and the age group the team will be appealing to in the next 20 years, along with the Offense slanted rules in the NFL AND that another game is being added in January, just makes too much sense. 

Nostalgia is wonderful, but it belongs in the past. A dome for Buffalo is contemporary for all the reasons previously stated and I for one, sincerely hope it happens. 

Nostalgia has nothing to do with it.

56 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You don't attend the games? I do. All of them.

I have not.

I attend or 2 a year.  For the others, like nearly all other fans, I watch on TV for free. That will still be true with a new stadium.

18 hours ago, QCity said:

I hear this parroted quite a bit. How many extra Winter events do you think a dome will bring that can't already be held in the 19,000 seat Key Bank Arena? What are these 30-40 Winter happenings? A major concert, a boat show, a monster truck rally, hmm maybe that's even too much. They certainly aren't going to heat an entire stadium in the middle of a Buffalo February for a wedding.

A think a lot of the public believes in the "build it and they will come" adage, but I think the reality is that it's going to be unused 90% of the year dome or not.

I am just telling you what I have read. It would open the possibility for larger tournaments in college sports, Buffalo would be bale to get larger concerts or conventions. In general Buffalo does not have a large enough venue for major things like that. Key Bank is find for most concerts, but there are larger concerts that do stadium type tours that having an indoor venue allow.

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, but indoor has more potential for use.

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I am just telling you what I have read. It would open the possibility for larger tournaments in college sports, Buffalo would be bale to get larger concerts or conventions. In general Buffalo does not have a large enough venue for major things like that. Key Bank is find for most concerts, but there are larger concerts that do stadium type tours that having an indoor venue allow.

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, but indoor has more potential for use.

Why can't the concerts play at an outdoor stadium in Spring/Summer/Fall?  How many conferences are held on the field of any domed football stadium?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I have not.

Look at the post you responded to again. I quoted Lambeau prices for 2021. Cheapest seats are $118. (I don't know if that's ST or Single Game price.) But that is more than double what the Bills are charging. I believe cheapest ST is $45/game. So holding up a renovated Lambeau as an example for the Bills to keep ticket prices low doesn't jibe.

Rodgers doesn't seem affected by the weather in Green Bay, nor did Brady in NE or the 90's Bills offense in Buffalo. or Favre in Green Bay, or Big Ben in Pittsburgh, or even Mahomes in KC, where it can get very cold. Elway did OK in Denver. 

Heck, Peyton Manning, the "dome QB" had his best statistical season ever (and the best of any QB in NFL history) playing in Denver. 5,477 yards and 55 TD. Imagine if the weather didn't slow him down that season!

Snow and cold are overrated as factors that would limit our offense. Wind is the real issue. How many "snow games" do the Bills even have each year, if you think about it? In November it's just as likely to be 50 as it is to be 25 and snowy. Probably more likely. 

Now for other teams, it's certainly a mental thing, the snow and the cold. But for home teams up north having an open air stadium does not limit them on any type of consistent basis.

A dome is not worth the money UNLESS it allows the team to charge fans more for a more comfortable, controlled environment AND brings a Super Bowl to town. Even then, the extra cost is so astronomical that it doesn't make much sense. 

A dome is 100% about the fans, not the players or the game. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Eyeroll 1