Bills opening stadium discussions with NYS and Erie County

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

So you think it's possible he would even threaten to move the team under any circumstance?

What my parents did for me is bring me into a world where I can enjoy the printed thoughts of people such as yourself.  I am eternally grateful to them for this!

And where did I claim to be "smart". lol

I'm not claiming *he* will threaten or want to move the team. All indications are that *he* isn't really interested in building a new stadium or doing the major renovations to the existing one, but if *he* doesn't do something then it eventually won't be up to *him*.

Edited by jeremy2020

29 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not claiming *he* will threaten or want to move the team. All indications are that *he* isn't really interested in building a new stadium or doing the major renovations to the existing one, but if *he* doesn't do something then it eventually won't be up to *him*.

Please just say *it*. Are you saying the NFL can force *him* to do something? I know they can pressure them, but I’m not sure what *they* can force *him* to do. *They* can’t make *him* move or threaten to move.  The Pegulas own the team. They will play along, but at their own time and for their own reasons. 

Maybe you are implying *he* will act as though he is forced? Hard to tell from what I read above. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Who will it be up to?

I’m not personally set either way. I think either, if done right, could be really cool. But both if done incorrectly, could really have a bad affect in the area as sell

Overall my general belief is that the Bills with help from the State & County  will renovate the current system. They should take a look at what the Chiefs and Packers have done in particular. Put the money into a well thought out renovation, while keeping its character and stay in Orchard Park. 

The amount of money it would cost to build a new stadium would involve...

1) buying current property and demolishing and setting up for said stadium. 

2) Adding some type of new thruway and/or metro to and from the city to help alleviate traffic (it was already a cluster from a 20K Sabres game, imagine a 60K-80K football game in A November/December snow storm.

3) New stadium, new mentality. It will be about corporate boxes and suites, PSL’s, along with a general massive raise in ticket prices. 

4) old stadium and property becomes what? A Bills hall of fame? Or does it just die there slowly... 

Im sure there’s more I haven’t listed. I just don’t believe it’s fiscally responsible for the team, state, county, tax payers, or ticket holders (which I am not), to build a new stadium downtown. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who will it be up to?

I suspect it will come down to a TBD poll, so if you want to be proactive, you could start that now. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

The Bills and a new stadium has been an issue since Frank Sedita was mayor.  A downtown stadium has its merits.  I live in Indy and Lucas Oil Stadium is used year around in conjunction with the convention center.  I understand the position of those who want it kept in Orchard Park.  Whatever is decided, get it done.  NYS is notorious for foot dragging on WNY projects.

NYS didn't drag its feet blowing money on "The Buffalo Billion".  Total scam.

And check out the Lucas Stadium bookings.  After the Final 4, there are 4 non NFL events through next January 10th.  The convention center has  6 events with projected attendance over 4000 through October--and that's with the belief that 7000 will attend "Women of Joy" and 13,500 will be there for "Sweets and Snacks"....  

16 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

It annoys me that the NFL keeps pushing for a new stadium or renovations. There is absolutely nothing wrong with our stadium. It is an old stadium but is very well taken care of and still looks great. It's funny, Lambeau Field is older than our stadium, Soldier Field is older than our stadium but the NFL never bugs them about going new

Uh, Lambeau had how many hundred million dollars renovation? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Chicago build an entirely new stadium and just kept the original facade or entry hates of the old joint? Like BCBS did with their downtown new old building? Hep me.

New stadium will be outdoors like Pittsburgh and in the city. IMO.  

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Please just say *it*. Are you saying the NFL can force *him* to do something? I know they can pressure them, but I’m not sure what *they* can force *him* to do. *They* can’t make *him* move or threaten to move.  The Pegulas own the team. They will play along, but at their own time and for their own reasons. 

Maybe you are implying *he* will act as though he is forced? Hard to tell from what I read above. .

Completely ignoring that the NFL can actually force a sale under certain conditions...long before it ever got to that point, the Pegulas would sell the team from the pressure of the other owners. Just like they can move your desk to the basement at work and fix the glitch on your paycheck. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who will it be up to?

If you can't figure it out, please remain the running the joke of this board then. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Eyeroll 1

Dear Santa, I’ve been a good um.. pretty good um.. how are you? 

For Xmas this year, I want a downtown, retractable roof dome for the Buffalo Bills. We’ve lived out in the boonies with no championships for a half century now. We’ve become a humorless country hick joke, but the times have changed. We finally have a team built like it’s 1964 all over again so we need to reclaim the city of our birth. It’s beyond time to get relevant with the rest of the cool kids.

Scrap the Rich/Ralph/BS/High. It was BORN ‘out to pasture’.

Your friend,

C#81

P.S. My sister says she doesn’t believe in you, so just bring her coal😉

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Every year we wait it just gets more expensive. Another round of renovations being half a billion dollars? Teams spent that much a decade ago building entirely new stadiums. 

Also, I laughed at this last line - "As the NFL’s only New York-based franchise, the Bills in 2013 were estimated to generate $20 million annually in state taxes."

I mean, it's not nothing but it's hardly something to point to for why the state should pony up a ton money lol

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Completely ignoring that the NFL can actually force a sale under certain conditions...long before it ever got to that point, the Pegulas would sell the team from the pressure of the other owners. Just like they can move your desk to the basement at work and fix the glitch on your paycheck. 

If you can't figure it out, please remain the running the joke of this board then. 

So you really believe that one of the “conditions” under which “The NFL can actually force a sale” of a team is....a stadium isn’t built or renovated? 

Speaking of parents, maybe one of yours should review your posts before you click “submit reply”...

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/31/2021 at 6:27 AM, CSBill said:

My vote: New Dome right beside Hammer's Lot.

They would probably need to build it on Hammers Lot if they are building it across the street from the current stadium :(

What would be wrong with a new, modest, outdoor stadium downtown? Seems like it’d be the perfect compromise and well within the range of economic reality. It’d have less seating capacity, but mostly under cover, and modest but modern amenities. (Heck, Josh Allen’s next contract is going to be close to the same price tag!) Get it done Buffalo! 

• Like (+1) 3

BTW the last 300m or so bought a coat of black paint and some boulders ;)

If your building again or renovating in Orchard Park do you think you could include some sidewalks in the budget ;) 

I'd like to apologize.  I was wrong. A convention center/stadium model makes the most sense.  But not just any convention center.  We need the world's biggest convention center.  A huge ceremony with Guinness book of world records certifying Buffalo as home of the world's largest convention center.  This will certainly drive massive amounts of people/revenue to the city.  It will work similarly as to how the monorail put Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook on the map.

Edited by Kelsayrundefense
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Kelsayrundefense said:

I'd like to apologize.  I was wrong. A convention center/stadium model makes the most sense.  But not just any convention center.  We need the world's biggest convention center.  A huge ceremony with Guinness book of world records certifying Buffalo as home of the world's largest convention center.  This will certainly drive massive amounts of people/revenue to the city.  It will work similarly as to how the monorail put Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook on the map.

I we  get the mono rail too ;)

Cancel the sidewalks  ;.)

Edited by JMF2006
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

It’ll probably become a Tim Hortons or Delta Sonic...

...or a very expensive OP subdivision($500k and up) with the footprint of the stadium becoming a retention pond with a jogging track around the perimeter.  

• Shocked 1

A renovation to Rich Stadium would be unlike anything that has previously taken place and quite possibly could displace the team for a portion of a season (or more).  Maybe the closest thing was the 1998 renovation when they added the clubs.

It would basically be rebuilding a new stadium in-place, much like they did in Chicago, Green Bay, and Kansas City.  The latest thing in 2013 or whatever, was largely cosmetic.

• Like (+1) 1