Bills opening stadium discussions with NYS and Erie County

Big Turk

Put it downtown.

Make it a dome so it can be used as a Convention Center offseason.

Tie in a couple hotels, and a bunch of bars and restaurants. That way I can fly up for a game and never leave "the compound" all weekend.

Boom, into the 21st century.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Whatever keeps the team in Buffalo.  I'd prefer a dome right next to where the stadium is now (preserves tailgating) as I've become less weather tolerant over the years.  Plus, I prefer optimal weather in every game so the more talented team that executes the best wins.  Something tells me they'll go with the cheapest option though and renovate the current stadium like they did Lambeau and Arrowhead. 

That's what should happen. Build a reasonable 1.5B dome on the existing site and leave the parking/tailgate areas in tack.  They don't need a 5B spaceship like SOFI.....

Edited by LABILLBACKER

I would prefer renovating the current stadium.  I love the sightlines and I believe the NFL experience there is truly unique and it is a draw for fans of other teams.  We have history there.  I like the elements.  I love Bills games, they are hopefully going to remain competitive and game experience will be that much better.  I am proud of what we have and every year that is preserved it will be more and more special and more of an attraction.

Second choice is an outdoor stadium with more of a roof in an adjacent parking lot in OP.

Third choice would be the outdoor stadium with roof downtown.

Fourth choice is an indoor stadium but with an open-air feel to it with natural light and a unique setup (that would be downtown no matter what IMO)

Last choice would be a Ford Field style sterile indoor where it feels like the games are played in about 80% light and every single game looks the same, devoid of atmosphere.

I dont think retractable is a realistic possibility for the cost and the climate. 

Edited by May Day 10

3 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I dont think retractable is a realistic possibility for the cost and the climate. 

Yep, retractable would be highly unlikely, and if they did do it, would only be open for the September games. Not in the winter which fans fantasize about.

They cant move those roofs in any type of weather. Certainly not in a lake effect storm.

Oh my...how did WNY ever survive the price increases when the Bills moved from the Rockpile to Rich or when the Sabres moved from the Aud?

Prices increase on all products....and people continue to buy them.  Some people need to stop acting like everyone will turn their backs on the Bills when they move to a new stadium. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Amazing what 26 billion dollars starts.

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Build new. 65,000 seat dome. Location will be the question. 

There is literally no point to renovate. It's a waste of time and money. Build new or leave it alone.

Renovations at thIs point may be futile for a number of reasons. In 5 years we will end up renovating again. If my memory serves correctly, we have sunk around 400 mil into 2 renovations and another 530 mil now? That just does not make sense but hey, we wont have a say anyways.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Amazing what 26 billion dollars starts.

Renovations at thIs point may be futile for a number of reasons. In 5 years we will end up renovating again. If my memory serves correctly, we have sunk around 400 mil into 2 renovations and another 530 mil now? That just does not make sense but hey, we wont have a say anyways.

This is the key point. You end up sinking 500 mil into Renos every 5 years and instead of a new stadium you will have spent the same cost in 10 years and gotten the same old stadium with pretty new signage and bigger concourses. Just stupid. Rebuild it already. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Just build the Downtown Dome and be done with this already. It really isn’t that hard. 

I love the stadium where it is, the way it is. However, when it gets to the point that my car needs repairs that amount to roughly half the cost of a new car, I get a new car. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Just my opinion based on a set of market realities; revenue outside football won't be meaningful, or very relevant to what the PSL or ticket prices will be.    new stadium, new pricing.  simple as that. 

MLB isn't coming and really big events likely will not generate meaningful revenue from such a small market , plus wrecking the football sightlines with a multi sport stadium won't happen. 

A $billion stadium cannot possibly be a smart investment.   Go the Lambeau route, just make what's there better.   Keep the vibe, its what makes the fan/player/community experience what it is.  

even if Bills numbers are half of that, it is insanely expensive for 3/4 of the seats.. and I am sure all kinds of other events are held in the meadowlands to "offset" the costs (haha)

you said it. Opinion. but your saying it like its fact.. MLB was just an example and you say it isn't wont or never will is crystal ball work. Small market has 0 to do with it. ITs about filling seats.. you bring a big name to buffalo and he will fill 62k seats in a domed stadium. There is only so many upgrades you can make to this stadium before you run out of things you can do. Big names come to domed stadiums. Its just fact. 

52 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not afraid of change but assuming you’re talking to others.  My points are what I expect.  Might as well deal with it.  The powers will want a shiny new revenue stream.  For those that hate it, at least you know we are here for as long as the Pegulas own the team.

Downside, get ready to pay a lot more, and maybe you go to a couple of games vs. seasons for the regular guy.  They know Buffalo’s market can’t afford Philly, Chicago type prices, but it’s going to go up dramatically.

you said it though and I applaud you for understand it. and again... I respect where your coming from.. just 2 different beliefs. 

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

.......The post you quoted literally says where I want it.

WHERE in orchard park do you want it?

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Arrowhead, and Lambeau Field, are doing just fine.

Been my feeling .. upgrade.. keep the ambience .., and while not as "historic" as Lambeau, has some history.. Greatest comeback.. snow games, which viewers seem to enjoy.. why mess with it? Dome stadiums suck IMHO.. 

11 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

WHERE in orchard park do you want it?

Once again: I already said where I want it. 

Follow the “build it on the site of the current stadium parking lot, and turn the current stadium site into the new parking lot” model, if possible.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Build new. 65,000 seat dome. Location will be the question. 

There is literally no point to renovate. It's a waste of time and money. Build new or leave it alone.

Depends on the extent of the renovations. If the Bills go dome-less it makes absolutely no sense to completely rebuild.  The sight lines in /Rich/ Ralph/ New Era/ Bills/ Highmark are outstanding. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Put it downtown.

Tie in a couple hotels, and a bunch of bars and restaurants. That way I can fly up for a game and never leave "the compound" all weekend.

I hate the idea of a downtown stadium - if you lose tailgating you lose the essence of Mafia dom

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I hate the idea of a downtown stadium - if you lose tailgating you lose the essence of Mafia dom

Ehh, to me, the real essence of Mafia-dom happens inside the stadium when we bring one of the most raucous environments for an opposing team to play in.

The "tailgating" we are now (in)famous for is just buffoonery that was added to make the games entertaining since the product on the field was so bad for so long. You can keep the "I had my first beer today" frat party. We can go back to the tailgating that was around back in the 80s-90s when it was centered around some good food before a good game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

Once again: I already said where I want it. 

Follow the “build it on the site of the current stadium parking lot, and turn the current stadium site into the new parking lot” model, if possible.

so new building old building next to each other, where they going to park?

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Put it downtown.

Yes the vaunted convention center idea.  So many people are looking to skip Las Vegas, Orlando and Chicago and come to Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 2