Bills opening stadium discussions with NYS and Erie County

Big Turk

8 hours ago, boater said:

Renovate Hallmark.

I am not copacetic with the increase in property taxes that would come with a new stadium. I bought my house in 2016 then experienced an immediate 8% jump in my mortgage. I'd like to avoid another soaking.

Your house value has probably nearly doubled in that time...which more than offsets it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

8 hours ago, boater said:

Renovate Hallmark.

I am not copacetic with the increase in property taxes that would come with a new stadium. I bought my house in 2016 then experienced an immediate 8% jump in my mortgage. I'd like to avoid another soaking.

did your taxes just get adjusted to what you bought the house for?

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 2

FAKE NEWS!!! FAKE NEWS, people!!! There was an EXTREMELY credible poster on this board who said he was taking his shovel to break ground on this long ago. What are we, in a time warp? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

A while ago many of us completed a survey by PSE soliciting fan input as to a new stadium - my vote was to stay in OP: new, rebuild, whatever. Love to know the results of the survey....

Edited by Commish

New stadiums aren't always better. As a long time Jets season ticket holder( I am a Bills fan though) I prefer Giants Stadium over MetLife. The only advantage MetLife offers is wider concourses and trips to the bathroom go much faster. That's it. What I was paying for at Giants Stadium was $1700 for everything. At MetLife its $3700 for everything including PSL fee. You know how they say **** runs down hill. Guess who is at the bottom of the hill.  The Johnson's and the Mara's aren't paying for MetLife and the Pegula's won't be paying for a new stadium either.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

It annoys me that the NFL keeps pushing for new or renovations. There is absolutely nothing wrong with our stadium. It is an old stadium but is very well taken care of and still looks great. It's funny, Lambeau Field is older than our stadium, Soldier Field is older than our stadium but the NFL never bugs them about going new

They both were renovated somewhat recently lol.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Renovate the Ralph.   A billion dollar stadium will drive ticket prices sky high and bring PSLs into the picture.   the area cannot afford that, the whole vibe will change forever

I don't know where they get $1 billion from. I remember reading that stadium report. A new stadium wasn't that much more than renovation because the way the current stadium is built.

Here is a link to the report from 2015.

The study estimates the cost of the Cobblestone domed stadium to be $787.6 million.

A similar stadium at the Exchange Street site would cost $784.6 million, while a domed facility at South Park would cost $911.9 million, due in large part to the higher site development costs there. Building an open-air stadium at either Exchange Street or South Park would reduce those costs by $188.6 million.

Meanwhile, renovating Ralph Wilson Stadium to modern NFL standards would cost $554.9 million, thanks largely to the fact that much of the seating bowl would probably have to be replaced.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/state-study-focuses-on-three-buffalo-sites-for-bills-stadium-as-well-as-the-ralph/article_236b9be2-2a6e-562b-a5d6-71be1c504179.html

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Renovate the Ralph.   A billion dollar stadium will drive ticket prices sky high and bring PSLs into the picture.   the area cannot afford that, the whole vibe will change forever

They are already in the picture. There is a PSL fee on my current club seats.

Edited by Mr Info
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

The team plays better in controlled environments and your now a passing team with a QB who will be around 10 more years hopefully. Build a dome

Only one problem...half of those 10 years would be spent arguing about the site, the financing and construction issues. A new stadium is at least 5 years away. 

That being said, I have been and remain in the “downtown dome” camp for years now. 

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BTB said:

Only one problem...half of those 10 years would be spent arguing about the site, the financing and construction issues. A new stadium is at least 5 years away. 

That being said, I have been and remain in the “downtown dome” camp for years now. 

I'm pretty sure they know exactly what they want and where. Funding discussions probably take up most of the next couple years. We'll be in a new stadium before Josh Allen turns 30.

They've already been doing this research for nearly a decade. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede