Bills opening stadium discussions with NYS and Erie County

Big Turk

Renovate Hallmark.

I am not copacetic with the increase in property taxes that would come with a new stadium. I bought my house in 2016 then experienced an immediate 8% jump in my mortgage. I'd like to avoid another soaking.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Build new. 65,000 seat dome. Location will be the question. 

1 minute ago, boater said:

Renovate Hallmark.

I am not copacetic with the increase in property taxes that would come with a new stadium. I bought my house in 2016 then experienced an immediate 8% jump in my mortgage. I'd like to avoid another soaking.

There is literally no point to renovate. It's a waste of time and money. Build new or leave it alone.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 7
  • Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Build new. 65,000 seat dome. Location will be the question. 

There is literally no point to renovate. It's a waste of time and money. Build new or leave it alone.

Leave it alone! We have a winner. Thank you for playing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

58 minutes ago, boater said:

Leave it alone! We have a winner. Thank you for playing.

I don't think they have much choice. I believe the NFL is pushing hard for them to get a more modern stadium. So the question is should the team move or should they get get a new stadium/update the existing?

There is no option C. "leave it alone". 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 6

If they're going to build a new stadium, I hope it stays in Orchard Park.

I can't remember which team's new stadium it was (Pittsburgh? Houston?), but they just built it on what used to be the parking lot of the old stadium, and turned the site of the old stadium into the new parking lot.

I'm all for whatever it takes to keep the Bills in Buffalo long term, but game days sure would lose a lot of their charm and what makes them special if the stadium left Orchard Park for downtown Buffalo. Having been to away games in city centers, I can say that the Bills game day experience is much, much, MUCH more fun and unique and special. 

Keep the Bills in Orchard Park.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Whatever keeps the team in Buffalo.  I'd prefer a dome right next to where the stadium is now (preserves tailgating) as I've become less weather tolerant over the years.  Plus, I prefer optimal weather in every game so the more talented team that executes the best wins.  Something tells me they'll go with the cheapest option though and renovate the current stadium like they did Lambeau and Arrowhead. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I don't think they have much choice. I believe the NFL is pushing hard for them to get a more modern stadium. So the question is should the team move or should they get get a new stadium/update the existing?

So only one option than... New stadium. NFL wants NEW!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Pretty much. I'm sure it gets done. I can't imagine the Bills putting $600 million into the current stadium. 

Personally, I love the sight lines of Rich as well as the location. I also love the tailgating and ticket prices. Should they build new all of that will radically change which isn’t appealing to me. 

The flip side is I hate the weather in the latter part of the year...I’m not 20 anymore. 

With all of that being said I lean towards keeping Rich. 

It annoys me that the NFL keeps pushing for a new stadium or renovations. There is absolutely nothing wrong with our stadium. It is an old stadium but is very well taken care of and still looks great. It's funny, Lambeau Field is older than our stadium, Soldier Field is older than our stadium but the NFL never bugs them about going new

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Logic said:

If they're going to build a new stadium, I hope it stays in Orchard Park.

I can't remember which team's new stadium it was (Pittsburgh? Houston?), but they just built it on what used to be the parking lot of the old stadium, and turned the site of the old stadium into the new parking lot.

I'm all for whatever it takes to keep the Bills in Buffalo long term, but game days sure would lose a lot of their charm and what makes them special if the stadium left Orchard Park for downtown Buffalo. Having been to away games in city centers, I can say that the Bills game day experience is much, much, MUCH more fun and unique and special. 

Keep the Bills in Orchard Park.

They did this in Atlanta with the old Fulton County stadium. The Olympic Stadium was built next door, then renovated for the Braves. The city also did it with the Mercedes Benz and old Georgia Dome.

I vote to build the new stadium downtown right by the water where the Sabres play. There is a ton of land and would bring Buffalo all the way back to glory. Now if some people don’t want that, I understand. I ask why? Taxes going up? Don’t want the stadium near where you live? concern about a change of traditions and new place to tailgate? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If they build new at the current location, there's the family that has the graveyard right in the middle of the OP Location. The original plan for Rich/Ralph/New Highmark stadium was to have the sidelines where the end zones are now. They needed to move the cemetery on the property. The family who owns the cemetary gave a flat out no. Just another kink into building where it is now. I would prefer a Downtown location (without a family cemetery on the property).