Bills hosting LB Tyrell Adams on visit (update - Signed)

Now here's a guy who plays the football, Al. He puts on the shoulder pads and he goes, "Hey, I'm coming for you, Mr. Quarterback Man!" He's a guy who does the tackles and tonight he'll have to do the tackles a lot if he wants to help his team not suck. Crisp Cobblinsworth. 

2 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

Joke about it - - but - - Edmunds may be gone this year on draft day!!

Yeah, I got attacked for saying that a month ago. They could be trying to move him to save face on the pick itself. If we get something good in return, no one will care.

1 minute ago, RunJoshRun said:

He's a two-time All-Pro for what-ever reason.  We should get a couple of decent picks!

Or possibly use him and a few picks to move up. When they paid Milano that told me that they’re at least thinking about it. Then many here said the Bills were “all in” on Edmunds which I think is nonsense. I guess we’ll see.

On 3/30/2021 at 6:13 PM, ScottLaw said:

And you wonder why that is?

A depth signing doesn’t really move the needle for a team with SB aspirations.... 

Perfectly predictable, it’s as if you were standing at stage right waiting for your chance at the big time...  every thing in its own vacuum...

Knowing nothing about Tyrell when the Bills announced the signing, I've since watched some Cover1 stuff on Twitter. While I don't know that it drastically changes anything for the Bills in terms of immediate production, I will say that I'm more impressed than the name would indicate.

Cover1 did a nice job of cutting some of the plays and showing what he can do and honestly, in terms of depth and adding to the overall roster - hard to believe there's much out there at this point, a.k.a. price point, that could do a better job of having a legitimate chance of adding depth to a position that needs it. JMO

13 hours ago, The Governor said:

He just jumps on the pile after the whistle like Edmunds?

The edmunds hate is getting a little bit out of hand

7 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

Joke about it - - but - - Edmunds may be gone this year on draft day!!

If somethings were like that were to happen he would not be because of Edmonds performance it would be because of the contract they would have to give him upcoming

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The edmunds hate is getting a little bit out of hand

If somethings were like that were to happen he would not be because of Edmonds performance it would be because of the contract they would have to give him upcoming

I’m not convinced that he’s trade able. We wouldn’t get more than a 3rd. But if it was included in a larger trade maybe it could happen. We aren’t going to pay both so what do you do? The decision doesn’t get any easier after next season and his stock might not get higher than it is right now. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

No... but I was hoping at least one FA signing would. Can't say they made any of those moves. 

Yeah other than Sanders maybe, which imo brings a little more than Smoke. But yeah, was hoping for a "impact" type player that could help get them over the hump. Cap situation has prevented that to some degree I guess. But we will see how things play out. Maybe a surprise player makes that difference hopefully.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The caps just an excuse.

Cut some dead weight on the team(Addison, maybe Butler) and restructure some contracts if necessary to get that inpact player. 

Who is that impact player tho? There wasn’t much to choose from in this free agency period. I don’t really view Ertz as an impact signing.

2 hours ago, The Governor said:

Who is that impact player tho? There wasn’t much to choose from in this free agency period. I don’t really view Ertz as an impact signing.

Potential impact players at DE/Edge:

Bud Dupree, 28 (TEN) - signed for 5 years/$82.5M, 2021 cap $5.1M    [2020: 8 sacks, 8 TFL, 15 QB hits]

Trey Hendrickson (CIN) - signed for 4 yr/$60M, 2021 cap $12.5M        [2020: 13.5 sacks, 14 TFL, 28 QB hits]

Matt Judon, 29 (NE) - signed for 4 yr/$54.5, 2021 cap $6.4                   [2020: 6 sacks, 9 TFL, 21 QB hits]

Carl Lawson, 26 (NYJ) - signed for 3 yr/$15M, 2021 cap $14.3M           [2020: 5.5 sacks, 4 TFL, 32 QB hits]

JJ Watt, 32 (AZ) - signed for 2 yrs, $28M, 2021 cap $4.9M.                  [2020: 5 sacks,14 TFL,17 QB hits]

Yannick Ngakoue, 26 (LV) - signed for 2 yrs, $26M, 2021 cap $13M     [2020: 8 sacks, 7 TFL, 11 QB hits]

Shaq Barrett (who I would have loved), Romeo Okwara, and Carlos Dunlap chose to re-up with their current teams.

Production on Bills:

Jerry Hughes 4.5 sacks, 4 TFL, 11 QB hits

Mario Addison 5 sacks, 7 TFL, 8 QB hits

AJ Epenesa   1 sack, 3 TFL, 4 QB hits

The way I look at it, QB hits are "skirting the line" - if the ball is gone and the ref decides you took too many steps, then they're a penalty.

Clearly there are a couple of FA who could have helped us - Trey Hendrickson led the list for me, followed by Yannick Ngakoue. 

But for a lot of them, when you really look into it, there may be some aspect of "bright shiny!"  And of course the Bills aren't just looking at sack or TFL production - they're looking at how does this guy play every snap, how does he execute what we believe to be his assignment?

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

No... but I was hoping at least one FA signing would. Can't say they made any of those moves. 

You mean other then signing the best cover linebacker and ORT in free agency?

And Sanders is a stud.......we dont know how much Smoke even has left in the tank after last year's injury season

54 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Brown gave the Bills nothing against the Chiefs and we couldn't score, Sanders is durable.

An over 70 percent win rate against press coverage

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Weren't those guys on the team when the Chiefs stomped us? 

I like Sanders but color me skeptical that a 34 YO receiver who at this stage in his career you could argue he's not much better than John Brown. 

KC lost their offensive line that they used to stomp us.....

We could play this game all day

• Like (+1) 1