Bills hosting LB Tyrell Adams on visit (update - Signed)

7 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Who got excited about LorAx signing a few years ago? His journey is similar --  you never know.

Yeah was amazing how he turned out at LB after the other teams and positions he played. I remember I was "meh" back then when Bills signed him. I was pleasantly surprised though.

But yeah, would be wonderful if they could get another player like him. I have my doubts though.

30 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Would love some back up no name to come into training camp and challenge Edmunds for playing time and maybe even a starting spot.  He is a weak link and must up his game this coming season.  Everyone likes to say he is young.  Well he is going into his 4th season.  Time to man up or go play another sport.  

Let's check in next year on this. Many experts coaches and players disagree with you on this. Pro Bowl may be overrated, but it's usually that players get in on reputation, but in this case, what reputation? Maybe they're seeing something you don't. He was the captain and middle linebacker on a Top 3 defense just two years ago. Maybe we should take into account that last year was a very weird season plus he was playing hurt for most of it. 

Also, dude was playing with one arm yet people here were calling him soft. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Everyone likes to say he is young.  Well he is going into his 4th season.  Time to man up or go play another sport.  

This doesn’t make too much sense to me personally. He can be in his 4th NFL season and still be young... then again I don’t get off by telling 23 year olds they need to man up on message boards. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Solid replacement for Del'Shawn Phillips. 

Can you replace something that doesn't exist?

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Can you replace something that doesn't exist?

just because he didn't produce stats mean he doesn't exist.  An example is on Special Teams, he could have blocked someone which allowed a teammate to tackle a guy etc. 

Edited by The Jokeman

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

just because he didn't produce stats mean he doesn't exist.  An example is on Special Teams, he could have blocked someone which allowed a teammate to tackle a guy etc. 

He logged 2 games

20 hours ago, wppete said:

Terrible against the run, easily blocked, goes backwards. Looked decent against the pass.

He's looks kind of small, not very fast, like he doesn't hit very hard and a lot of his tackles were down the field for first downs. If I were him I'd try to have that one taken down, but what do I know?

I trust Beane, so I'm glad they signed a guy they liked. These one year contracts can always be camp cuts if it doesn't work out.

Edit: I think it's amazing that you can instantly find video on just about any player at any time. It makes FA signings so much more interesting.

Edited by Gene Frenkle
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thurst44 said:

Let's check in next year on this. Many experts coaches and players disagree with you on this. Pro Bowl may be overrated, but it's usually that players get in on reputation, but in this case, what reputation? Maybe they're seeing something you don't. He was the captain and middle linebacker on a Top 3 defense just two years ago. Maybe we should take into account that last year was a very weird season plus he was playing hurt for most of it. 

Also, dude was playing with one arm yet people here were calling him soft. 

You make some good points especially the one arm thing...

However, I just have not seen him dominate a whole lot over his 3 seasons.  I was hoping w all the hype on him being this young phenom being drafted at age 20, that he would turn into a Bobby Wagner type player who just knocks the stuffing out of guys.  I love the Bills and want every player to play lights out.  I hope Edmunds can become that this season.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

He had 125 tackles while starting just 12 games in 2020. At or around vet min, he'd be a steal!! But his PFF grade is kinda poor.

So he reacts late but recovers decently and tackles? Sounds like Edmunds lite:)

I like, no love the signing! - need guys like him to cover Kelce!!

He just jumps on the pile after the whistle like Edmunds?

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1