Which QB do you want the Jets to draft?

QB1 for New Jersey Jets  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hope is the QB of the Jets?

• Zach Wilson, BYU
    • Justin Fields, tOSU
    • Sam Darnold, incumbent (plus a ton of talent)

Wilson as am biased that most BYU QBs are over rated. Toss in he's on the smaller size and most scouting reports have him as system guy and  not always at his best in the pocket and doesn't throw guys open which important in the NFL. I think he's getting over hyped and think Justin Fields a better prospect.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

37 minutes ago, TBBills said:

TBH I don't think it matters, whoever goes to the Jets will suck. :)

kinda my take on it. I don’t know enough about it to make an opinion. I do know two things:

Whoever it is, the media will fondle them endlessly and anoint them the best QB in the AFC East the first time they tie their cleats properly. 

They will more than likely flame out and never amount to anything. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I didn’t see totally F ing up the draft and keeping Darnold as a choice, so I didn’t make a selection...

38 minutes ago, DJB said:

Fields has huge upside but he has real difficulties moving through his progressions. 

Wilson has capped upside similar to a Baker Mayfield but he's safer than Fields. 

Great writeup on Fields here. 

https://www.dynastyfootballlife.com/justin-fields

I agree on Fields. 100%. It is why I have advocated that his fit is in a Shanny style scheme that simplifies reads and runs lots of half field and 1 defender reads. The Jets are one of those teams, having taken Mike LaFleur from that tree to be OC. 

As for Wilson, I think he ceiling is higher than Baker's. I do agree though there is a question about where the ceiling is. He is gonna be good, and good for a while, does he have the potential to be elite? Fair question.

I don't really want the Jets getting any of these 4 QBs. Think all have a chance to be good. History tells us they won't all "hit" but I think all 4 of these are legit prospects and if I was an NFL team without a QB I'd be trying to get one of them.

46 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

kinda my take on it. I don’t know enough about it to make an opinion. I do know two things:

Whoever it is, the media will fondle them endlessly and anoint them the best QB in the AFC East the first time they tie their cleats properly. 

They will more than likely flame out and never amount to anything. 

The Bills' Wang was the first player of Chinese ancestry to be drafted into or play in the NFL. Do you feel the media fondled Wang endlessly?

With the 2nd pick of the NFL draft, I want the Jets to pick Dustin Crum QB Kent State.  Is he a reach, sure, but the OP asked which QB do I want the Jets to draft. and as a Bills fan, I want the Jets to make the worst possible decision.  Plus, when he plays poorly the NY Post & Daily News back pages can say "Crum-y QB sinks Jets"