The Pandemic is OVER!! Live Music Returns

Chef Jim

We are down to two concerts left from what was cancelled/moved to this year.  Barenaked Ladies in July was moved from last July.  Airborne Toxic Event was moved from last March to March of 2022.  And we just bought Chris Stapleton tickets for this July.  I'm most curious about how they might do social distancing when all these seats were sold from before the pandemic.  

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I suspect that many concert venues are going to require proof of vaccination.  Wife and I were supposed to see the Avett Brothers last spring at Ommegong Brewery, was postponed until April 2021, and now postponed until April 2022.  Suxxx.

A buddy went to a concert at the Roxy Theater at The Battery (where the Atlanta Braves play) last weekend. He said he couldn’t remember such a large crowd around The Battery. Took an hour to get out of parking! BUT, the theater was set up with crowd barricades sectioning off tables for four (like a comedy club) with ample distance between tables. Had to do THREE shows to make up for limited space. The theater was the safest place there! 

The concert wasn’t the draw, unless the other two shows were just mingling pre and post concert?  Lots of bars and restaurants in the surrounding area. He stopped someone and asked “WTF is going on with this crowd?” The response was “I have no idea! This is crazy!” I wonder if it would have caught his attention 18 months ago? 

People just want to be out, I guess? It’s warming up? Many people feel safer with a shot or two? No idea, but I’m still avoiding that kind of situation. All in good time, not yet for me. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

We are down to two concerts left from what was cancelled/moved to this year.  Barenaked Ladies in July was moved from last July.  Airborne Toxic Event was moved from last March to March of 2022.  And we just bought Chris Stapleton tickets for this July.  I'm most curious about how they might do social distancing when all these seats were sold from before the pandemic.  

Seats?  What are those??   😁

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Not all of us old people have the stamina like you to hang out on the barrier all night. 

It’s funny but the past couple years I’ve been using a stand up desk. I stand (well I lean a lot) about 8 hours a day. 

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I suspect that many concert venues are going to require proof of vaccination.  Wife and I were supposed to see the Avett Brothers last spring at Ommegong Brewery, was postponed until April 2021, and now postponed until April 2022.  Suxxx.

I'm still sitting on my rolling stones tickets 😁😂

21 hours ago, Just Jack said:

If you are talking about Lakeview I am really curious about it too.

I saw Ryan McMahon say in a press conference a couple weeks ago that they were planning on shows there this summer but with social distancing measures that would cap out around 5k people. 

I can't imagine how that would work with the shows that were rescheduled or how that could attract any new acts when you take an 18k venue down to that size. Just doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort for the artists. Or at least not worth it for the quality of acts that place typically supports.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just had another concert, rescheduled from last summer to this summer, rescheduled again for next summer.  

On 3/31/2021 at 2:55 PM, Metal Man said:

If you are talking about Lakeview I am really curious about it too.

I saw Ryan McMahon say in a press conference a couple weeks ago that they were planning on shows there this summer but with social distancing measures that would cap out around 5k people. 

I can't imagine how that would work with the shows that were rescheduled or how that could attract any new acts when you take an 18k venue down to that size. Just doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort for the artists. Or at least not worth it for the quality of acts that place typically supports.

Yep. Lakeview. I did see a concert scheduled for State Fair time, but now it's gone off the events calendar.  I guess we'll see in June how they will deal with the crowds.

https://www.asmsyracuse.com/events

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Simon locked this topic