Bills sign OT Bobby Hart

nato7412

Bills fans were up in arms over the signing yesterday based on some terrible looking film.  But if he’s as bad as some believe, there’s a chance he might not even make the final roster.  I’m going to wait and see how he transitions

21 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

You know something, after doing a little bit of research I think you are right about being more built for center. I was basing my earlier opinion on hearing reports that the Bills were prepared to let Bates fight for the starting tackle spot if Williams had not been re-signed. I can’t recall who reported that early on in the offseason, but I do remember thinking it was someone with sources inside One Bills Drive. 

You are not wrong in your initial assessment. Bates' calling card when we traded for him was his versatility. He has played Tackle decently as well.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Seems pretty straight-forward. The Bills have their starting OTs, they want veteran competition for the swing OT, but they don't have much $$ to spend; and they will most likely take an OT in the draft, but in case it's in R5 or later, they at least have this vet in the mix.  

22 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Bills fans were up in arms over the signing yesterday based on some terrible looking film.  But if he’s as bad as some believe, there’s a chance he might not even make the final roster.  I’m going to wait and see how he transitions

Not just film (!) , a friend who is a Bengals fan was positively ecstatic that some team took Hart away. About as scientific as that statement gets, but he thought Hart was too terrible to even be a backup

We acquired a players who has 40+ starts in the league for close to the minimum without any significant guarantees.  This is what winning organizations do in advance of the draft.   We have our starting five (regardless of how you define the LG position) and backups at all of the positions secured going into the draft.   Good bargain signing.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/30/2021 at 3:28 PM, nucci said:

I'm gonna need to see the numbers first...better be a team friendly deal....

may not even make the team

I love it when fans say, I’m gonna need to see the numbers... as if it makes any difference what we fans think about anything... 😂

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/2/2021 at 2:26 PM, Don Otreply said:

I love it when fans say, I’m gonna need to see the numbers... as if it makes any difference what we fans think about anything... 😂

Especially when this player signs a vet minimum contract!

• Like (+1) 1