Is Aldon Smith worth a look?

45 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

His street name is SVYS (“Sous Vide Your Soul”). Don’t be frontin’

You learn something new everyday, thank you... From the Urban Dictionary online:

frontin

“Urban slang. To put up a facade or make appearances, typically to impress or in some way deceive to maintain image. From 'to front'.”

He be frontin' - that Benz be a rental!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=frontin

Edited by wppete

4 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

Teams should be held accountable in some way when they sign players with multiple legal issues.  If you want to employ a guy with multiple DUIs, weapon charges, and domestic abuse arrests, you take the risk of losing a draft pick or getting fined if the player commits another crime while employed.  I thought there was talk of this a while back?  

why?

On 3/30/2021 at 12:10 PM, BeastMode54 said:

He doesn't seem like a bad guy, and has had serious ups and downs with alcohol. He has made an effort to get his sh#t together and seems to be on the straight and narrow now. He was one of the most physical freaks I have ever seen. I don't want anything to ruin the locker room dynamic and team feel, but I think the Bills would be possibly the best organization for him to thrive in because of that the team unity. Add in Poyers admitted alcohol issues, he would have a huge, supportive group around him to make sure he is able to succeed at the best of his ability. Thoughts?

How has his performance been lately?

On 3/30/2021 at 9:10 AM, BeastMode54 said:

He doesn't seem like a bad guy, and has had serious ups and downs with alcohol. He has made an effort to get his sh#t together and seems to be on the straight and narrow now. He was one of the most physical freaks I have ever seen. I don't want anything to ruin the locker room dynamic and team feel, but I think the Bills would be possibly the best organization for him to thrive in because of that the team unity. Add in Poyers admitted alcohol issues, he would have a huge, supportive group around him to make sure he is able to succeed at the best of his ability. Thoughts?

...and here we go again. That straight and narrow was pretty short-lived. I like the one in 2014 where he was arrested at the LA Airport for telling everyone he had a bomb - that was probably his most original stupid.

The dude's resume reads like a broken record and folks give him props because he somehow found the inner strength not to do something stupid for a stretch. Puhlease - give me players who are competitive and have a hunger for the game, but can stay out of a police lineup.

https://www.wafb.com/2021/04/20/nfl-player-aldon-smith-wanted-connection-with-assault-st-bernard-parish/

• Like (+1) 3