Virtual off season = trade pick 30?

Do we trade 30 for a vet should virtual off seasons become mandated?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do we trade 30 for a vet should virtual off seasons become mandated?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Putin said:

I am NOT trading with Minnesota they will draft a DE at 30 who will have 15 sacks and a DROY !!! 

If we're following that same logic (Diggs & Jefferson), Hunter will have 20 sacks and help get us to the Super Bowl. 

8 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

I don't think being virtual is a decision criteria. Is there good value at a position of need that makes your team better than who is expected to be available?

Correct. While we had Diggs come in as a veteran and learn the offense quickly, so did rookie 4th Round pick Gabriel Davis. 

There isn’t a vet to be had. I would be all for trading a pick for a vet if one made sense. WR 1 was this teams biggest need going into 2020 and Diggs was out on the market and fit that mold. He was fairy young on a big but solid contract and the price was right for both parties. This off-season there just isn’t a big time player out there as far as a pass rusher. Draft a player there and hopefully you get a good talent that can be cost controlled for awhile.

Edited by billsfan89

7 hours ago, rayray808 said:

if Mac Jones drops, I bet someone moves up at 30

That could actually happen to get that 5th year so he can develop and be kept on the cheap.

I trust our guys to do the right thing, but if we can move back a few spots and pick up extra draft ammo to move around, I can see Beane making the move. 

It ALL DEPENDS upon who is on the board, and what it takes to move up or down. Staying put, moving up or moving down.....nothing would surprise me with Beane at the helm. Moving is as likely as staying put, in my mind.  🤷‍♂️

On 3/29/2021 at 3:51 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

Trading a first round pick for someone would involve squeezing in their contract to our cap situation and paying them much more than a Rookie. Not to mention it would have Beane trading his first away two seasons in a row. I don't see it.

This^^^^^

Last year the Bills had the cap space to afford the luxury of trading the 22nd pick to MN (which turned into Justin Jefferson at $2.4mil) for Steph Diggs at $14.2mil. That cap space is no longer. We have enough to sign our 2021 draft picks, and maybe a few more camp bodies/Cinderella prospects. But that's about it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

This^^^^^

Last year the Bills had the cap space to afford the luxury of trading the 22nd pick to MN (which turned into Justin Jefferson at $2.4mil) for Steph Diggs at $14.2mil. That cap space is no longer. We have enough to sign our 2021 draft picks, and maybe a few more camp bodies/Cinderella prospects. But that's about it.

The Bills have enough cap space to do anything... And that goes for just about every team. People keep saying this and end up being wrong every time.