Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

Except this officer has a history of doing this same technique without anyone dead.

This is the first I've heard this. After Googling I can't find anything to back up your claim. Do you have evidence of this officer kneeling on another's head for over 9 minutes? 

Edited by 716er

1 minute ago, 716er said:

This is the first I've heard this. After Googling I can't find anything to back up your claim. Do you have evidence of this officer kneeling on another's head for over 9 minutes? 

Well it was brought up in opening statements I believe. 

LIVE: Chauvin Trial Day 2 – State Calls ‘Use of Force’ and Other Witnesses

Welcome to our LIVE coverage of the murder trial of former police officer Derek Chauvin, over the in-custody death of George Floyd.  I’ll be live blogging the court’s proceedings all day in real-time!

(more…)

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/03/live-chauvin-trial-day-2-state-calls-use-of-force-and-other-witnesses/

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

I'm not a psychologist but it does not matter:

9+ minutes - face down - in cuffs - surrounded by officers - no matter what this guy did leading up to his death - he was not in a position to cause harm on anyone.

Before we continue this conversation you accused him of murder.  Which?  1st/2nd/3rd?  

44 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Before we continue this conversation you accused him of murder.  Which?  1st/2nd/3rd?  

Before I can answer that - I need to know if its been confirmed they worked together at a club? Is there any history there that we don't know about it?

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Before I can answer that - I need to know if its been confirmed they worked together at a club? Is there any history there that we don't know about it?

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

22 hours ago, BillStime said:

Would Floyd have lost consciousness at 8:25 pm and been pronounced dead at 9:25 pm if Chauvin did not kneel on his neck?

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

Correct Jim - officers are allowed to use deadly force only when a suspect presents an imminent danger. 

There is no reason a cop, with back up, needs to kneel on someones neck for over 9 minutes.

This guy was cuffed.

He was not a threat.

He was murdered.

21 minutes ago, BillStime said:

In order dude. You brought up murder 1st/2nd or 3rd?  Then we can proceed.  

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I'm good.  We will let the jury decide. 

So now it's all on the jury to decide.  Not long ago you accused him of murder.  

It's easy.  1st/2nd or 3rd?  

Just now, BillStime said:

How can one answer YOUR question when questions remain about their history? Do they have a history?

Yes.   1st/2nd or 3rd. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

So now it's all on the jury to decide.  Not long ago you accused him of murder.  

It's easy.  1st/2nd or 3rd?  

It's ALL on the jury. Since when do we have anything more than an OPINION?

How can one answer YOUR question when questions remain about their history? Do they have a history?

Just now, BillStime said:

It's ALL on the jury. Since when do we have anything more than an OPINION?

My question is asking you to clarify your accusation.  That's all. Pretty simple.  

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My question is asking you to clarify your accusation.  That's all. Pretty simple.  

So you're suggesting that Chauvin remained kneeling on Floyd's neck after he was rendered unconscious w/o a pulse, for a total of 9:29 just in case he came back to life and attempted to attack him from a handcuffed prone position with four cops on scene?

The guy is dead man - you call it what YOU want - you label it WHATEVER DEGREE makes you sleep better at night - but in my eyes - Floyd was murdered. 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

So you're suggesting that Chauvin remained kneeling on Floyd's neck after he was rendered unconscious w/o a pulse, for a total of 9:29 just in case he came back to life and attempted to attack him from a handcuffed prone position with four cops on scene?

The guy is dead man - you call it what YOU want - you label it WHATEVER DEGREE makes you sleep better at night - but in my eyes - Floyd was murdered. 

1st/2nd/3rd.  These are our options.  Aaaaaaaaand go!  

Oh to make it easier I'll show you mine.  Voluntary Manslaughter.  

35 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

1st/2nd/3rd.  These are our options.  Aaaaaaaaand go!  

Oh to make it easier I'll show you mine.  Voluntary Manslaughter.  

I don't know a ton about criminal law but third-degree murder generally would fit facts like this.