Jump to content

Derek Chauvin Trial


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

 

you also cannot just look at one set of datapoints and say case closed. not saying you personally. i dont know. but many are.

 

disparity. a higher percentage of blacks are killed by police. case closed.  racism.

 

but when the same percentages are used to show a certain race is at a higher percentage to commit violent crimes, the disparity is given a excuse even although that leads directly to a higher percentage of interactions between the two groups in the first place. 

 

so blacks are at a higher percentage of being killed by cops but also at a higher percentage of killing cops themselves

 

https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2019/tables/table-42.xls

 

this is a important point! as it leads to both sides interacting with each other knowing  can be a more dangerous encounter, because statistically it is. bias unconcious whatever the factor when your life is on the line it will not be ignored.saying stop thinking that way to only one side is not a solution.

 

my issue is the second half of the story and percentage ive shown is VERY hard to find and labeled racist if you do!  the media is saturating the public with the first half only and burying the second so people don't even concider it or even worse know very well but excuse it. there isn't any honesty about the facts or anger towards the manipulation we all are being overloaded with

 

noone cares about honesty. that's not how problems get fixed and unfortunatly society seem to be on a unstoppable path in the wrong direction. 

 

has anyone in here actually sat down and watched videos of police doing everyday stops being very professional and in a split second getting gunned down? same families left without loved ones as any other, regardless of race. thats part of this story as well!! 

 

 

Thank you. I knew the second part and thought about making it.  You made it better. The demographic distribution of cop killers is almost the same rate as killed by cops(shocking right?). Also there is a data set that if you look at total police contact rates, whites are more likely to be killed per contact. 
 

Like many here, I’m growing tired of this everything is racist narrative crammed down our throats daily. 
 

And yeah find the dash cam video of an officer in New Mexico pull over a guy which starts out pleasant and ends with a dead officer on the roadside. Why isn’t this getting reported the same way? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's frustrating when you have one side saying that cops are inherently racist and want to kill black people and the counter to that is something like 99% of police officers are great public servants just doing their job the best they can.  You're not anti cop if you point out there are some serious systemic problems in US police departments in many major cities.  You're also not racist if you don't buy the BLM narrative that cops are looking to kill black people.  I don't even like to get into these debates because people feel they have to choose a side.



Any chance violent crime is part of the ‘systematic’ problem in policing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:



Any chance violent crime is part of the ‘systematic’ problem in policing? 

   I don't think so, every time I post something along these lines either no one responds

or a few of the lefties leave a sad face.

   We are living in some real funny times times.

    

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:



Any chance violent crime is part of the ‘systematic’ problem in policing? 

I said systemic and the higher rate of black violent crime absolutely has to do with it.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:



Any chance violent crime is part of the ‘systematic’ problem in policing? 

 

Of the world's incarcerated population, the land of the free claims 25%. Think about that. 25% of all the people on the planet that are locked up are here in America. One out of every four. How much of the world's human population does the land of the free represent? 4%? 5%?

 

Now, think about the wording of the 13th amendment. Read it. Read it again. Think about the brutally racist history of this country.

 

Ask yourself, is it an accident?

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

 

Of the world's incarcerated population, the land of the free claims 25%. Think about that. 25% of all the people on the planet that are locked up are here in America. One out of every four. How much of the world's human population does the land of the free represent? 4%? 5%?

 

Now, think about the wording of the 13th amendment. Read it. Read it again. Think about the brutally racist history of this country.

 

Ask yourself, is it an accident?

 

 


I see.  So you’re saying that places like China accurately report the number of people incarcerated?  
 

I suggest you look at the brutal “racist”history of the human race.  We are not alone in this.  Read a history book some day. We’ve slaughter millions and millions of other humans that don’t fit our tribe. 
 

Hate wasn’t invented here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

 

Of the world's incarcerated population, the land of the free claims 25%. Think about that. 25% of all the people on the planet that are locked up are here in America. One out of every four. How much of the world's human population does the land of the free represent? 4%? 5%?

 

Now, think about the wording of the 13th amendment. Read it. Read it again. Think about the brutally racist history of this country.

 

Ask yourself, is it an accident?

 

 

What? Was this the goal? To have less people incarcerated? Or is to have less people committing crimes? We aren’t just tossing random people in prison in America! This issue takes way more study than you’re giving it. And your racism conclusion is utter nonsense. Nobody is in prison for the crime of being black! 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

MINNEAPOLIS CANCELS SCHOOL FOR CHAUVIN RIOTS

 

The Minneapolis Public Schools are shutting down next week in anticipation of a verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial:

Quote


Minneapolis Public Schools are suspending in-person learning next week as the state awaits a verdict in the murder trial against Derek Chauvin.

 

 

Why? In anticipation of riots, looting and arson, presumably:

Quote

 

“Our community is moving through an extraordinarily challenging time as we react to the killing of former MPS student Daunte Wright by a Brooklyn Center police officer, just as testimony in the trial of former officer Derek Chauvin in the death of George Floyd concludes and the case goes to the jury,” Ed Graff, the district superintendent, wrote to parents.

“We anticipate that a verdict in the Chauvin case could impact in-person learning in Minneapolis Public Schools.”

 

 

So the schools will be closed Wednesday through Friday next week. What if the jury hasn’t reached verdict by Friday? Presumably they will stay shut down the following week.

 

Like so much that is going on these days, this is utter madness. Did the Los Angeles schools close down when the O.J. Simpson jury was deliberating? Not that I remember. Is it really probable that rioters incensed over the Chauvin jury’s verdict (whatever it may be) will attack elementary schools in a fit of rage? Doesn’t seem likely. Or maybe the concern is that students in the older grades will themselves riot and destroy their own schools.

 

One thing for certain is that school seems increasingly dispensable. It used to be considered important for children to go to school. Covid, which was less serious for young people than the average seasonal flu and yet caused schools to close down across the country, showed how little parents, students and “educators” value learning. The absurdity of a school shutdown in anticipation of a jury verdict is just icing on the cake.

 

https://patch.com/minnesota/southwestminneapolis/minneapolis-suspend-person-school-derek-chauvin-verdict

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

 

MINNEAPOLIS CANCELS SCHOOL FOR CHAUVIN RIOTS

 

The Minneapolis Public Schools are shutting down next week in anticipation of a verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial:

 

Why? In anticipation of riots, looting and arson, presumably:

 

So the schools will be closed Wednesday through Friday next week. What if the jury hasn’t reached verdict by Friday? Presumably they will stay shut down the following week.

 

Like so much that is going on these days, this is utter madness. Did the Los Angeles schools close down when the O.J. Simpson jury was deliberating? Not that I remember. Is it really probable that rioters incensed over the Chauvin jury’s verdict (whatever it may be) will attack elementary schools in a fit of rage? Doesn’t seem likely. Or maybe the concern is that students in the older grades will themselves riot and destroy their own schools.

 

One thing for certain is that school seems increasingly dispensable. It used to be considered important for children to go to school. Covid, which was less serious for young people than the average seasonal flu and yet caused schools to close down across the country, showed how little parents, students and “educators” value learning. The absurdity of a school shutdown in anticipation of a jury verdict is just icing on the cake.

 

https://patch.com/minnesota/southwestminneapolis/minneapolis-suspend-person-school-derek-chauvin-verdict

 

 

When I was in school it was basically our job... household chores were our side job lol.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

 

MINNEAPOLIS CANCELS SCHOOL FOR CHAUVIN RIOTS

 

The Minneapolis Public Schools are shutting down next week in anticipation of a verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial:

 

Why? In anticipation of riots, looting and arson, presumably:

 

So the schools will be closed Wednesday through Friday next week. What if the jury hasn’t reached verdict by Friday? Presumably they will stay shut down the following week.

 

Like so much that is going on these days, this is utter madness. Did the Los Angeles schools close down when the O.J. Simpson jury was deliberating? Not that I remember. Is it really probable that rioters incensed over the Chauvin jury’s verdict (whatever it may be) will attack elementary schools in a fit of rage? Doesn’t seem likely. Or maybe the concern is that students in the older grades will themselves riot and destroy their own schools.

 

One thing for certain is that school seems increasingly dispensable. It used to be considered important for children to go to school. Covid, which was less serious for young people than the average seasonal flu and yet caused schools to close down across the country, showed how little parents, students and “educators” value learning. The absurdity of a school shutdown in anticipation of a jury verdict is just icing on the cake.

 

https://patch.com/minnesota/southwestminneapolis/minneapolis-suspend-person-school-derek-chauvin-verdict

 

 

It's pry the right call as this is pry the most high profile police case since Rodney King.  If there's anything close to what happened in LA then transportation to and from school would put kids in unnecessary danger.  Besides the buses you also have high school students that take public transit system. 

 

A lot of schools will also be surrounded by the National Guard making it even more of a headache for bus drivers and parents picking their kids up as there would be a lot of detours.  It's to keep the students, parents, and teachers safe.  No different than snow days around here.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2021 at 1:17 AM, Thurmal34 said:

 

Of the world's incarcerated population, the land of the free claims 25%. Think about that. 25% of all the people on the planet that are locked up are here in America. One out of every four. How much of the world's human population does the land of the free represent? 4%? 5%?

 

Now, think about the wording of the 13th amendment. Read it. Read it again. Think about the brutally racist history of this country.

 

Ask yourself, is it an accident?

 

 

Do you believe that less than 20 million chinese are enslaved or in a situation worse than an american jail? If you do you are worse than stupid. Please think before you simply repeat what google tells you. The Uighers are at least 12 million in camps. Now count the people in forced camps in the middle east. Your comment is the epitome of not understanding life outside the US and thinking jail is worse thing you can experience while alive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2021 at 10:24 AM, B-Man said:

 

MINNEAPOLIS CANCELS SCHOOL FOR CHAUVIN RIOTS

 

The Minneapolis Public Schools are shutting down next week in anticipation of a verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial:

 

Why? In anticipation of riots, looting and arson, presumably:

 

So the schools will be closed Wednesday through Friday next week. What if the jury hasn’t reached verdict by Friday? Presumably they will stay shut down the following week.

 

Like so much that is going on these days, this is utter madness. Did the Los Angeles schools close down when the O.J. Simpson jury was deliberating? Not that I remember. Is it really probable that rioters incensed over the Chauvin jury’s verdict (whatever it may be) will attack elementary schools in a fit of rage? Doesn’t seem likely. Or maybe the concern is that students in the older grades will themselves riot and destroy their own schools.

 

One thing for certain is that school seems increasingly dispensable. It used to be considered important for children to go to school. Covid, which was less serious for young people than the average seasonal flu and yet caused schools to close down across the country, showed how little parents, students and “educators” value learning. The absurdity of a school shutdown in anticipation of a jury verdict is just icing on the cake.

 

https://patch.com/minnesota/southwestminneapolis/minneapolis-suspend-person-school-derek-chauvin-verdict

 

 

Well, look at how those thugs in the Rodney King case got set free without any punishment. Makes the blood boil still. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone get ready for middle class white, suburban socialists and anarchists to ride into urban cities and burn down black communities, while spray painting BLM on everything they see...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

Today we’re expecting to hear the closing arguments from the prosecution and the defense (likely with a follow-up rebuttal closing by the prosecution), as well as to have the jury given the final instructions intended to guide them in their application of Minnesota law to the facts of this case as they alone determine those facts to have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

 

So far, that’s the normal course of business in any criminal trial in America.

 

What’s not normal, of course, is the judicial terrorism raging around this case.

 

Terrorism, of course, is the use of non-state violence to achieve political ends.  What we are seeing currently in America is the use of violence to achieve purported “justice,” in the twisted and profoundly anti-American view of “justice” that is held by militant factions of such groups as Black Lives Matter, Antifa, and other proponents of mob rage and violence and destruction, in which “justice” is defined not by the process but by the outcome.

 

As one example, the UK-based Daily Mail is reporting that the former home of defense use-of-force expert witness Barry Brodd was vandalized with blood last night—and in case there was any ambiguity in the messaging, a severed pig’s head was also left behind.  Although this act of judicial terrorism has gone largely unreported by the US press.

 

Given that Brodd’s testimony in this case is long since over, this cannot be a message targeted at him personally, as there’s nothing to left intimidate him about.

No, this can only be understood as a chilling message for the jurors in the Chauvin case, who were not sequestered over the weekend, and thus fully exposed to the “push” news of social media.

 

Even worse, of course, is that such acts of judicial terrorism have ripple effects that reach to every other high-profile case that may occur anytime in the living memory of anyone aware of this case.  Every prospective witness, juror, even defense counsel in the next high-profile case—perhaps the rapidly approaching Rittenhouse trial?—will be fully aware of what they can expect if they play any role in the defense whatever.

 

This would all be bad enough if the acts of judicial terrorism were limited to a handful of fringe wackos, but it’s not. Apparently, such conduct is gleefully embraced even by America’s fringe national-level politicians.

 

The UK-based The Guardian is reporting that US Congresswoman Maxine Waters has crossed state lines to incite violence among protestors in Minneapolis, urging the mob to “get more confrontational.”

 

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/04/live-chauvin-trial-day-15-closing-arguments-and-jury-instructions/#more-351078

 

 

 

 

Chauvin Trial: Jury has “a basis” to “find reasonable doubt here, but it’s not what I’m expecting”

Posted by William A. Jacobson 

 

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/04/chauvin-trial-jury-has-a-basis-to-find-reasonable-doubt-here-but-its-not-what-im-expecting/

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Everyone get ready for middle class white, suburban socialists and anarchists to ride into urban cities and burn down black communities...

You think the jury will not convict? 

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

 

 

Today we’re expecting to hear the closing arguments from the prosecution and the defense (likely with a follow-up rebuttal closing by the prosecution), as well as to have the jury given the final instructions intended to guide them in their application of Minnesota law to the facts of this case as they alone determine those facts to have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

 

So far, that’s the normal course of business in any criminal trial in America.

 

What’s not normal, of course, is the judicial terrorism raging around this case.

 

Terrorism, of course, is the use of non-state violence to achieve political ends.  What we are seeing currently in America is the use of violence to achieve purported “justice,” in the twisted and profoundly anti-American view of “justice” that is held by militant factions of such groups as Black Lives Matter, Antifa, and other proponents of mob rage and violence and destruction, in which “justice” is defined not by the process but by the outcome.

 

As one example, the UK-based Daily Mail is reporting that the former home of defense use-of-force expert witness Barry Brodd was vandalized with blood last night—and in case there was any ambiguity in the messaging, a severed pig’s head was also left behind.  Although this act of judicial terrorism has gone largely unreported by the US press.

 

Given that Brodd’s testimony in this case is long since over, this cannot be a message targeted at him personally, as there’s nothing to left intimidate him about.

No, this can only be understood as a chilling message for the jurors in the Chauvin case, who were not sequestered over the weekend, and thus fully exposed to the “push” news of social media.

 

Even worse, of course, is that such acts of judicial terrorism have ripple effects that reach to every other high-profile case that may occur anytime in the living memory of anyone aware of this case.  Every prospective witness, juror, even defense counsel in the next high-profile case—perhaps the rapidly approaching Rittenhouse trial?—will be fully aware of what they can expect if they play any role in the defense whatever.

 

This would all be bad enough if the acts of judicial terrorism were limited to a handful of fringe wackos, but it’s not. Apparently, such conduct is gleefully embraced even by America’s fringe national-level politicians.

 

The UK-based The Guardian is reporting that US Congresswoman Maxine Waters has crossed state lines to incite violence among protestors in Minneapolis, urging the mob to “get more confrontational.”

 

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/04/live-chauvin-trial-day-15-closing-arguments-and-jury-instructions/#more-351078

 

 

 

 

Chauvin Trial: Jury has “a basis” to “find reasonable doubt here, but it’s not what I’m expecting”

Posted by William A. Jacobson 

 

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/04/chauvin-trial-jury-has-a-basis-to-find-reasonable-doubt-here-but-its-not-what-im-expecting/

 

 

 

If you are really racist, I suppose you can find doubt, otherwise, no 

 

Guilty as all hell 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You think the jury will not convict? 

If you are really racist, I suppose you can find doubt, otherwise, no 

 

Guilty as all hell 

Not sure...haven’t really been following closely...but I think he’d likely be convicted for something based on the visibility of the case...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You think the jury will not convict? 

If you are really racist, I suppose you can find doubt, otherwise, no 

 

Guilty as all hell 

Zero evidence that race had anything to do with the actions of Chauvin. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2021 at 1:17 AM, Thurmal34 said:

 

Of the world's incarcerated population, the land of the free claims 25%. Think about that. 25% of all the people on the planet that are locked up are here in America. One out of every four. How much of the world's human population does the land of the free represent? 4%? 5%?

 

Now, think about the wording of the 13th amendment. Read it. Read it again. Think about the brutally racist history of this country.

 

Ask yourself, is it an accident?

 

 

Given crime levels in the US, there aren’t nearly enough people incarcerated. We actually need tougher enforcement. Lots of unsolved murders due to gangs and an ant police culture that stops people from telling what they know. Keep criminals off the streets! Sadly, libs want law abiding citizens to be in danger by disarming them and by eliminating bail, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...