Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

No, it just looks like cops are so fearful because there are so many guns that have flooded our society that they are pretty scared and shoot a lot. 

Too many guns. That's a big reason policing is so difficult 

You are a stupid idiot 

Well, there certainly are a lot of guns( mostly illegal ones) and lots and lots of criminals. That certainly leads to Cops needing to fire their weapons. Even in this case involving Wright, he had an outstanding warrant for an unlicensed gun. This will always be a problem because criminals don’t obey laws.  Notice we haven’t been able to eradicate murder even though it’s illegal everywhere. 

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Well, there certainly are a lot of guns( mostly illegal ones) and lots and lots of criminals. That certainly leads to Cops needing to fire their weapons. Even in this case involving Wright, he had an outstanding warrant for an unlicensed gun. This will always be a problem because criminals don’t obey laws.  Notice we haven’t been able to eradicate murder even though it’s illegal everywhere. 

Just so easy in this country for criminals, insane people, people angry at someone, drug addicts, drunks and imbeciles to get guns. The NRA has made sure of that. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Just so easy in this country for criminals, insane people, people angry at someone, drug addicts, drunks and imbeciles to get guns. The NRA has made sure of that. 

So what do you suggest we do to make it more difficult for people who shouldn't have guns to get them?  And I'm not asking this to argue.  I'm asking for a real conversation because we need to do something.  I've offered my ideas.   What are yours?  And if you've offered them I'm sorry I don't remember them.   

41 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Sorry you 've already dealt in hypotheticals.  You just choose which hypotheticals you want to speak to.  

No 

What I gave was an analogy, not a hypothetical.

Now THAT I'll argue with you, the difference between an analogy and a hypothetical. 

Not this "is she would have this then he would have that" crap

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It is easy for them, but nothing to do with the NRA. They mostly get illegal guns. There are a lot of criminals and those who would harm us. . that’s why we need Cops.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

It is easy for them, but nothing to do with the NRA. They mostly get illegal guns. There are a lot of criminals and those who would harm us. . that’s why we need Cops.

What laws has NRA supported to get rid of illegal guns? 

I only caught parts of the defense witnesses. Thought the Park Officers testimony was pretty mundane and useless for the defense. Only saw parts of the use of force guy

30 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What laws has NRA supported to get rid of illegal guns? 

I only caught parts of the defense witnesses. Thought the Park Officers testimony was pretty mundane and useless for the defense. Only saw parts of the use of force guy

Laws to get rid of illegal guns? Hmmmm is that like laws to stop illegal murders? Seems redundant at best. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Laws to get rid of illegal guns? Hmmmm is that like laws to stop illegal murders? Seems redundant at best. 

No, the NRA has fought against the tracking of guns and keeping guns from getting to people who should not have them 

Do you think a man should have his guns taken away if he is arrested for domestic abuse? In your opinion. The NRA doesn’t 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

No, the NRA has fought against the tracking of guns and keeping guns from getting to people who should not have them 

Do you think a man should have his guns taken away if he is arrested for domestic abuse? In your opinion. The NRA doesn’t 

We have laws restricting guns already. There is a procedure to follow. Law abiding citizens follow them. I’m fine with certain offenders not being allowed to possess weapons. These laws already exist. The NRA doesn’t make law. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

No one should lose their rights if "arrested", we all assume you meant convicted.

Naturally............you are Lying.

The NRA has never advocated for criminals to own guns. I also can’t find evidence that the NRA has advocated for felons still in jail or on probation/parole to be allowed to carry guns.

However, what I can find evidence of is the NRA supporting laws that allow former felons, who have completed their sentences and are no longer on parole/probation to petition to have their 2nd Amendment rights restored.

I firmly believe that when the law operates in this way, to continue to deny a person their civil rights after the completion of their sentence for a crime, then that is in fact a violation of the 8th Amendment.

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

We have laws restricting guns already. There is a procedure to follow. Law abiding citizens follow them. I’m fine with certain offenders not being allowed to possess weapons. These laws already exist. The NRA doesn’t make law. 

But it’s a lobbying organization with a ton of clout with Republicans. It probably does write laws, actually. But they GOP just pretends they do. 

Just now, B-Man said:

No one should lose their rights if "arrested", we all assume you meant convicted.

Naturally............you are Lying.

The NRA has never advocated for criminals to own guns. I also can’t find evidence that the NRA has advocated for felons still in jail or on probation/parole to be allowed to carry guns.

However, what I can find evidence of is the NRA supporting laws that allow former felons, who have completed their sentences and are no longer on parole/probation to petition to have their 2nd Amendment rights restored.

I firmly believe that when the law operates in this way, to continue to deny a person their civil rights after the completion of their sentence for a crime, then that is in fact a violation of the 8th Amendment.

No, just arrested. Take their guns away, they might murder their wife. 

They can can have them back later. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

But it’s a lobbying organization with a ton of clout with Republicans. It probably does write laws, actually. But they GOP just pretends they do. 

No, just arrested. Take their guns away, they might murder their wife. 

They can can have them back later. 

That will never happen due to liberal Dems. Heck I know Cops that had to leave the scene of a domestic doing absolutely nothing because of bail reform even though they were concerned the individual was going to beat or even kill their spouse/ girlfriend etc. 

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

That witness for defense got shot up pretty good on cross. I mean, trying to breathe is resisting arrest? Ok! 

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That will never happen due to liberal Dems. Heck I know Cops that had to leave the scene of a domestic doing absolutely nothing because of bail reform even though they were concerned the individual was going to beat or even kill their spouse/ girlfriend etc. 

Lol, ya sure 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That witness for defense got shot up pretty good on cross. I mean, trying to breathe is resisting arrest? Ok! 

Lol, ya sure 

There’s video of Floyd being arrested last year where he said the same thing about can’t breath or whatever. 

As for the Cops, you think I’m lying? They’ve told me these examples personally and were very concerned for the women involved. Most Cops are good and want to help. 

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A rather odd response to a post with a video.

Oh wait, it's Tibs trying (and failing) to change the subject.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

There’s video of Floyd being arrested last year where he said the same thing about can’t breath or whatever. 

As for the Cops, you think I’m lying? They’ve told me these examples personally and were very concerned for the women involved. Most Cops are good and want to help. 

I think most people have trouble breathing when anxiety kicks in. It's actually a physiological response to panic, the diaphragm muscles that need to expand to take a full breath tighten and you actually can't get full breaths. 

But even if Floyd was lying about not being able to breathe before he was put on the ground, suffocating him to death is an extreme form of "I'll give you something to cry about." 

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And George Wallace as Governor of Alabama stood in the door of a school building proclaiming "segregation now segregation tomorrow segregation forever." Alabama state law was on his side. 

You're making it very clear what world you want to live in. It is truly sadistic. 

Edited by Motorin'