Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

15 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Sigh....why do I even bother.

Plant the seed of doubt in a jury and even a pretty guilty murderer goes free.  

So you agree he is obviously guilty? 

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Can’t defend the killer, so try and attack the free press.

Yawn 

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Plus I thought it was north of 80,000,000 who voted for Biden but maybe the Les Habitant crowd has some insider intel from young Trudeau. 

It's the vote conversion from loonies to non-loonies.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Guilty and being found guilty in a court of law are not the same thing. Guilty people do walk free. This is true regardless of one’s take on Chauvin. 

He won’t be found not guilty. That will not happen. 

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Guilty and being found guilty in a court of law are not the same thing. Guilty people do walk free. This is true regardless of one’s take on Chauvin. 

And you’re going to be the one to decide? Good to know! Can you give America your 800 number? 

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don’t want to get into an entire debate here but wasn’t it shown that he was actually kneeling on his shoulder? Or doesn’t that fit the narrative? It doesn’t make what the officer did right, but at least we should get the facts straight.

You seem to be focusing excusivley on the defense narrative that has been refuted by expert witnesses and piles of video evidence. 

Was there a still frame that showed Chauvin's knee on Floyd's shoulder? Absolutely. 

Are there many many minutes of video that show his knee on his neck? Absolutely. 

If you watch the video and do not see a man being slowly suffocated to death, I don't know what to tell you. 

Do me a favor, watch how Chauvin picks up George Floyd's pulseless body by the handcuffs and drags him across the street when the paramedics arrive and let me know if Chauvin is a man that seems to respect George Floyd's basic human right to life. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, no, it’s pretty clear cut. Thanks though 🙏 

Did witnesses specifically testify that the cause of death was suffocation due to the kneeling? What about the testifying of narcotics that appear to have been consumed/ in the blood stream before the kneeling? Do we know that the drugs played NO part? Perhaps...but that, right there, might raise doubt amongst one of the jurors- even if it doesn’t with you...

And that’s just the cause of death...next you have to determine intent- which is even harder...

As much as we detest what Chauvin did, each person is due a fair trial, and every aspect of the situation must be examined to the fullest...

Edited by JaCrispy

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

You seem to be focusing excusivley on the defense narrative that has been refuted by expert witnesses and piles of video evidence. 

Was there a still frame that showed Chauvin's knee on Floyd's shoulder? Absolutely. 

Are there many many minutes of video that show his knee on his neck? Absolutely. 

If you watch the video and do not see a man being slowly suffocated to death, I don't know what to tell you. 

Do me a favor, watch how Chauvin picks up George Floyd's pulseless body by the handcuffs and drags him across the street when the paramedics arrive and let me know if Chauvin is a man that seems to respect George Floyd's basic human right to life. 

That last part, it was just horrible. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Once again, not trying to get into an entire debate here. I’ve watched literally none of this trial. I’ve only seen small excerpts. I believe I already said it doesn’t make anything the officer did right. 

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Did witnesses specifically testify that the cause of death was suffocation due to the kneeling? What about the testifying of narcotics that appear to have been consumed/ in the blood stream before the kneeling? Do we know that the drugs played NO part? Perhaps...but that, right there, might raise doubt amongst one of the jurors- even if it doesn’t with you...

And that’s just the cause of death...next you have to determine intent- which is even harder...

As much as we detest what Chauvin did, each person is due a fair trial, and every aspect of the situation must be examined...

Expert witnesses in many areas testified of the guilt of the defendant and what he did wrong that ended up killing Floyd 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Once again, not trying to get into an entire debate here. I’ve watched literally none of this trial. I’ve only seen small excerpts. I believe I already said it doesn’t make anything the officer did right. 

Chauvin has a right to a fair trial, and the defense is doing the best job it can for what they are paid to do. 

I'm sure there are commentators who would take a still frame representing 1/30th of a second and try to claim that it is represenative of the entire 10 minutes. 

It's also true that a knee and leg and be on the shoulder and neck at the same time. 

The medical report was ruled death due to lack of oxygen and homicide.

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

As much as we detest what Chauvin did, each person is due a fair trial, and every aspect of the situation must be examined to the fullest...

Now, that is a sentence I can get on board with.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Yes, the medical examiner ruled death due to lack of oxygen and homicide. 

Many fellow officers and law enforcement experts testified that Chauvin killed him.

He continued to kneel on his neck area for almost three minutes after his fellow officer was unable to find a pulse.

Fellow police officers testified that Chauvin was required by law to proceed CPR when Floyd became unconscious. 

An off duty Minneapolis EMT offered to provide CPR. Chauvin refused the offer, and continued to kneel on his pulseless neck. 

When the paramedics arrived, Chauvin slowly got off of Floyd's neck and dragged his lifeless corpse across the street by his handcuffed arms and throw his lifeless body on the stretcher. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Melania Trump said:

Why are those that stump for Chauvin’s defense the same that defend Matt Gaetz?

Because they’re still members of the cult! Thank you for the support 

Ya, why is that? 

The same crowd loved George Zimmerman, too