Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

This is such a awful comment.  Get outta here with that racist comment. No need for this crap.  Standing up for all those. 

Sadly, this standard for this empty poster.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2021/05/02/sanctuary-state-illegal-alien-gets-five-years-prison-killing-24-year-old/

An illegal alien has been sentenced to five years in prison for killing a 24-year-old man in a drunk driving car

crash in the sanctuary state of New Jersey.

Before the deadly crash, Leal-Corona had been arrested in Texas and New Jersey. Despite those arrests, Leal-Corona was never deported. New Jersey’s broad sanctuary state policy, which shields criminal illegal aliens from federal arrest and deportation, could prevent Leal-Corona from being turned over to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency following his sentence.

Unequal justice.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chauvin-juror-defends-participation-washington-230418703.html

Mitchell said he answered “no” to two questions about demonstrations on the questionnaire sent out before jury selection.

The first question asked: “Did you, or someone close to you, participate in any of the demonstrations or marches against police brutality that took place in Minneapolis after George Floyd’s death?” The second asked: “Other than what you have already described above, have you, or anyone close to you, participated in protests about police use of force or police brutality?”

Such a high profile important case and it is starting to look lke he could get a new trial. This is so irresponsible on this guys part to throw a wrench into the trial. Plenty of evidence for there to have been a conviction. 

On 5/3/2021 at 7:30 AM, Unforgiven said:

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2021/05/02/sanctuary-state-illegal-alien-gets-five-years-prison-killing-24-year-old/

An illegal alien has been sentenced to five years in prison for killing a 24-year-old man in a drunk driving car

crash in the sanctuary state of New Jersey.

Before the deadly crash, Leal-Corona had been arrested in Texas and New Jersey. Despite those arrests, Leal-Corona was never deported. New Jersey’s broad sanctuary state policy, which shields criminal illegal aliens from federal arrest and deportation, could prevent Leal-Corona from being turned over to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency following his sentence.

Unequal justice.

I've never understood the "deport the criminal" mentality.  Not sure of the protocol but are you suggesting that this person who is accused of killing someone while reportedly driving drunk get handed over to ICE and deported?  Just so he can come back and do it all over again?  This person should rot in jail (I don't care if it's at US taxpayer expense) and not see the light of day.  You hand them over to ICE it becomes wash, rinse, repeat.  

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I've never understood the "deport the criminal" mentality.  Not sure of the protocol but are you suggesting that this person who is accused of killing someone while reportedly driving drunk get handed over to ICE and deported?  Just so he can come back and do it all over again?  This person should rot in jail (I don't care if it's at US taxpayer expense) and not see the light of day.  You hand them over to ICE it becomes wash, rinse, repeat.  

This reminds me of Cheech N Chong when they get raided.  A ride home with a free sandwich.  If I was the original poster, I'd be more mad about the American citizen with a rap sheet longer than my arm who is still out committing more crimes.  Some people just like to focus on the brown people who don't got thier 'Murica card.  BUILD THAT REEF!

15 minutes ago, daz28 said:

This reminds me of Cheech N Chong when they get raided.  A ride home with a free sandwich.  If I was the original poster, I'd be more mad about the American citizen with a rap sheet longer than my arm who is still out committing more crimes.  Some people just like to focus on the brown people who don't got thier 'Murica card.  BUILD THAT REEF!

I am the OP and I'm not saying yea or nah... I'm just watching the case as it goes along, just like I did with OJ and Casey Anthony. I am a passenger.

Edited by T&C

1 minute ago, T&C said:

I am the OP and I'm not saying yea or nah... I'm just watching the case as it goes along, just like I did with OJ and Casey Anthony. I am a passenger.

I meant Unforgiven that he was responding to.  My mistake, I apologize for my wording.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I meant Unforgiven that he was responding to.  My mistake, I apologize for my wording.

I know that we will never probably agree on too much, and receiving a thank you from someone you don't really know is always questionable.

But the fact that you are able to say that you made a mistake without equivocation like an adult, just stands out on this board 

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

I know that we will never probably agree on too much, and receiving a thank you from someone you don't really know is always questionable.

But the fact that you are able to say that you made a mistake without equivocation like an adult, just stands out on this board 

Thank you.

YW.  There's nothing special about me.  At my age it's probably just a case of my ego already having been fed well enough that it doesn't need any more feeding.  I think that's the point where real discussions can start taking place.  In a greed and ego driven world, it's tough to have a reasonable debate that isn't in search of something for "me".

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Legal Experts Flag Failure of Chauvin Juror to Disclose Attending Rally With Floyd’s Relatives

by Isabel Van Brugen

https://www.ntd.com/legal-experts-flag-failure-of-chauvin-juror-to-disclose-attending-rally-with-floyds-relatives_607484.html

This is the cause of you guys now? Sad. How really sad. 

What's next, will you guys push for the John Wilkes Booth national holiday? 

And all those denials you guys vomited out about Trump and Russia actually seem even less credible now. Go figure 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This is the cause of you guys now? Sad. How really sad. 

What's next, will you guys push for the John Wilkes Booth national holiday? 

And all those denials you guys vomited out about Trump and Russia actually seem even less credible now. Go figure 

As usual, Tibs has misinterpreted the reason for the post.

Little to no surprise there.