Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

15 hours ago, Logic said:

Gotta love someone who levels an accusation of “idiotic post” and then says the nonsense above.

You bought Trump’s Big Lie (which has been refuted by, oh , I dunno, ANYONE with a shred of credibility) hook, line, and sinker and you’re accusing ME of idiocy? That’s rich. 😂

Refuted? That’s a complete lie. We know about 40k “ votes” in a couple states were the deciding factor. Almost certainly on unverifiable unrequested ballots cranked out by Dem operatives. You’d have to be an idiot to not see it: why did they so desperately work to remove any method of verification ? Stuffing the ballot box is the oldest game in town. But some yahoo on CNN or some other msm entity owned by liberal activists says “ we refute that. There isn’t any evidence that the ballots aren’t legitimate “ of course there won’t be evidence from unverifiable paper ballots lacking signatures or even real names. It’s amazing how gullible people are, and how they believe the “ state media” that is spoon fed to them by all but a few remaining media outlets. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Except when their employee allows it. The NFL never banned them from doing it. Their employer was fine with them doing it so you’re whole own time argument is dumb. If the NFL came out and said as your employer we don’t want you doing that then you may have a point, however that was not the case.

Instead, yet again we’re back to you are trying to tell someone how they can or cannot protest.

I never said the NFL banned them from doing it. You did. My point wasthat they could have; that fact remains ... the right is not unfettered on company time. I made my point: you failed to understand it. The NFL is in the entertainment business, and their business model is built around fans watching; not alienating large swaths of them. When you are the customer of an entertainment product, you get to state your opinion about that product. Anti American protests are not entertaining to all their customers. That’s not telling someone how they can or cannot protest , just that it’s not an entertaining part of the product they’re trying to weave it into. 

42 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

i think the apathy people feel for situations like this needs to look at the other side. if that was your daughter..the one that was a moment away from being stabbed with a knife. would you want a police officer protecting her in any other way then he did. anyone who answers yes is not being truthful. the fact this incident is being debated is crazy. a police officer is rarely in the position to prevent a person from imminent life threatening danger and if they are still condemned when they do then i don't see them leaving the car. even if your idea did do something. which i dont( watch the video i posted above) its not 100 percent regardless and that 6th squeeze in high intensity situations will have them prosecuted REGARDLESS of situation.

get ready for police to become nothing more then investigators after the crime and inform the public. we think its this guy. go take him if you want justice. that's where this is going. 

Couldn’t agree more. That’s exactly what they want, and they’ve convinced a lot of mindless non-criminals that they should want it too. We’re witnessing a sort of liberal Stockholm syndrome. The thinking is so insane , it’s amazing anyone is agreeing with these radicals. So that girl should have just had a knife plunged into her neck, and the cops watch then take statements while preserving the scene? How does that make sense? I can imagine the calls for firings and lawsuits because they were negligent in their duty. 

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

defund is a terrible word for it, should be more like reorganize/restructure/reform, defund seems too much like disband.

Increase funding for training current cops.  Increase training hours and education requirement (associates degree at minimum) for wannabe cops.  If you want that decent salary and generous state pension you should have to earn it.

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Refuted? That’s a complete lie. We know about 40k “ votes” in a couple states were the deciding factor. Almost certainly on unverifiable unrequested ballots cranked out by Dem operatives. You’d have to be an idiot to not see it: why did they so desperately work to remove any method of verification ? Stuffing the ballot box is the oldest game in town. But some yahoo on CNN or some other msm entity owned by liberal activists says “ we refute that. There isn’t any evidence that the ballots aren’t legitimate “ of course there won’t be evidence from unverifiable paper ballots lacking signatures or even real names. It’s amazing how gullible people are, and how they believe the “ state media” that is spoon fed to them by all but a few remaining media outlets. 

This is a hoax.  You're on the Hoax List. I'm sorry, but this is too outrageous to ignore. 

7 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

I do not understand what you mean or what are you trying to say? Where did I go wrong in responding to you about athletes kneeling?

I don't even understand where I swung and missed the first time (shrug shoulders). I never said athletes were a special case. I said they were people like you an d I, where they work at is different than the average joe's 9 to 5. The major sport that they play in is govern different than again the average joe's 9 to 5. You are cool to have your feelings or opinion, still doesn't mean I can't or anyone can't have a debate with you. Also we do not have to agree either. I said that.  Who is CK? You might have to give me more details about that situation?

I misunderstood.  This is what I was replying to with regard to the people who play NFL football specifically: 

We need to stop viewing major sports as we do an average Joe's 9 to 5. It's not the same and it's not governed the same. So when they are in "uniform" they have the right to do whatever they like. I don't remember any athlete kneeling during a game, I remembered it being done before the game even starts so what is the problem?

I interpreted that as suggesting the athletes were special cases, and I apparently misread the first paragraph and thought you had said they are not like you and I.  My bad there, sorry for the confusion. 

CK is Colin Kaepernick. 

Where did i say, i agreed with Kaep wearing "cops are pigs" socks? I know i spoke about kneeling, never mention anything about socks!? And again, going right back to what i said before "i do not think i have ever said you or anyone opposite of my opinion on athletes kneeling do not have the right to your opinion or you do not have the right to dislike it" so in this post here police, ANYONE can have an issue with it. They also do not have to watch the sport, Again doesn't mean there can't be a debate or it doesn't mean someone's point or points on the matter can't be challenged. I am not quite sure what is your issue. Do you have a problem with anyone debating your posts? 

At times, I feel like I’m one of the last people in America that welcomes debate.  I’ve come to the conclusion that you and I believe the same thing.  

Athletes are people like you and I;

They have opinions and express them;

People will have opinions about their opinions;

Some people may stop watching the NFL because of that, others may not;

Debate is good;

I really had no idea how you individually felt about the socks, I only know how I felt about them. 

and for the 3rd time asking for equality is not political. 

I never suggested it was. 

What is DJT? Trump was not passionate about the flag for those who are, i can understand that and respect that. And others have passion for not wanting to see black people judge by the color of their skin. I want to be able to wear a hoodie and not have someone feel they are the law even as a neighborhood watchman and get into a confrontation with me and all I had was a bag of skittles in my hand or in my pocket. ( trayvon martin) Or not have a knee on my neck, or snow shoved in my face by the men and women who are suppose to serve and protect. (i am not saying all cops have done this) Again that is the reason for protesting, that was the reason for Keap kneeling....he wanted to bring to light a ongoing issues that some black people face.  He found a peaceful way to do it but instead of it bringing positive dialogue it was met with distain and people not willing to understand the purpose, People trying to make it out to be something it NEVER WAS. About the military

We agree on Trump’s comments about the NFL, I’m happy to move on from that.  

I agree with you on being able to wear a hoodie, but at the risk of derailing the topic again, my thoughts are that Trayvon Martin interacted with the wrong crazy, the wrong way, on the wrong day.  He reacted the way young men do sometimes, physically and aggressively, and while he had every right to be outraged, he should not have attempted to beat the crazy out of Zimmerman.   I have two boys, and one of my many life lessons shared with them is that you never know who the &$#@ is on the other side of the rage.  Actually, I shared that with my daughter as well, who was assaulted by some crazy drunk chick in a bathroom on NYE a few years back.  Thankfully she remembered part two of the lesson—if confronted and unable to extricate, eyes on the aggressor backing away, by all means fight like your life depends on it.  His life ended tragically and it would not have had he not encountered Zimmerman, but he was not assasinated in the street. 

Chauvin—we agree.  I’m not sure about the snow reference but I’m sure I agree.  The young lady shot the other day was tragic for all involved.  Her, her family, the bystanders and the officer.  The young lady being assaulted may be the only beneficiary of the day.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I misunderstood.  This is what I was replying to with regard to the people who play NFL football specifically: 

We need to stop viewing major sports as we do an average Joe's 9 to 5. It's not the same and it's not governed the same. So when they are in "uniform" they have the right to do whatever they like. I don't remember any athlete kneeling during a game, I remembered it being done before the game even starts so what is the problem?

I interpreted that as suggesting the athletes were special cases, and I apparently misread the first paragraph and thought you had said they are not like you and I.  My bad there, sorry for the confusion. 

CK is Colin Kaepernick. 

At times, I feel like I’m one of the last people in America that welcomes debate.  I’ve come to the conclusion that you and I believe the same thing.  

Debate is good;

I really had no idea how you individually felt about the socks, I only know how I felt about them. 

I agree with you on being able to wear a hoodie, but at the risk of derailing the topic again, my thoughts are that Trayvon Martin interacted with the wrong crazy, the wrong way, on the wrong day.  He reacted the way young men do sometimes, physically and aggressively, and while he had every right to be outraged, he should not have attempted to beat the crazy out of Zimmerman.   I have two boys, and one of my many life lessons shared with them is that you never know who the &$#@ is on the other side of the rage.  Actually, I shared that with my daughter as well, who was assaulted by some crazy drunk chick in a bathroom on NYE a few years back.  Thankfully she remembered part two of the lesson—if confronted and unable to extricate, eyes on the aggressor backing away, by all means fight like your life depends on it.  His life ended tragically and it would not have had he not encountered Zimmerman, but he was not assasinated in the street. 

Chauvin—we agree.  I’m not sure about the snow reference but I’m sure I agree.  The young lady shot the other day was tragic for all involved.  Her, her family, the bystanders and the officer.  The young lady being assaulted may be the only beneficiary of the day.  

The situation in Columbus was just awful.  I feel for the victim’s family but also for that policeman.  What a situation to walk up on. I don’t see where he had other options.

• Like (+1) 5

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Increase funding for training current cops.  Increase training hours and education requirement (associates degree at minimum) for wannabe cops.  If you want that decent salary and generous state pension you should have to earn it.

So you’re of the opinion that police officers don’t get regular training? You know this, how? And you’re of the opinion that the Police Academy needs to be either replaced or supplemented by two years of community college so they can brush up on their pre-algebra? 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you’re of the opinion that police officers don’t get regular training? You know this, how? And you’re of the opinion that the Police Academy needs to be either replaced or supplemented by two years of community college so they can brush up on their pre-algebra? 

Don’t be disingenuous.  You know he’s not talking about them taking math classes.  As a general rule for any job more training is better than less.  

24 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The situation in Columbus was just awful.  I feel for the victim’s family but also for that policeman.  What a situation to walk up on. I don’t see where he had other options.

A friend of mine was part of the NYS Police support team who assisted troopers and their families after the death of a Trooper, serious injury or loss, emotional support after this sort of thing.  

With very few exceptions, the people in uniform are significantly impacted by the things they see on a daily basis.  Suicides. Child abuse.  Violent death. Car accidents.  Drug ODs.  Sexual assault.  General disregard for the value of human life.  Another guy who retired from our local force a few years ago said he just couldn’t stand the thought of one more day seeing things he couldn’t forget.  

Add this sort of thing in—whether or not he did the “right” thing, he wakes up everyday knowing he ended the life of another human being.   Horrible. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Don’t be disingenuous.  You know he’s not talking about them taking math classes.  As a general rule for any job more training is better than less.  

I’m of course being sarcastic! Sheesh. The point is that increased funding is not the answer to every ailment. Do you also not believe that police are trained? How do you know that? Have you heard an officer come on any news program and say ‘they just threw me out there with no training’. I never have. On the contrary, it’d be my position that police officers actually have some of the most extensive on the job training of ANY job in America. This isn’t about training. It’s about  policy! They train plenty. If you want to change HOW they’re being trained and WHAT they’re being trained to do...that’s another discussion. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m of course being sarcastic! Sheesh. The point is that increased funding is not the answer to every ailment. Do you also not believe that police are trained? How do you know that? Have you heard an officer come on any news program and say ‘they just threw me out there with no training’. I never have. On the contrary, it’d be my position that police officers actually have some of the most extensive on the job training of ANY job in America. This isn’t about training. It’s about  policy! They train plenty. If you want to change HOW they’re being trained and WHAT they’re being trained to do...that’s another discussion. 

I agree with your comments.  They're being trained, but things have to change.  I think any clear eyed view of the situations in our cities would tell you that.  They have to change to help the citizens and the police.  Training needs to change to help manage conflict.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I agree with your comments.  They're being trained, but things have to change.  I think any clear eyed view of the situations in our cities would tell you that.  They have to change to help the citizens and the police.  Training needs to change to help manage conflict.

OK...now we’re getting somewhere. So, we don’t need more tax money wasted on ‘training’ until society first decides what we want our police to be trained to do. I’m guessing that with the literally THOUSANDS of police departments across the country, there has got to be ONE that’s doing it ‘right’...no? If so, why not have all of the other departments adopt that training program? Problem solved! Time for the next crisis. 

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I never said the NFL banned them from doing it. You did. My point wasthat they could have; that fact remains ... the right is not unfettered on company time. I made my point: you failed to understand it. The NFL is in the entertainment business, and their business model is built around fans watching; not alienating large swaths of them. When you are the customer of an entertainment product, you get to state your opinion about that product. Anti American protests are not entertaining to all their customers. That’s not telling someone how they can or cannot protest , just that it’s not an entertaining part of the product they’re trying to weave it into. 

You didn’t make any point.

The right is not unfettered on company time. That is true. Employers can do things like say you can’t promote a product on company time or you can’t protest on company time.

The absence of a company doing such means the company is allowing an unfettered right to do so on company time. The NFL knew of protests. The NFL gave their permission. Therefore the players were granted an unfettered right to protest by kneeling on company time.

Protests have consequences. If it’s right wing nuts not watching the NFL because they don’t like what occurs before the game, I’m sure the NFL took that into account and found any loss of revenue didn’t matter.

To the point that it’s entertainment, if you made a pie graph if entertaining things you see in an NFL football game, I’d guess a sliver of it is the national anthems. Hell most people are in the bathroom or in line for food when it’s occurring.

The fact remains the right was against players taking a knee during the anthem. They didn’t like that sign of protest. They don’t like black athletes voicing their opinion.

let’s look at Fox News for a great example:

Black athletes:

“It's always unwise to seek political advice from someone who gets paid $100 million a year to bounce a ball," Ingraham said. "Oh, and LeBron and Kevin, you're great players, but no one voted for you. Millions elected Trump to be their coach. So keep the political commentary to yourself, or as someone once said, 'Shut up and dribble.'"

White:

Now let's fast forward to Wednesday's show and see what she had to say about Brees, who gets paid millions of dollars to throw a ball...

"Well, he's allowed to have his view about what kneeling and the flag means to him. I mean, he's a person," Ingraham said. "He has some worth, I would imagine. I mean, this is beyond football, though. This is totalitarian conduct. This is Stalinist. And by the way, on the streets of New Orleans — we're looking at live pictures — they're shouting, 'Eff Drew Brees.'

8 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

It surely is not a hoax just the simple truth.

2+2still equals 5 to you.  Just yesterday the Nevada Sec State confirmed no fraud.  As did the Georgia Sec Stare.  And so on.  

You have nothing to support your contention.

9 hours ago, Motorin' said:

You can't really fault the officer for trying to prevent a stabbing like that in the heat of the moment. It seemed chaotic and happened so quick. 

It did make me wonder if police officers  should have some kind of less lethal rounds in the first 4 or 5 bullets in their clips. Something with definite stopping power, but not guaranteed to cause someone to bled out in minutes when they hit center mass. 

If they need to use deadly force they can keep shooting, but if they made a mistake it could save people's lives. 

I don't know if this is practical but it might be worth looking into.  American LEOs seem to use deadly force much more frequently than in most other First World countries.

9 hours ago, The Governor said:

I expected the crew that likes murdering civilians to jump on that one. That only took like 1 minute.

Posters have "jumped" on it because it's simply untrue.  The basic rule of gun use is to know what you're aiming at and then make sure you hit it.  That's why you aim at the center of any target.   Missing your target can have deadly consequences.  Several years ago in my area, some dumbass deer hunter missed his buck and bagged a school bus traveling along a road about a quarter mile  away.  Luckily neither the driver nor the school kids were injured, but it could have been a tragedy.

I watched the video from Columbus, and the scene was chaotic with multiple people involved.  The officer had to make a split second decision.  If the officer had aimed at a leg and missed, he could have hit a bystander or the bullet might have entered a home and hit someone .

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Training would help but I think that we have to take a hard look at current and future police officers.  Current police officers who have a history of excessive force complaints --  Derek Chauvin is a perfect example  -- need to be evaluated for their suitability to do their job.   IMO, if Chauvin had been seriously penalized for his bad behavior, perhaps even fired, it would have been better for everybody involved.  For prospective police officers, there needs to psychological evaluations to keep individuals prone to violence off police forces in the first place.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

CK is Colin Kaepernick. 

Debate is good;

No problem man. Again thank you for welcoming me, thank you for having a discussion with me. This country needs to do more of this. Sorry to hear your daughter was in that situation but glad she is ok. That is one of the things that scares me about getting ready to send my step-daughter out into the world as she is getting ready for college. I think that is partially one of the reasons I am back in the gym, so I can dropkick anyone who harms her (god forbid that never happens)  May you and your family continue to be safe and blessed.

Like you in an effort not to detrail the thread any further. The Zimmer person approach Travyon after the dispatcher told him not to, they tussled with him losing the tussle.  It wasn't him getting his butt whooped, he more lost the wrestling match  they were having, maybe received one punch...and the snow shoveling incident that I am talking about, I do not think many seen it. I can't remember where, but it was a police man shoving snow in the face of a black man,  appearing to suffocate him as he was trying to make an arrest. The man was already in handcuffs and on his knees. I agree with you about the teen that was shot in Ohio, the whole situation sucks all around. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 1