Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

It's like everyone's forgotten the after school knife fights of the good old days.

Whole thing is a tragedy, kid did something stupid and got themselves killed. Maybe things could of gone different if he tried something different maybe but there was no clear and obvious solution in that split second window that make his decision look unreasonable.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m curious. Why do we have to defund the police? Why can’t we just let them get paid and stay in the police station. That should solve it for everyone! Let’s try it for six months at least. What could go wrong? 

defund is a terrible word for it, should be more like reorganize/restructure/reform, defund seems too much like disband.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

It's like everyone's forgotten the after school knife fights of the good old days.

Whole thing is a tragedy, kid did something stupid and got themselves killed. Maybe things could of gone different if he tried something different maybe but there was no clear and obvious solution in that split second window that make his decision look unreasonable.

Another way to say it is the officer saved the other girl from serious injury or death, was put in a position that no  sane person would ever want to be in, and likely will carry the emotional effects of taking the life of that girl for the duration of his.  

13 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Thank you for welcoming me and also willing to have a debate with me. Greatly appreciate it.  So first, I do not think I have ever said you or anyone opposite of my opinion on athletes kneeling  do not have the right to your opinion or you do not have the right to dislike it. We need "to go further than that" because it's what this country needs. "A discussion/communications/debates/talk" it's healthy, it helps everything become more understandable. You and I may never agree on this subject, but at least we had a discussion on it.

You bet.  I don’t think I implied you said that, but if that’s the way it appears to you I certainly didn’t mean to.  

My point was simply that having an opinion on kneeling, and having an opinion on people that have an unfavorable opinion about those who are kneeling boil down to the same thing.   

and these quotes from you " If everyone is entitled to an opinion and thoughts on the subject, why do we need to go further than that? " "I’m not looking to players for any great life lessons" so everyone is entitled to their opinion, but athletes are not allowed to theirs? You are on here expressing your opinion. So does that mean it's only ok, if someone agrees with you but not ok if someone doesn't agree with you? And although I agree some owners my not like their protest they are certainly "allowing" the athletes to express their opinions. 

Swing and a miss #2.  Since everyone is entitled to an opinion, athletes are clearly entitled to theirs.  You mentioned initially that athletes were special cases, I don’t see it that way, or at least not as it relates to the majority.   I feel extremely comfortable in saying I can live to watch games, respect and admire athleticism, yet not be particularly interested in much more than that in most cases.,

I agree on owners, they figured out how to keep things going. On the ownership group, btw, much was made about CK not being on a team post protest.  Seems they expressed their opinion on more than just kneeling.  Was that cool with you? 

Again the protesting by athletes is done before a game that is for like 2mins, and if anything is brought up it's like in passing, or made mentioned for probably another 1 mins or so during the game. I mean i don't see where it hinders viewership. If you don't wanna watch to begin with then you were never interested.  Some do talk about it after , but in my opinion who honestly sticks around to hear an athlete speak post game anyways in general.

That’s fine, but the kneeling during the anthem and/or ‘cops are pigs’ socks wasn’t a hot button issue for you.  If it is for someone else—maybe a police officer, son of an officer etc—and they feel differently, that’s their call. 

and again asking for equality is not political. What turned it into this political talking point was the ex president who seen it as a way to get voters, to increase his like ability, so he of course put two and two together and created a even bigger fire storm which that seems to be what  his presidency toward the end was about. 

I didn’t like Trump’s comments, but passion for the anthem and/or the flag predates DJT by a couple hundred years.   

29 minutes ago, BillStime said:

GQP talking points have been circulated

The narrative I saw most today was “You will die if you take a grain of sand worth of Fent, so he was obviously OD’ing and was going to die anyway.”

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

You can't really fault the officer for trying to prevent a stabbing like that in the heat of the moment. It seemed chaotic and happened so quick. 

It did make me wonder if police officers  should have some kind of less lethal rounds in the first 4 or 5 bullets in their clips. Something with definite stopping power, but not guaranteed to cause someone to bled out in minutes when they hit center mass. 

If they need to use deadly force they can keep shooting, but if they made a mistake it could save people's lives. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

You can't really fault the officer for trying to prevent a stabbing like that in the heat of the moment. It seemed chaotic and happened so quick. 

It did make me wonder if police officers  should have some kind of less lethal rounds in the first 4 or 5 bullets in their clips. Something with definite stopping power, but not guaranteed to cause someone to bled out in minutes when they hit center mass. 

If they need to use deadly force they can keep shooting, but if they made a mistake it could save people's lives. 

When someone has a knife, they’re training says to shoot that person in the leg. In this instance, it wasn’t supposed to be a lethal shot, per training manual.

6 minutes ago, The Governor said:

When someone has a knife, they’re training says to shoot that person in the leg. In this instance, it wasn’t supposed to be a lethal shot, per training manual.

This is a lie.

In Columbus, Ohio, an officer responding to a call about somebody with a knife shot and killed Ma’Khia Bryant, who appeared on bodycam footage to be about to stab another girl with a knife.

The media, which can always be counted on to have embarrassing takes when the topic involves guns, is back to doing their thing. Katie Pavlich spotted another example during the Columbus police chief’s press conference:

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

is she talking to the people who called them? 

11 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Did you write your own manual?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This is a lie.

In Columbus, Ohio, an officer responding to a call about somebody with a knife shot and killed Ma’Khia Bryant, who appeared on bodycam footage to be about to stab another girl with a knife.

The media, which can always be counted on to have embarrassing takes when the topic involves guns, is back to doing their thing. Katie Pavlich spotted another example during the Columbus police chief’s press conference:

for the shoot in the leg less lethal crowd take yourself out of your comfort zone and watch this. its very important.

im not a fan of steven crowder comedy but he brings points that should not be ignored. if you would like start at 2:50 and ends at 4 if you dont want added commentary.

its not easy to watch, i hope she survived. but it shows you the truth about the situations that you are talking about.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I expected the crew that likes murdering civilians to jump on that one. That only took like 1 minute.

Hang on. That young girl was about to kill a civilian. So you also support killing civilians? 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

My point was simply that having an opinion on kneeling, and having an opinion on people that have an unfavorable opinion about those who are kneeling boil down to the same thing.   

I do not understand what you mean or what are you trying to say? Where did I go wrong in responding to you about athletes kneeling?

Swing and a miss #2.  Since everyone is entitled to an opinion, athletes are clearly entitled to theirs.  You mentioned initially that athletes were special cases, I don’t see it that way, or at least not as it relates to the majority.   I feel extremely comfortable in saying I can live to watch games, respect and admire athleticism, yet not be particularly interested in much more than that in most cases.,

I agree on owners, they figured out how to keep things going. On the ownership group, btw, much was made about CK not being on a team post protest.  Seems they expressed their opinion on more than just kneeling.  Was that cool with you? 

I don't even understand where I swung and missed the first time (shrug shoulders). I never said athletes were a special case. I said they were people like you an d I, where they work at is different than the average joe's 9 to 5. The major sport that they play in is govern different than again the average joe's 9 to 5. You are cool to have your feelings or opinion, still doesn't mean I can't or anyone can't have a debate with you. Also we do not have to agree either. I said that.  Who is CK? You might have to give me more details about that situation?

That’s fine, but the kneeling during the anthem and/or ‘cops are pigs’ socks wasn’t a hot button issue for you.  If it is for someone else—maybe a police officer, son of an officer etc—and they feel differently, that’s their call. 

Where did i say, i agreed with Kaep wearing "cops are pigs" socks? I know i spoke about kneeling, never mention anything about socks!? And again, going right back to what i said before "i do not think i have ever said you or anyone opposite of my opinion on athletes kneeling do not have the right to your opinion or you do not have the right to dislike it" so in this post here police, ANYONE can have an issue with it. They also do not have to watch the sport, Again doesn't mean there can't be a debate or it doesn't mean someone's point or points on the matter can't be challenged. I am not quite sure what is your issue. Do you have a problem with anyone debating your posts? 

and for the 3rd time asking for equality is not political. 

I didn’t like Trump’s comments, but passion for the anthem and/or the flag predates DJT by a couple hundred years.   

What is DJT? Trump was not passionate about the flag for those who are, i can understand that and respect that. And others have passion for not wanting to see black people judge by the color of their skin. I want to be able to wear a hoodie and not have someone feel they are the law even as a neighborhood watchman and get into a confrontation with me and all I had was a bag of skittles in my hand or in my pocket. ( trayvon martin) Or not have a knee on my neck, or snow shoved in my face by the men and women who are suppose to serve and protect. (i am not saying all cops have done this) Again that is the reason for protesting, that was the reason for Keap kneeling....he wanted to bring to light a ongoing issues that some black people face.  He found a peaceful way to do it but instead of it bringing positive dialogue it was met with distain and people not willing to understand the purpose, People trying to make it out to be something it NEVER WAS. About the military

Edited by Ghost_002!

28 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I mean maybe more training focused on de-escalation and use of the non-lethal weapons they have maybe but I'm not sure a taser/stun gun would work in that situation, whether it has to charge up or if it might not stop the whole stabbing thing. Besides that the weapon he's going to of been trained to use the quickest is going to be his gun wasn't really time for anything else. Not sure on the non-lethal starter rounds thing sometimes they just need to be able to use lethal force quickly.

18 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Never heard of anyone being trained to shoot people in the leg seems more like a thing from movies or T.V.

46 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean maybe more training focused on de-escalation and use of the non-lethal weapons they have maybe but I'm not sure a taser/stun gun would work in that situation, whether it has to charge up or if it might not stop the whole stabbing thing. Besides that the weapon he's going to of been trained to use the quickest is going to be his gun wasn't really time for anything else. Not sure on the non-lethal starter rounds thing sometimes they just need to be able to use lethal force quickly.

Never heard of anyone being trained to shoot people in the leg seems more like a thing from movies or T.V.

I'm not talking about the taser, and I don't think there was enough time in this situation to tase her. His clip carries 15 bullets. The first 5 could knock a person for a loop without killing them. Same caliber, bit not heavy metal. 

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

I'm not talking about the taser, and I don't think there was enough time in this situation to tase her. His clip carries 15 bullets. The first 5 could knock a person for a loop without killing them. Same caliber, bit not heavy metal. 

i think the empathy people feel for situations like this needs to look at the other side. if that was your daughter..the one that was a moment away from being stabbed with a knife. would you want a police officer protecting her in any other way then he did. anyone who answers yes is not being truthful. the fact this incident is being debated is crazy. a police officer is rarely in the position to prevent a person from imminent life threatening danger and if they are still condemned when they do then i don't see them leaving the car. even if your idea did do something. which i dont( watch the video i posted above) its not 100 percent regardless and that 6th squeeze in high intensity situations will have them prosecuted REGARDLESS of situation.

get ready for police to become nothing more then investigators after the crime and inform the public. we think its this guy. go take him if you want justice. that's where this is going. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Thank you (+1) 1