Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It wouldn’t get any attention though because it wasn’t during the anthem. Why do I feel like this is an old argument?

Then do it some other time.   I’m not sure I understand your “old argument” comment. 

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

I gave several examples:

- kneeling in protest = bad

- Lebron speaking out - “shut up and dribble”

- Black Athletes speaking out - just keep politics out of sports

- Black Lives Matter - no All Loves Matter

Two ideas here that you don't understand - many people watch sports as a reprieve from the real world, it is dumb and pointless and supposed to be fun. Anyone who thinks sports really matter are too dumb to debate. Secondly the national anthem represents the US military which as a whole has done more good for the world in the past 120 years than any other single entity has done in history, and if you disagree I would love to hear what you have. They have the right to do it but they should be smart enough to look at the whole situation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

So getting back to the trial... Nelson files an appeal. Completely within the law. Does he go on a "secret service" sort of program? I honestly don't know how that kind of thing works.

Doesn't he stay locked up during the appeal?

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

No - nothing will change. As a matter of fact:

Hey, I found more on this, the bodycam footage.  It's not quite what this appears to be in the clip posted.

Looks like she was attacking another young lady, and the officer protected the potential victim.

Yes, I know it is Breitbart which is apparently the devil, but just watch the footage of the bodycam and see what you see.

https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2021/04/20/graphic-video-columbus-police-release-bodycam-video-of-shooting/

I hate to see this kind of thing happen.  This is a real problem.  It's not all the police, it's not all race, it is an epidemic within this country and we need to figure it out.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

No - nothing will change. As a matter of fact:

No it sadly won't.

Liberals will still use tragic circumstances like this young girls death, to try and make cheap points before the facts are known. 

Update 11:39 p.m. EDT April 20: During the body cam video released by the Columbus Police Department, it appeared that a Black girl was trying to stab two people with a knife, according to The Associated Press.

A black-handled blade resembling a kitchen knife or steak knife appeared to be lying on the sidewalk next to her immediately after she fell, the AP reported.

“She had a knife. She just went at her,” a man can be heard in the video.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

But entertainment shows ( such as football games) are supposed to be. I’ll agree they have a right to protest....on their own time.  When they’re working, I.e. in uniform, in the workplace ( the stadium) and on TV they don’t have such an unfettered right. Neither do you nor I. Anyway, this thread is about the Chauvin trial, not anthem protests. 

Been reading this side of the forum and found it interesting. Never really had any intention to reply but this made me speak.

First mistake is although football, soccer, bball is entertainment...its being played or performed by "people" just like you and I are

So whether you agree with their opinion or not they have the right to exercise that however they see fit. Just like you and i.

We need to stop viewing major sports as we do an average Joe's 9 to 5. It's not the same and it's not governed the same. So when they are in "uniform" they have the right to do whatever they like. I don't remember any athlete kneeling during a game, I remembered it being done before the game even starts so what is the problem?

Men and women fought for our right to stand or not stand for the anthem so if it bothers anyone so much just change the channI.

..the national anthem is what....on for 2 mins before a game starts..I mean if we were to really look into what Americans are doing during the national anthem i am sure we will see plenty doing things other than standing and honoring the flag.

And I will never understand how is asking for equality political...

To me kneeling peacefully is a lot better than rioting n looting in my opinion.

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Much like Covid, there are no metrics that will ever satisfy the race hustlers.  

It never ends.  Ever.  

15 days to slow the spread went away like "I have a dream that one day.....my four little children will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."  

And by the way.....that is and should be the metric. 

People like this piece of trash don't really want us to get there:

Of course this is all by design.  This is not intended for the intelligent or over 55 yo crowd.  It's intended for the next generation of kids to train them to hate the country....look what the last 10 years has gotten us on the Democrat side imagine the next 15 to 20 years from now.

MLK wanted change.  But not at the expense of the country's mission statement.  The Declaration of Independence.  That's why this vile new Left is such a problem.  They don't understand this.  They think turning the country into at best California at worst China is how we should all be. 

Lots of white guilt libs out there today virtue signal posting how great a day this is.......I know them.  They are the same people that will sell their house the minute the first black family moves across the street.  Systemic racism is real.  It's just not where the media wants you to think it exists *looks at Upper East Side Manhattan*  Frankly I'm sick of conservatives running from the issue.  It's the libs that are racist.  Start calling it out.  Constantly, with logic and reason.  Not emotions.    

Here is a reminder, MLK wanted desegregation and the right vote....to live freely and our children Black and White to join together, free from tyranny.   

The Left wants to rename the schools, change the culture (to what they don't say they just yell change) and want to force you to "learn" Critical Race Theory (Communism in disguise), and permanent division.  All for political gain and a more powerful central authority.   

Dr. KING: So even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day down in Alabama with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, one day right down in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers. I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the South with. With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning: My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrims' pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania. Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado. Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California. But not only that, let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia. Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee. Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old N***o spiritual: Free at last. Free at last. Thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, gobills404 said:

this is where i truley get angry. how the left just allows these race vultures to edit the story and even if they are caught red handed nothing happens to them. did they want that girl to get stabbed to death? if she was murdered the leftist would scream at him for not stopping her and want him held on charges for that as well. that racist just stood by while a young black woman was murdered! but that victims name would not be known.

i hear alot of talk about big chain store destruction as violence is the language of the unheard. 

tell that to secoriea turners family, or david dorns, or Horace Lorenzo Anderson's to name a few. do they even know these names? black people are being killed in the area that has been turned into george floyds memorial near the street named after him! no outrage. no demands to end this type of violence. its just crime, deflect, whatabouts, ignore, from the very people who say no one cares about black life.

https://kstp.com/news/shooting-kills-1-near-george-floyd-memorial/6033788/

so why do black lives only matter in a certain set of circumstances? why are people who perpetuate a false narratives allowed to try again and again giving story after story, edit after edit until the lies sticks and people are full of rage. 

hundreds apon hundreds of black lives are still being needlessly lost and the real racist intitution is the one that has trained the public to not care about them at all. leftists, you are holding that one up quite well.

Edited by Buffarukus

The grandstanding going on right now is absurd. Pelosi thanking Floyd for his sacrifice? What a piece of garbage she is. GF wasn’t some martyr or sacrificial lamb. He was murdered. 

this isn’t some seismic moral inflection point in the fabric of our nation.

A dirty cop murdered a guy in custody  ( also criminal) and is appropriately going to jail  for the rest of his life. 

I sure wish scumbag politicians would own the problem of figuring out how not to give prospective murderers a badge and gun. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

A dirty cop murdered a guy in custody  ( also criminal) and is appropriately going to jail  for the rest of his life. 

I sure wish scumbag politicians would own the problem of figuring out how not to give prospective murderers a badge and gun. 

That's what I mean when I say there's a systemic problem with police in many major cities.  Chauvin had 18 complaints filed against him prior to the Floyd confrontation and was only disciplined for two.  If the Floyd incident wasn't caught by a Samaritan on camera Chauvin would still be patrolling the streets.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

But entertainment shows ( such as football games) are supposed to be. I’ll agree they have a right to protest....on their own time.  When they’re working, I.e. in uniform, in the workplace ( the stadium) and on TV they don’t have such an unfettered right. Neither do you nor I. Anyway, this thread is about the Chauvin trial, not anthem protests. 

Except when their employee allows it. The NFL never banned them from doing it. Their employer was fine with them doing it so you’re whole own time argument is dumb. If the NFL came out and said as your employer we don’t want you doing that then you may have a point, however that was not the case.

Instead, yet again we’re back to you are trying to tell someone how they can or cannot protest.

• Vomit 1

8 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I know you’re a probably a Tory, but you would make a great democrat stateside.  

I would not know what to vote in US election. I am fiscal conservative but could never ever vote for trump, Cruz, Jordan,  People like Pelosi, Cortez, Waters are equally repulsive. Both parties have been kidnapped. In Canada the Conservative party is fighting the ultra right, but may lose the battle and the Liberals have given in and are owned by foreign politics as the party of immigrants and so called marginalized groups. (give them money and they vote for us) without accountability. Some elections feels like a good bottle of wine and bbq steak and stay home. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Two ideas here that you don't understand - many people watch sports as a reprieve from the real world, it is dumb and pointless and supposed to be fun. Anyone who thinks sports really matter are too dumb to debate. Secondly the national anthem represents the US military which as a whole has done more good for the world in the past 120 years than any other single entity has done in history, and if you disagree I would love to hear what you have. They have the right to do it but they should be smart enough to look at the whole situation.

Couple ideas you dont understand. Sports has a long history of political uses. Protests aren’t supposed to be easy for you to ignore. NFL players did nothing wrong and disobeyed nothing on their employer agreement protesting. I’m sorry that you wanted to sit down and watch a game without hearing about black people being murdered by cops but the protest is to get people like you to have to acknowledge it.

For example, if there’s a protest of a WalMart and makes the protest makes it hard for you to go buy whatever you buy there, then the protest is inconvenient but it brings light to the protestors actions to groups that may not know about the issues.

Second, the military. You do know This originally started with sitting for the anthem. Kaep was told that could be disrespectful to the military so he worked with a US veteran on the best way to protest?

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/09/646115651/the-veteran-and-nfl-player-who-advised-kaepernick-to-take-a-knee

Not just any veteran, but a retired Green Beret.

And it struck a chord with me, of course, and it struck a chord with a lot of people - a lot of people in the veteran community as well - because obviously the flag and the anthem and what that stuff stands for means something, you know, very different to us. And I was pretty upset, you know, just because I felt like he didn't understand what those symbols really represent. And - but instead of letting my anger overwhelm me, I decided to relax a little bit, and I wrote this open letter that was just explaining my experiences, my relationship to the flag.

And Colin actually reached out, said he wanted to meet with me. And we sat in the lobby of the team hotel, discussed our situation, our different opinions and feelings about all this. And I suggested him taking a knee instead of sitting even though I wanted him to stand, and he wanted to sit. And it was, like, this compromise that we sort of came to. And that's where the kneeling began.”

But again we’re still back to the right doesn’t have an acceptable form of protest for minority communities.

I asked the question previously and not a single person here answered even though everyone and their sister seems to watch quote my posts.

What would be an acceptable way for the black community to protest?

The call a riot the language of the unheard. With the right constantly telling the black community don’t protest that way, don’t protest like that, shut up and dribble, there is a reason why that community feels unheard.

• Vomit 1

10 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Not me dude. My response has ALWAYS been “what makes it racist?”   

So far no one has been able to intellectually answer that question. 

It’s racist because it was written and passed into effect by a bunch of Republican white guys with with zero input and utter disregard from black constituents.

if the tables were turned the butt hurt from you would be huge.

• Like (+1) 1