Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Explain how you’ve come to this bizarre conclusion. 

I gave several examples:

- kneeling in protest = bad

- Lebron speaking out - “shut up and dribble”

- Black Athletes speaking out - just keep politics out of sports

- Black Lives Matter - no All Loves Matter

- boycotting GA policies - There’s terrible cancel Cole and MLB

Just now, Chef Jim said:

So you have no proof it’s racist but it’s....racist.  Did I get that right? 

Don’t shut up. Find the smoking gun and scream to high heaven. Then I will gladly admit it racist. Until then you have feels not facts.  I’m a fact kind of guy. 

There is always a right way to protest.  Peacefully but more importantly the ballot box!  And yes. We all have access to the ballot box. 

Kneeling was a peaceful protest, you hated that.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Not me dude. My response has ALWAYS been “what makes it racist?”   

So far no one has been able to intellectually answer that question.

Because liberals think only black people can't be bothered and/or don't have the resources and/or can't figure out how to get ID.  And that's totally not racist thinking...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I gave several examples:

- kneeling in protest = bad

- Lebron speaking out - “shut up and dribble”

- Black Athletes speaking out - just keep politics out of sports

- Black Lives Matter - no All Loves Matter

- boycotting GA policies - There’s terrible cancel Cole and MLB

No I hate athletes.  I thought I’ve made that clear here.  You forgot I hate celebrities too. It ain’t color. 

BTW I’m one of the few people here that actually understands what the saying Black Lives Matter actually means. And GASP I agree with it. 

Edited by Chef Jim

47 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I think a common thread that we see here from the people on the right is they love free speech and they love to tell minority groups what to say.

Kneel on a football field - just stand

Lebron speaking out - shut up and dribble

Telling people Black Lives Matter - no all lives matter

The GA election bill is racist - shut up no it’s not 

No matter what form of speech you see from minority groups it will never be appropriate for those on the right.

We do like free speech for everyone but it doesn’t mean we cannot disagree with the opinion. We might not agree with LeBrons idiotic tweets, but we don’t think he should be banned from twitter. As consumers of an entertainment product, why should we watch a protest we disagree with mixed in with it ? Do it with your own time, not on company time. Most of us would be fine with just not playing the anthem, but that’s not what was done. It’s always dicey when you try to put politics into people’s entertainment. This wasn’t a free speech issue as much as a “ do you have free speech when on the job issue . When lies are perpetrated by the media such as the GA election bill, or when a Marxist organization uses a phony moniker ( they only matter some of the time) we call it out. Free speech is great, but it’s not free from reaction by others. Minorities have the same free speech rights as anyone else. Probably more than anyone else right now. You’re confusing freedom of speech with everyone else having to agree with your opinion. 

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you have no proof it’s racist but it’s....racist.  Did I get that right? 

Don’t shut up. Find the smoking gun and scream to high heaven. Then I will gladly admit it racist. Until then you have feels not facts.  I’m a fact kind of guy. 

There is always a right way to protest.  Peacefully but more importantly the ballot box!  And yes. We all have access to the ballot box. 

Ballot boxes are fixed so all trumpers say. That only leaves the street protests if you listen to the trump. Remember Jan 6.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

It was included in an entertainment program, but it didn’t entertain me. Many fans didn’t like it. Sports needs fans to exist. Not too hard to figure out. 

• Eyeroll 2

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

We do like free speech for everyone but it doesn’t mean we cannot disagree with the opinion. We might not agree with LeBrons idiotic tweets, but we don’t think he should be banned from twitter. As consumers of an entertainment product, why should we watch a protest we disagree with mixed in with it ? Do it with your own time, not on company time. Most of us would be fine with just not playing the anthem, but that’s not what was done. It’s always dicey when you try to put politics into people’s entertainment. This wasn’t a free speech issue as much as a “ do you have free speech when on the job issue . When lies are perpetrated by the media such as the GA election bill, or when a Marxist organization uses a phony moniker ( they only matter some of the time) we call it out. Free speech is great, but it’s not free from reaction by others. Minorities have the same free speech rights as anyone else. Probably more than anyone else right now. You’re confusing freedom of speech with everyone else having to agree with your opinion. 

None of what was listed was a different opinion.

Kneeling - Right said dont kneel to protest

- if it was a difference of opinion, the right would say good job using free speech but we disagree with you that black people are being nurseries by cops

LeBron - right said shut up and dribble. That’s an exact quote from Fox News

- if it was a difference of opinion the right would say, Lebron I don’t agree with what you’re saying but here’s my opinion (instead of shut up)

Black Athletes - even on their own time being told to shut up

- if it was a difference of opinion see Lebron

Black Lives Matter - right tries to say All Lives Matter and diminish the speech. Not a difference of opinion as Black Lives Matter never said all lives don’t matter. just a right speaking point to silence the other

- if it was a difference of opinion the right would say no, cops are not murdering black people

Boycotts as a protest - the right wasn’t saying we disagree with your opinion MLB. They were saying don’t pull out of GA. They didn’t want MLB to use their free speech.

- if it was a difference of opinion the right would say I’m sorry you feel the GA law is racist but in our opinion it’s not

Theres a difference between attacking what is being said vs attacking that someone is saying it. The right has attacked people saying things, not what they said.

Edited by Backintheday544
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

Who wants politics when you just want to watch a football game? 

Or a concert. Or an awards show. The Oscars will clock in at around 37 minutes now that Trump is gone. 

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

None of what was listed was a different opinion.

Kneeling - Right said dont kneel to protest

- if it was a difference of opinion, the right would say good job using free speech but we disagree with you that black people are being nurseries by cops

LeBron - right said shut up and dribble. That’s an exact quote from Fox News

- if it was a difference of opinion the right would say, Lebron I don’t agree with what you’re saying but here’s my opinion (instead of shut up)

Black Athletes - even on their own time being told to shut up

- if it was a difference of opinion see Lebron

Black Lives Matter - right tries to say All Lives Matter and diminish the speech. Not a difference of opinion as Black Lives Matter never said all lives don’t matter. just a right speaking point to silence the other

- if it was a difference of opinion the right would say no, cops are not murdering black people

Boycotts as a protest - the right wasn’t saying we disagree with your opinion MLB. They were saying don’t pull out of GA. They didn’t want MLB to use their free speech.

- if it was a difference of opinion the right would say I’m sorry you feel the GA law is racist but in our opinion it’s not

Let me ask you. It only white athletes kneeled do you think conservatives would have an issue with it?  Many took that as disrespect of our flag by Americans not black Americans. I had no problem with it at all. I stopped watching sports way before that was a thing. 

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It was included in an entertainment program, but it didn’t entertain me. Many fans didn’t like it. Sports needs fans to exist. Not too hard to figure out. 

Protests aren’t supposed to be for your pleasure. They should disrupt so their voice is heard.

They had a right to protest. You didn’t like them exercising their right. You didn’t like them protesting.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is the stupidity you get when an individual wealthy beyond the wildest dreams of most people (besides @Chef Jim) harnesses what can be described as near absolute power— shameless tone deaf platitudes that are the modern day equivalent of “Let them eat cake”.  

Fewer words could have been used.

"TRUMP"

• Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Or a concert. Or an awards show. The Oscars will clock in at around 37 minutes now that Trump is gone. 

Let me ask you. It only white athletes kneeled do you think conservatives would have an issue with it?  Many took that as disrespect of our flag by Americans not black Americans. I had no problem with it at all. I stopped watching sports way before that was a thing. 

I don’t think conservatives would have an issue if a large group of white athletes kneeled.

For example if a large group of white players in MLB kneeled because the MLB moved the all star game, I think Fox News would be praising them.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So getting back to the trial... Nelson files an appeal. Completely within the law. Does he go on a "secret service" sort of program? I honestly don't know how that kind of thing works.

3 hours ago, Logic said:
I don't know who needs to hear this, but it's not normal for police to commit extra-judicial murder. The fact that extra-judicial murder by police officers is so normalized is scarier than the fact that people sometimes destroy property in order to protest it.

I don't know who needs to hear this, but if you normalize, defend, and minimize the storming of our capitol and murdering of capitol police by right wing mobs in a seditionist effort to overthrow a free and fair election, but get angry and upset about Rite Aid's windows being smashed, you're a monstrous hypocrite.

One of the most idiotic posts I’ve seen in some time....even from you. Extra judicial whateverthellyourecallingit is a bunch of nonsense. It’s not normalized by any means, in fact it happens a very small percentage of the time. Around a thousand Police involved shootings in a given year.. out of millions of police calls, in a country of 300million plus. It’s not all that common, and when it happens it’s almost always a justified use of force. Moore subjects are white than black or other minority. Police are indemnified in the use of (deadly) physical force because of the violent criminals they face every day, manny of which will try to kill Police officers. It’s not perfect, but nothing is 100%. 

Comparing looting and burning of cities and business in response to a crime by an individual is never acceptable. Comparing it to a protest due to unheard of , unscrupulous changes to election policy in order to facilitate cheating through

unverifiable unrequested paper ballots :a crime against America and the integrity of our election system is patently absurd. If we don’t protest that, we are no better than despotic Communist outposts 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I don’t think conservatives would have an issue if a large group of white athletes kneeled.

For example if a large group of white players in MLB kneeled because the MLB moved the all star game, I think Fox News would be praising them.

Why would they kneel ? Your whole premise is silly, but yes I ( and many others) would have a problem with any player of any background kneeling during the anthem. 

14 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Sigh.... if a large group of BLACK athletes kneeled (not during the anthem) to protest MLB moving the all star game I’d praise them.  Do you understand what I’m saying? It’s not the color of the protesters.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Protests aren’t supposed to be for your pleasure. They should disrupt so their voice is heard.

They had a right to protest. You didn’t like them exercising their right. You didn’t like them protesting.

But entertainment shows ( such as football games) are supposed to be. I’ll agree they have a right to protest....on their own time.  When they’re working, I.e. in uniform, in the workplace ( the stadium) and on TV they don’t have such an unfettered right. Neither do you nor I. Anyway, this thread is about the Chauvin trial, not anthem protests. 

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Sigh.... if a large group of BLACK athletes kneeled (not during the anthem) to protest MLB moving the all star game I’d praise them.  Do you understand what I’m saying? It’s not the color of the protesters.  

It wouldn’t get any attention though because it wasn’t during the anthem. Why do I feel like this is an old argument?