Derek Chauvin Trial

T&C

13 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I think a common thread that we see here from the people on the right is they love free speech and they love to tell minority groups what to say.

Kneel on a football field - just stand

Lebron speaking out - shut up and dribble

Telling people Black Lives Matter - no all lives matter

The GA election bill is racist - shut up no it’s not 

No matter what form of speech you see from minority groups it will never be appropriate for those on the right.

Nice! So in your world view the only opinions are the ones that agree with yours? GROW UP! 

Just now, Logic said:

Keep proving my point. 

That’s what happened dude. You should look up what armed insurrections and coups ACTUALLY look like. There’s been hundreds in human history. This was the first one where the dude dressed like a shaman took funny photos in Pelosi’s chair for the Internet.

Calling that day an insurrection is like calling the Seattle autonomous zone an insurrection. You’re just being hysterical and pearl clutching for easy political points.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Logic said:

Case in point, re: minimizing/downplaying.

10,000 bonus points for “horsecockery”.

By the way, in looking back over your posts in the 1/06 panel thread and others, I see that I was off base in my statements about what you’ve said on that matter in this forum.

There ARE some folks on here who regularly seek to insinuate that the Capitol storming was no big deal, or who seek to otherwise minimize or dismiss it. FireChans just did it a few posts ago in this very thread, for instance. I wrongly lumped you in with them. I apologize. It was an inaccurate and poorly researched characterization on my part. I am sorry.

As to the Rite-Aid smashing:I do think there is some merit to the idea that “rioting is the language of the oppressed”, and that there are instances where it is defensible. Not all instances, admittedly. I certainly don’t condone the destruction of locally owned businesses, in any case.

While I myself have not ever participated in property destruction as a form of protest, I also recognize that I do not belong to a historically oppressed parcel of society. I recognize also that, in the heat of the moment and in an act of crying out at repeated injustice when no other act seems to make their voices heard, people could find themselves engaged in such activities. I accept, though, that we will have to agree to disagree about the appropriateness of property destruction as a means of protest, and I don’t mean to hijack this thread in that direction.

Now you’ve done it, you’ve gone and apologized.  Sh$t just got real.  

I really don’t have many rules for engagement here, but these are them:

1.  I don’t say something here I wouldn’t say to someone’s face; 

2.  I don’t take much personally here; 

3. I will acknowledge when I am wrong if proven incorrect on a point, or acknowledge a point made that I was unaware of if I’m enlightened.  @oldmanfan took me to church on an FDR quote (though rumor is it’s because he attended high school with him and may have been an usher when he married Eleanor) Section 3 (I can’t find his screen name but he’s around) taught me something on legal terminology, @Muppyprovided a different perspective on off the cuff comments I made about a politician and so on.

4.  I’m a conservative leaning guy with liberal tendencies in some cases, but the guy I argue with today might be the guy holding the door for me at Home Depot tomorrow.  I’m not interested in ongoing hostilities; 

Thanks for the acknowledgement on the error, apology accepted and I withdraw my comments regarding you and Andy NGO.  I felt dirty typing that but in the moment I did not like being accused of things I’m not responsible for. 
I also think you’re wrong about @B-Man, but he’s a capable dueler and can handle that himself.  

Anyways, in the big picture I get your perspective, and I think it’s not uncommon for people to feel that way.

However, what I’ve read, and from the people I’ve spoken with directly impacted by rioting and looting is that they are no more interested in being victimized by some jackass looking to rage than by a police officer gone rogue.  Bottom line is the Rite Aid burning in the inner city isn’t good for the public it serves.  I’m a small business owner, and that impacts my point of view, but truly, the man or woman—black, white, Hispanic, Asian etc— who puts heart, soul and money into a business venture doesn’t want to see their life work torched with a Molotov cocktail or looted by some opportunistic white kid.  

Building a business is hard at times,  rebuilding is hard and emotionally taxing and in many cases the young entrepreneur who struck out on his own has aged and my not want to start again.  It’s quite common for business owners to forgo insurance, or be underinsured and that adds to the challenge.  Finally, people count on them for services, for presence in the community to attract other business, and obviously for employment. 

Now, if you want to debate the relative merits of the Floyd family seeking vengeance’s against Chauvin and his property, well, that’s different.  

“Horsecockery” was lifted directly from an episode of Trailer Park Boys.  The scene and delivery was Emmy worthy.  

Have a good night.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That’s what happened dude. You should look up what armed insurrections and coups ACTUALLY look like. There’s been hundreds in human history. This was the first one where the dude dressed like a shaman took funny photos in Pelosi’s chair for the Internet.

Calling that day an insurrection is like calling the Seattle autonomous zone an insurrection. You’re just being hysterical and pearl clutching for easy political points.

It was a riot.  

Just because a few of the morons who went into the capital wanted to overthrow the government does not mean it was a coup nor an insurrection, that is just a bit rich.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don’t want to hijack this thread. There’s already a thread about this.

Suffice it to say: you’re ignoring and/or conveniently failing to mention a few very key points, and you’re absolutely a perfect example of those who fail to acknowledge the serious reality of what occurred that day. Feel free to PM me or take this up in the 1/6 thread.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don’t want to hijack this thread. There’s already a thread about this.

Suffice it to say: you’re ignoring and/or conveniently failing to mention a few very key points, and you’re absolutely a perfect example of those who fail to acknowledge the serious reality of what occurred that day. Feel free to PM me or take this up in the 1/6 thread.

Yes American life changed forever on 1/6 lol. Can I accuse you of “maximizing/upplaying/notnormalizing?”

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

The GA election bill is racist - shut up no it’s not 

Not me dude. My response has ALWAYS been “what makes it racist?”   

So far no one has been able to intellectually answer that question. 

34 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

People who feel openly superior to others in every possible way, simply because they went to an upper echelon school or have a job in the media or are entertainers in acting or music.

People who feel they have the right to bully or threaten you simply because you don't agree with their cause or you won't donate to their charity.

People who yell and chant for justice, when all they really want to do is destroy people's personal property, cause violence and rape towards others, just so they can get away with it.

**Bay Area Resident

FIFY. 

😉

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Process said:

🤣🤣🤣

Between the politicians, sports team, the president.....

What a ****ing circus this has become. This country is such a joke.

Boutta go submit my application for the new social media position they have opening up.

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

I’m open to all sides but one side, i.e. the right always seems to have an issue with how minorities express their concerns.

Hahaha! Well at least you’re honest. I have to give you that. So you only respect the Left, the far Left and the way way out there Left. At least we know where you’re coming from. 😉

32 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Now you’ve done it, you’ve gone and apologized.  Sh$t just got real.  

I really don’t have many rules for engagement here, but these are them:

1.  I don’t say something here I wouldn’t say to someone’s face; 

2.  I don’t take much personally here; 

3. I will acknowledge when I am wrong if proven incorrect on a point, or acknowledge a point made that I was unaware of if I’m enlightened.  @oldmanfan took me to church on an FDR quote (though rumor is it’s because he attended high school with him and may have been an usher when he married Eleanor) Section 3 (I can’t find his screen name but he’s around) taught me something on legal terminology, @Muppyprovided a different perspective on off the cuff comments I made about a politician and so on.

4.  I’m a conservative leaning guy with liberal tendencies in some cases, but the guy I argue with today might be the guy holding the door for me at Home Depot tomorrow.  I’m not interested in ongoing hostilities; 

Thanks for the acknowledgement on the error, apology accepted and I withdraw my comments regarding you and Andy NGO.  I felt dirty typing that but in the moment I did not like being accused of things I’m not responsible for. 
I also think you’re wrong about @B-Man, but he’s a capable dueler and can handle that himself.  

Anyways, in the big picture I get your perspective, and I think it’s not uncommon for people to feel that way.

However, what I’ve read, and from the people I’ve spoken with directly impacted by rioting and looting is that they are no more interested in being victimized by some jackass looking to rage than by a police officer gone rogue.  Bottom line is the Rite Aid burning in the inner city isn’t good for the public it serves.  I’m a small business owner, and that impacts my point of view, but truly, the man or woman—black, white, Hispanic, Asian etc— who puts heart, soul and money into a business venture doesn’t want to see their life work torched with a Molotov cocktail or looted by some opportunistic white kid.  

Building a business is hard at times,  rebuilding is hard and emotionally taxing and in many cases the young entrepreneur who struck out on his own has aged and my not want to start again.  It’s quite common for business owners to forgo insurance, or be underinsured and that adds to the challenge.  Finally, people count on them for services, for presence in the community to attract other business, and obviously for employment. 

Now, if you want to debate the relative merits of the Floyd family seeking vengeance’s against Chauvin and his property, well, that’s different.  

“Horsecockery” was lifted directly from an episode of Trailer Park Boys.  The scene and delivery was Emmy worthy.  

Have a good night.  

Actually I was in his cousin’s wedding....,

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Not me dude. My response has ALWAYS been “what makes it racist?”   

So far no one has been able to intellectually answer that question. 

What your looking for is a smoking gun and ignore the circumstantial evidence that is presented.

No GA Republican is going to come out and say yea we passed this to disenfranchise voters.

North Carolina is a great example with their racial gerrymandering but the circumstantial evidence was overwhelming that the courts concluded it was targeting minimizing black voters.

But that is for the other thread.

For this thread the context is more, minorities are telling you racist, minorities and companies are protesting it as racist but the rights answer is just shut up.

MLB protests by moving the game out of ATL. The right comes out and says we don’t like that protest you can’t do that!

There will never be an acceptable way to the right for people to protest their displeasure with their policies or beliefs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hahaha! Well at least you’re honest. I have to give you that. So you only respect the Left, the far Left and the way way out there Left. At least we know where you’re coming from. 😉

Can you name an acceptable way to you for minorities to voice their  displeasure with a right belief or policy?

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

What your looking for is a smoking gun and ignore the circumstantial evidence that is presented.

No GA Republican is going to come out and say yea we passed this to disenfranchise voters.

North Carolina is a great example with their racial gerrymandering but the circumstantial evidence was overwhelming that the courts concluded it was targeting minimizing black voters.

But that is for the other thread.

For this thread the context is more, minorities are telling you racist, minorities and companies are protesting it as racist but the rights answer is just shut up.

MLB protests by moving the game out of ATL. The right comes out and says we don’t like that protest you can’t do that!

There will never be an acceptable way to the right for people to protest their displeasure with their policies or beliefs.

So you have no proof it’s racist but it’s....racist.  Did I get that right? 

Don’t shut up. Find the smoking gun and scream to high heaven. Then I will gladly admit it racist. Until then you have feels not facts.  I’m a fact kind of guy. 

There is always a right way to protest.  Peacefully but more importantly the ballot box!  And yes. We all have access to the ballot box. 

• Like (+1) 1